WORLD OF DARKNESS - A Modern Horror Game

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
attachment.php

Where the Shadows Grow Long...

We live our days completely ignorant of the true terrors lurking around us. Only rarely do our experiences draw back the veil of shadows and reveal the horror in our midst. These glimpses into the supernatural can cause us to retreat into comforting lies - 'There are no such things as monsters' - or stir our morbid curiosity. Only a few, however, can overcome their fear and dare to look deeper.

Abandon Hope All Who Enter...

The World of Darkness introduces a version of our contemporary world where the supernatural is real. Players join to tell tales of mystery and horror, where theme, mood and plot are more important to a character’s experiences than his weapons or equipment...

That's the product description. World of Darkness is a Tabletop Horror RP System, it's focus on narrative and characters as opposed to looting and equipment. It's set in a world much like our own, only even more twisted and dark than ours; strange creatures lurk in the night, preying upon humanity. Ancient terrors exist in the dark corners of the Earth, with their own eldritch motivations no human can hope to understand.

This is a system I've been wanting to run on Iwaku for a long time now; I've tried on a couple of occasions and failed miserably but I want to give it another shot. My plan is to run an introductory game, using just the basic rules of WoD; no vampires or werewolves or mages, just ordinary human beings thrown into a horrifying situation.

This will probably be a Chat RP that will play out over a few sessions, though if people prefer I can run a forum RP of this instead/as well. This thread's largely just to garner interest/answer any questions people might have.

So yeah, if you have any questions and queries, post them here. And please let me know if you're interested.

I've never done WoD before, but I have all the books and would love to learn. :D I'd prefer forum RP.
Since you said no werewolves and stuff, I'm assuming no fey either? ...Sigh. Alright, I'll start thinking about a human character.

I'd rather just do a straight-up World of Darkness game for the first chronicle. After that, though, you better believe Changeling is high on my list of supplements to run. Cos fuck yeah, Changeling.

Fuck yes Changeling indeed. Though at heart, I'm that weird Ventrue who chills with the Nosferatu.
I might use the character I made for my game (Jeffrey City) and give him WoD stats. I think he's a good fit. C:

I'm already starting a changeling game with a few friends of mine... I'm not sure I like it. Not really my style.

Just a few mortals though...That sounds a lot like a street level Hunter game...and I LOVE hunter...

This game will probably be closest to Hunter, of all the books. Won't actually be a Hunter chronicle, though.

NO PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE FOR YOU. >:[

I can live without practical experience :P

Wonder if I should join it with my RL character. The shotgun wielding, dumb as shit redneck, Buck Jenkins...

Alrighty, I'mma writing up an OOC for an intro chronicle as we speak.

You folks who posted in this thread will have spots reserved in the game should you want to take them. If you don't, just let me know.

Cheers, guys. Nice to know there's folks who want to play a game of WoD here.