World made of Sand?

Welcome Flying Gekko; we are Open and Accepting members ^.^ Just post up a character skellie and intro post in response to the rp start here on this thread. I can't wait to see what you have planned.

Whoot!

Charrie Name: Camerun, “Chameleon”
Appearence: Tanned skin, hair braided back with a few stragglers forming a kind of fringe; colour is copper-ish. Average height but muscles are sculpted. Very plain clothes with pants having a few pockets and is a fan of desert scarfs. Sometimes wears a coat with three-quarter sleeves. Eyes look a bit… glassy. Wears gloves all the time.
Personality: A very calm person, sometimes socially awkward (in the sense of being very honest with no sugar coating). Having been a travelling merchant mostly, social interactions were few. Is working on fixing this though, to better fit into society. Seems very interested and curious about just about anything, and in fact has a sketchbook of creatures he’s seen on his earlier merchant travels.
Class: Something Else (?) currently a substitute teacher – if that’s okay?
Abilities: Uses elements/aspects to morph according to current needs (e.g. when traveling perhaps by night in the desert, being a pile of sand is very handy to not attract the attention of potential predators). Prefers to stay in “human” form though.

Limitations to Abilities: Staying too long in one simple form can have... undesirable consequences. Namely that if he stays too long in it, he will find it harder and harder to take on any other form - you might say he "sets" like a mold does. His human form seems to be very balanced and is thus exempted from this rule. Also, he can't counter the "set" effect by constantly shifting forms, as the shifting takes a lot of energy.
Weapons: Has a solar-powered laser/light emitter fitted to each fingertip of gloves - mostly to ward off rather than kill. Otherwise, having a morphing ability, changing hands or arm into blades or hammer-like forms can be useful too.

So far things were going good. Camerun had succeeded in fitting in and even had a job as a substitute teacher... not bad for something that had had to teach itself how to be a human.
Some might have questioned why it decided to do this, but all "it" could think of was that it had gotten tired of aimlessly skulking around and wanted to do something with its life. Well, he would give this reason if anyone actually asked the question… but clients were only interested in prices and here in the city they didn’t seem to care, really. Oh well.

Right now he (as it had decided would be its “gender” and thus had a more masculine appearance) was on his way through the corridor, reading through a few files. His instructions were to keep the students busy and calm until further notice, same as the other teachers not busy at the gymnasium.
Of course, seeing what had actually happened in the gym would be more interesting, but being relatively new at the academy he didn’t have that privilege. All he knew was that apparently arrangements had been made to clear things out and the academy would then continue as normal.

He heard the ruckus coming from his currently assigned class and felt the excitement emitting from it. The absent teacher had informed him that it was a rowdy one, but he had given a few lessons before so the students knew him somewhat. Still, sometimes getting them disciplined enough to listen could be a tricky business since some “specials” thought themselves above the rules.

Someone sounded like they were trying to take control of the situation and as he entered the class with a placid yet serious look, he stood silently as a paper plane hit his forehead. The class fell silent, apart from a few lingering conversations. He noticed the students looked expectantly at him.
“Now that I have your attention.” He said as he walked to the teacher’s desk, and plopped the files there.
“I know you’re all wondering about the rumours going around and so on, and I don’t have the answers. I do know that they are busy with the situation and in the meantime, we carry on with classes.”

Some students replied with disappointment and “booo”s but Camerun remained unfazed.
“Tell you all what, to make it interesting we’ll discuss what we know about husks, since they’re such a hot topic today.” He moved to the black board and drew a quick, and accurate, sketch of what an average husk looked like.
“Who knows what they can do? Their group structures? Habits?”
He now looked at them expectantly…

… and knew this might be a long day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post and character concept however, what are the costs to his power, remember every power must have a limiter, or a counter balance. And as for the post, once your character is approved you'll be entered into the next round of posts and you can reply accordingly and entrance there. The rp entrance is more of a formaity to see how you write. ^.^

Ahhh, I shall amend ;)

EDIT: Amended! (will that do?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply.

And accteped,Cameron you can jump into the rp after Luiz Ruiz Post. I will amend the rp page to include your character at the end of round one. Welcome I'm so happy you could join us ^.^

Alright Round three starting lol ^.^ I'm gonna work on the OOC thread some in the next couple days, sorta bein lazy on my day off though LOL. ^.^

Update. Our first Thread Event has happened ^.^ Yay! I wil have more info coming soon to this thread, prolly tonight actually ^.^ Cause I gotta go to work now but I have tomorrow off so I will be on tonight for a while I do believe.

UPDATES MADE TO BEGINING OF THE OC THREAD check out our new stuff should be flowing in all day ^.^ Hope yall like.

I definitely like... your dedication is a wonderful inspiration! Well doing! (I would say done, but things are still happening ;) )

Lol I know right? God work has been trying to kill me this weekend. But i have two days off in a row next week so i'ma do some more then, ^.^ I'm just glad i don't have writer's block anymore. I owe each of yall thanks !

I have an idea for a husk, a special kind:

Name: Nightmare husk (or if you can think of a better name, please feel free xD )
Species: Husk (special)

At first sight of this creature, you will notice how grotesque it is. The mere sight of it makes you want to run and hide in fear. It is the stuff of nightmares. It's size can be anything from human size to twice tall as a human.
This husk is more dangerous that the average kind, mostly because melee combat is less effective and it's ability of "absorption". It can use severed parts of other creatures that it finds and use it to "build / upgrade" itself. Not much is known about it or how it does this, but one thing is clear: do not let it touch you.
Any form of contact will immediately result in the husk's ability kicking in and it will pull you into it, or literally tear you apart and take what it finds useful from you. Thankfully, as far as knowledge of it goes, it cannot absorb a special's power.

An important note about this husk:
If you think you've killed it, kill it again and do not let your guard down. It has been known for these things to "come to life" and catch its prey by surprise. Some theorize that this creature sometimes has more than one mind / brain, and others say that its vitals is more wide spread throughout its body. Either way, be cautious or have a few grenades handy.

Hm I like your idea Camerun ^.^ Might I edit it some and use it for the thread?

Okay. On some thought we need some more members. anyone have an idea how to get some?

Agreed... more members would e nice.

I would say psam people's inboxes who are interested in Sci-fi (according to their rp profile setup), but I'm not sure if that's, uh, legal >.>

I don't believe its spam when you are merely inviting people to an rp. Especially if they are open to invites. Theres nothing wrong with that. Unless... you meant you will literally spam them with multiple messages. Now that would be quite rude.

Heehehehehhe, yeah that would.
A simple invitation, then ;)

Hmmm good Idea but we I'll check with a mod first to make sure we can invite through inbox. Also I have started to advertise on other forum sites I run around on. I placed a link in meh siggies on them LOL. I need to make a cool lil clickable link for us ^.^ -goes about plotting button-