World made of Sand?

A

andilyn

Original poster
.setting. The world was once on the cusp of revolution anew, the year was around 2035; then for some reason... it all vanished. Light blinded the world for nearly a decade, and when the light faded a new world awaited those who survived the harsh temperatures and new evolutionary changes our ecosystem undertook during the Light. Only a mere 3% of the human population survived, the rest were mutated into scorched remnants of their former selves we now lovingly call Husks, don't be fooled they are dangerous demonic like beings that have morphic abilities that can put your worse nightmares to shame. Wild and plant life evolved to hunt, and well. With very little life left, even the most docile of creatures can be deadly within seconds. Humans had some rather interesting changes to them as well, new and dangerous people walk the earth now pulling the theory of our evolutionary roots into question. But their are so few left it doesn't really matter, everyone has their own problems their own government, their own law, we're all just trying to survive on what's left of our history, in a world of sand that goes on for miles, some cities remain in tact, some completely destroyed from unknown causes, there are forests, but you have to be a damn fool to enter them unless your a Special. Water and food is scarce. This is the world we live in, can you survive? ...

-It has been nearly five hundred years since the light faded. I have left this setting vastily open for a reason I would like to see alot of creativity and original thoughts. The majority of the plot will be in Lysha City which has built up a nice little population of 357 and has a naruto like culture (but not exactly sorta village city idea ^.^) I want you the rpers and myself included to come up with all the different creatures and things that can be in this time period thing of it as we're building our own genra of high fantasy rp just about anything goes.

0d7aec8b-bd1d-48e2-b8ef-cb5ab2cd543d_zpsb3a34970.jpg

-Lysha City- population: 357 : Weather : Normally dry-hot with brisk winds reaching temperatures around 110 during the day and -35 at night. Don't go outdoors without the proper clothing. Lysha was built out of what could have been New York City, Japan, or maybe even Sidney, but it was a rather large city and the citizens of lysha haven't had to do much to make the city their own now.Electricity is a thing of the past, so is running water pretty much there are public baths much like japanese culture of our history. And EVERYTHING is Solar Powered.(Have fun with this) Building off and within the structures that still stood Lysha now has a Capital, the big building in the center, where the Guardian (think mayor/general LOL) and his three advisor's go about their normal buisness. Then outside the capital building the city is set up with the rich in higher reaches and the poor in lower reaches, but honestly everyone is about the same wealth class, its all who you know now-a-days rather. There is a school for the 'Specials' anyone with abilities is required and enforced to join by marshal law.
--Warning. The city is not a safe place, Husks still roam our world, and even though the city is surrounded by a gigantic desert the husks still lurk in some dark crevices of the unexplored city and surrounding terrain. What are Husks? They were humans but now they look like their name states; dried slouching slow moving husks of what could have been human ? if you stretch their limbs and torso's to around 9' tall proportions. Also their bodies can stretch and tear pulling together into new deadly forms (like sharpened points instead of arms, their skull can be dismantled and forward to bite and drag its prey in. pretty grodie! but demonic like yep hellish even LOL) Sorta like zombies they shamble around aimlessly towards sound they have little to no eye sight, possibly something that happened during the Light. But once they find their prey their speed can increase by ten fold depnding on how long it's been since they last ate. If it's been a while... you're screwed. If they have eaten they are much much slower.

-The Academy- :description coming soon:

Okay On to Quick Rules.

-1 character only please.
-Fill out the Prof. Skelie and first post/intro together for entrance.
-be respectful of not only the rules but each other
-We will do post order why entrance into the thread. If you do not respond within a day you may be skipped for one turn but not a second for an aditional day in which I will message you then decide whether or not to continue. I am the beginning of every turn ^.^
- Please no mary janes or joe smiths, I let the plot very open 'cause I like creativity and characters that don't normally fit into your normal every day rp. Makes them FUN ^.^ But this is in no way approving godmoding or powerplaying by any means. All powers have an equal cost to use, BALANCE YOUR ABILITIES!
-HAVE FUN!
-If your having problems with really understand this rp/or how to make a charrie, check out my prof skellie i will make it little more enlightening.
-If you have a transforming character they must retain 75% of their body mass meaning they can double their size or half their size but nothing to big or to small please. I want it to still a little realistic here. So if your character can turn into a cat for instance the smallest they would get is a cat the size of a dog large to medium in size.

--sidenote: More rules may be added later ^.^

THREAD STATUS
whats this? This is whether or not our thread/rp World Made of Sand is accepting or not. Check back often if we're closed. Also tells you our activity in posts made.​
::We're Currently::​
!!!OPEN ACCEPTING MEMBERS!!!
::Activity::
!!!POSTING DAILY!!!
In Character Thread Here​
Lyshian Census
Citizens: 0​
S-Citizen (Special citizens)
Soldier:0​
S-Specials: 3 (Students)
Teachers: 1​
Mechanics: 0 (people who help keep the city alive)​
Guardian: NPC​
Creatures: 0​
4 members Total
Opened: 06.17.13
In Need of Soldiers :: Citizens :: S-Specials :: S-Citizens :: Teachers :: Creatures :: Mechanics
So yeah pretty much everything LOL.

Wanna join Us? Fill out our skellie after you've read all the important stuff. And thank you for your consideration.

-Prof. Skellie-
Charrie Name: what are they called? do they have a regular name or maybe a nick name what do you wanna be known as in lysha.
Age: no one can be immortal life spans still only 100 if your damn lucky. Specials tend to live shorter lives, due to powers or the fact that they seem to be drawn to fighting are still unknown factors.
Appearence: If you use art please credit original artist I myself am an artist and will be very very ugly to you if you steal someones art ...so ... so gr!
Personality: Who is your character really? Peal them like an onion layer by layer how do they seem to others, what are their secrets, what are their flaws.
Class: Special? Citizen(regular person) ? Soldier (their police/military) ? Guardian (NPC BY ANDI.LYN ONLY) ? S-Citizen (special citizen) ? Teacher (at the academy of course)? Mechanics (keep the city alive with their inventions) ? Or Something Else (A husk? or a newly evolved wild critter oooo could do all sorts of other charries with this.?
Abilities: Remember no power laying/godmoding balance your abilities out but can be pretty much anything, and rules on transforming.
Weapons: If any, guns are cool, but gun powder is a little hard to come by, solar powered weapons can be thought up here.
History: Doesn't have to be much just a little something about their past. What did they experience growing up here in Lyshia? I wanna see creativity here. ^.~
Rp Example: I want to see what you can do. I will not have a word count here on WOS HOWEVER! This does NOT in ANY way allow one-liners I can't stand them. And honestly if you cannot post at least a couple short paragraphs of descriptive, and grammatically correct writing your doing your own roleplaying injustice.

Last edited by a moderator:
!!!NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES!!!
**Here you can find the inital story to the In Character Thread. Also I will collect all Event Notes from the IC Thread so it won't be hard to keep up with all the Event Notes. Also any updates I make I will try and post in here as well. Thank you for your patients.​
IC RP INTRO START!​

-Dawn was breaking over the horizon, and already the temperature was reaching a hundred. This was normal though in Lysha, people were already cooking, or working on their wares for sell in the Dusk Hours. But for Sylace it was cool and refreshing, tucked away in her tiny apartment to the east of the capital building not three blocks from the academy. She'd gotten a good place after she'd passed her Juniors exams. Only one more class to get through and she would be free...maybe to leave Lysha? Who knew. But to pass the class first she had to get there.

Sylace sat bolt upright in her tumble of a hammock bed and shook her silky red mane from her face and bright azure eyes. What time was it anyway? She quirked a thin brow and leapt from bed. No time to check she had to go. She pulled on her red skirt, belt satchel, halter and collar then finally her corded yellow bood. She paused briefly infront of a tall cracked mirror to stick her tongue out at her reflection before scampering out the door. She had to go.

She skipped the stairs up three at a time using her toned oil machine of a body to get her to the top quickly. At least she was in shape since joining the academy. She blinked as she burst through the double doors opening up onto the street through an old subway hatch. She squinted and blinked a few more times trying to adjust it was already close to 7! She HAD TO GO!

She scampered quickly up onto the street and kicked the doors shut before husseling the three blocks over to the academy. She arrived just in time it seemed... or maybe just a little late. Everyone in her class of junior level SS' were gathered around a solar-holo of what looked like the news reports for the day. Several were just goofing off but from the group Sylace heard them clearly from her seat closest to the right side of the class.

"Didn't you hear? A bunch of Husks busted into the Gymnasium Stands last night. A bunch of our teachers are down there supposedly cleaning up the mess..."

"Lie! They would have sounded the bells if Husks were that close to the city center... wouldn't they?"

"Well explain why half of our teachers are missing?"

"Shut up Tali! Your's scarring Mishie"

Sylace sighed as she saw Tali was about to get ugly. Sylace really hated when the teachers were abscent it was like trying to keep a bunch of rabid dogs from each other. Why were Specials so inclined to fight she wondered? She felt it sometimes... that need that fun energizing need to use her powers, show off what she can do, prove she is alpha and others omega... Weird. She shook her head. Tali was on the desk top now. Great... today was gonna blow.

"Oi! you all up front.. TALI! get off that damn desk girl were you raised in a barn? Skies and sands around would you just chill. Their is an explanation for what's going on, how about we go blow off some steam while we await our teachers at the target lanes?" Sylace hoped they would join, if not she was prolly gonna half'ta take law into her hands to calm the girls down. Several of the others were looking bristled to. Why her?

!!!NEWS!!!
~things in yellow = important
6:25::2013 :: We are Open as of 6:17:2013 and I just wanted to say a big THANKS! To Zeraj (Larz), Pylonius (Liex), and FlyingGekko (Camerun) for already joining even though its not completely finished yet LOL. And for already staying active and for keeping the posts coming Ya'll are awesome and made me feel much more confident about making a thread now. Just wanted to say I'm gonna do my best to make this rp Epic for ya'll ^.^ Also I'm currently working the OOC Thread (if you couldn't tell) I may make some changes to our profile skellie to flush out our characters a little more. I may also be doing fan art soon of each of our first three members ^.^ Also thinking about making us some adoptable thingie LOL don't ask i'm just full of ideas. Also Polls gonna start soon.
Cheers!

:::EVENT NOTES:::
What is an Event Note? They are events that only I will post (for now) that include world events for instance an attack on the city by a large group of husks, or the Guardian getting killed (etc). So check here to see what's happening. I will post the date the even happened, then the events number and then finally the even itself.
June 24th:: Event Note 1 ::-Suddenly the entire academy shook as a lower level was blown to seal entrances into the Academy's catacombs. This effectively has stopped the inflow of Husk's, however their are about forty five of them left. Several entrances have been seals for general public's protection. The only exit still available are on the top five floors. fifteen are reported being sighted in the lower levels, and the rest between the survivors and their escape. Enjoy.=)​

You know what we need in this roleplay? More sand.

Oh and by the way, we don't need to fill out stuff here, it's jump-in roleplays. If you want a registration, go to the other forums, but not this one.

Bestiary
!!!!COMING SOON!!!!​
I want to put up all the Critters we come across on this post. If you want to use a newly evolved creature NPC 's only though please ask on this thread. Put a picture or a DETAILED description down and i will put it up. Hopefully I will make most of it my own and members art ^.^ ubt if you request something and use another artists work YOU BETTER GIVE IT CREDIT AND A LINK TO WERE YOU FOUND IT ... or else ^.~​

Moved to SciFi for you! :]

Members
Name: Sylace, or Sya/Ace are common nick names for her.
Appearence:
Sylace_zpsee0fddd0.jpg
1cb86d6a-06c5-4588-8f44-131aed1f1bde_zpsd80879f1.jpg
Personality: Though Sylace is young she is brilliant if in a dark... insane sort of way. She is top of the class at the Academy, and she has few friends. Mostly she keeps to herself and does her job as she is supposed to. However the nature of her abilites makes her a hesitant to get to close to anyone. She has dreams of going out into the wilds one day, to find other cities. Other peoples to see how they differ from the every day Lyshian. She likes to figure out how people work, she likes to dissect things ... with her mind of course ^.~ But she is loyal to death, but that loyalty once broken is never regained, she has had a hard life and it shows in the wall she keeps up to protect her soft sweet nature hidden ... deep deep... so very deep inside lol.
Class: Special
Abilities: Sylace has the control of flare energies, meaning she can pull the solar energy from around her to use in battle, or to power mechanical little friends of hers. The energy in appearence seems liquid in nature yet also fire. This energy can be extremely hot to freezing cold depending on how Sya feels. Her emotions control this power which can be dangerous if not her control over them. Can only be used for about an hour before it's toll takes her to her knees. Also her hair turns sable when using powers.
--costs-- At night she is pretty much powerless. She can draw the energy but it will render her KO if used for more that fifteen minutes. Emotional status can effect her use of the Flare energy, if for instance, she is stricken with sudden grief/saddness/maddness/anger/happiness her focus will break and the energy will simply vanish as quick as it forms. She can only use the energy for about an hour and for every minute she uses it is like running a quarter mile. So every four minutes is a mile. If used to her max she will faint.
Weapons: Twin battons made of black steel
Name: Lazr
Appearance: From a distance he seems gray and lifeless almost like a husk. He has pale skin despite how much sun he gets. He generally wears dark colors of muted blacks and grays, except for a long dark green scarf he usually covers his mouth. His hair is a black and covers his gray eyes. He stands 5'7 when he stands straight, but is often seen slouching over as if disappointed.
Personality: If one had find all the depression in the world in place it in one man and give that person a tiny spark of life, this person would be Lazr. He is the embodiment of dark thoughts and boredom. Many often wonder why he still lives with barely any will to continue forth and yet he does. One of worst students of the Academy, his presence puts even the most energetic person into dire bleakness. So therefore he is mostly ignored. Now rip away the dark shell you see. All the way. There is a bright determinant flame within. A caring soul overflowing with kindness. But the dark shell barely lets any of it leak out. If a person observed Lazr throughout his day. They would find him caring for the Academy's measly garden or drawing pictures so heartrendingly beautiful and kind that you would think it an impossibility after looking at the artist. But these things he does alone and without any observers for he is a person of paranoia. One born from living in this harsh world. To blend with the background and enjoy the small comforts of life. That is his way.
Abilities: Lazr is blind in the normal sense. His eyes sees nothing. Light reflects of his gray eyes only to send no signals to his brain. Yet he sees and acts like any other normal person. He has the power to see the shape of life. Or at least that is what he calls it. He sees the different color tones of this strange energy pulse from thing to thing. Even the inanimate objects flowed with it. Perhaps the light that lit the world kindled a dormant spirit in all things. All he knew is he saw life as they truly were. This ability alone would have not attracted the attention of the Academy, but Lazr also can manage to affect life in strange ways. He can move some of it around giving life from one object to another. For example, if he put some life of a stone into a knife, the knife will be much more durable. If he move a lot of it away from the knife then it can break and even crumble in his hands. Inanimate things are much easier than living things. Moving life from flowers to anything else is extremely difficult. So to move something as large as a human or animal would be impossible. However there is one exception to the rule. He can pour his own life into things such as giving life to make flowers more healthy or making things clearer(things with very little life are fuzzy and barely see able by Lazr). Lazr feels he has an unusually large source of life to draw upon compared to other people. He theorizes it must be caused by unconsciously sapping away extremely small bits of life from his surroundings. This however accumulates. He finds it distressing to be slowly leeching from his surroundings, so he built dark wall around himself. A barrier to block life from entering him and leaving him. This however has caused him to become more... lifeless. With his shell on he can barely even do simple things with his abilities and he is completely fine with that. However in times of great needs he can open small parts or remove his dark barrier but it is extremely painful and he prefers not to.
Weapons: He uses a three-section staff made of hard life infused wood which he usually keeps dismantled and hidden.
Charrie Name: Liex Ruiz
Appearence: Has brown skin tone and closely cropped hair. His eyes are a dark brown and his hair is black. He has a scar going down the left side of his face and a tattoo of a serpent coiling along his forearm. Stands at 5'11".​
Personality: Is a calm, cool, and collected person. Prefers to blend into a crowd than to draw attention to himself. Also only speaks up if he needs to, otherwise he's content to just watch everything with an analytical eye. Is also a bit of a... cold person, he'd sooner let someone die than to risk his own life. Living in such a harsh environment instilled that way of thinking into his mind, and it has been the main thing that's kept him alive so long.​
Abilities: Can take the suns rays and focus them into a burning beam which can cut through practically anything. He can also focus the energy to run through this blades, making them burn whatever they cut into. However, he can only use this ability when in the sun. When out of it, he stores a portion of energy within him, but once those reserves are burned up he can no longer use it.
Weapons: Two kukris that are strapped to his hips.
Charrie Name: Camerun, "Chameleon"
Appearence: Tanned skin, hair braided back with a few stragglers forming a kind of fringe; colour is copper-ish. Average height but muscles are sculpted. Very plain clothes with pants having a few pockets and is a fan of desert scarfs. Sometimes wears a coat with three-quarter sleeves. Eyes look a bit… glassy. Wears gloves all the time.
Personality: A very calm person, sometimes socially awkward (in the sense of being very honest with no sugar coating). Having been a travelling merchant mostly, social interactions were few. Is working on fixing this though, to better fit into society. Seems very interested and curious about just about anything, and in fact has a sketchbook of creatures he's seen on his earlier merchant travels.
Class: Substitute Teacher, also know as Right Hand to the Academy President.
Abilities: Uses elements/aspects to morph according to current needs (e.g. when traveling perhaps by night in the desert, being a pile of sand is very handy to not attract the attention of potential predators). Prefers to stay in "human" form though.
Limitations to Abilities: Staying too long in one simple form can have... undesirable consequences. Namely that if he stays too long in it, he will find it harder and harder to take on any other form - you might say he "sets" like a mold does. His human form seems to be very balanced and is thus exempted from this rule. Also, he can't counter the "set" effect by constantly shifting forms, as the shifting takes a lot of energy.
Weapons: Has a solar-powered laser/light emitter fitted to each fingertip of gloves - mostly to ward off rather than kill. Otherwise, having a morphing ability, changing hands or arm into blades or hammer-like forms can be useful too.

COMING SOON
MAPS :: LOCATIONS :: LYSHIAN WIKI

Name: Lazr
Appearance: From a distance he seems gray and lifeless almost like a husk. He has pale skin despite how much sun he gets. He generally wears dark colors of muted blacks and grays, except for a long dark green scarf he usually covers his mouth. His hair is a black and covers his gray eyes. He stands 5'7 when he stands straight, but is often seen slouching over as if disappointed.
Personality: If one had find all the depression in the world in place it in one man and give that person a tiny spark of life, this person would be Lazr. He is the embodiment of dark thoughts and boredom. Many often wonder why he still lives with barely any will to continue forth and yet he does. One of worst students of the Academy, his presence puts even the most energetic person into dire bleakness. So therefore he is mostly ignored. Now rip away the dark shell you see. All the way. There is a bright determinant flame within. A caring soul overflowing with kindness. But the dark shell barely lets any of it leak out. If a person observed Lazr throughout his day. They would find him caring for the Academy's measly garden or drawing pictures so heartrendingly beautiful and kind that you would think it an impossibility after looking at the artist. But these things he does alone and without any observers for he is a person of paranoia. One born from living in this harsh world. To blend with the background and enjoy the small comforts of life. That is his way.
Abilities: Lazr is blind in the normal sense. His eyes sees nothing. Light reflects of his gray eyes only to send no signals to his brain. Yet he sees and acts like any other normal person. He has the power to see the shape of life. Or at least that is what he calls it. He sees the different color tones of this strange energy pulse from thing to thing. Even the inanimate objects flowed with it. Perhaps the light that lit the world kindled a dormant spirit in all things. All he knew is he saw life as they truly were. This ability alone would have not attracted the attention of the Academy, but Lazr also can manage to affect life in strange ways. He can move some of it around giving life from one object to another. For example, if he put some life of a stone into a knife, the knife will be much more durable. If he move a lot of it away from the knife then it can break and even crumble in his hands. Inanimate things are much easier than living things. Moving life from flowers to anything else is extremely difficult. So to move something as large as a human or animal would be impossible. However there is one exception to the rule. He can pour his own life into things such as giving life to make flowers more healthy or making things clearer(things with very little life are fuzzy and barely see able by Lazr). Lazr feels he has an unusually large source of life to draw upon compared to other people. He theorizes it must be caused by unconsciously sapping away extremely small bits of life from his surroundings. This however accumulates. He finds it distressing to be slowly leeching from his surroundings, so he built dark wall around himself. A barrier to block life from entering him and leaving him. This however has caused him to become more... lifeless. With his shell on he can barely even do simple things with his abilities and he is completely fine with that. However in times of great needs he can open small parts or remove his dark barrier but it is extremely painful and he prefers not to.
Weapons: He uses a three-section staff made of hard life infused wood which he usually keeps dismantled and hidden.

RP Start

"Gah" The brightness woke him again. Lazr doesn't know why but the sun pulses with so much life energy. He is surprised he can even see at all, but the sun is like a giant veil, covering everything with a nice tint of light. He gets off his bed and begins to dress. He hated school. It seemed so utterly pointless. Training to increase the powers of specials. As if specials aren't dangerous enough. He sighed once more as he always does before school. He wraps the bright green scarf around his neck. It was so warm. So much life was in the scarf. It was quite abnormal. Perhaps impossibly so, but it was a memento from his mother. The only thing left after... Lazr immediately stopped his train of thought. No need to dwell on dark moments. He looked around his room and saw everything was normal.

Lazr is forced to live in one of the dorms near the Academy. Technically it was suppose to be a two person room, but every roommate Lazr had left almost every time. For some reason they got so depressed from seeing Lazr and living with him is like living with a life draining specter. Lazr wasn't offended nor cared either way. He is however quite amused to hear that last phrase. Life draining specter fits him so well. He was simply content with his situation. Emotions are such a fickle thing. They lead to so much pain, but... also happiness. With this thought Lazr thought about his flowers. He wonders if they are doing well. They seemed quite sick yesterday, so he gave them a bit more life. It was all he can offer. Water is too important to squander and he was told that solar energy have much more important uses than maintaining a small garden. Another reason why he hated the Academy. Lazr finally finishes and leaves his room, not bothering to lock the door. Who would steal from him anyway. Most people think its cursed.

The first thing he did before going to class is check his garden. The flowers he worried over is just fine. He breathes a sigh of relief. He looks at their flowing life, dancing throughout the leaves, the stem, and the petals. A truly beautiful sight. The life of most things are so dull. Rigid structures only had a hard glow. The Academy itself is much worse. It's life is so still and yet so very sporadic. There is no sense in the place. Lazr blames it on the proximity to so many specials.

Normal human beings have a gentle flow of life. It is simple and organic. Full of smooth colors and variety. Specials however are extremely chaotic. It is as if you grabbed a human and gave it a spin, but also decided to throw some more extra colors in there for good measure. The special identity truly lives up to it's name for Lazr has never seen something so different from normal flows of life than a special.

He often wonders what his own life looks like. Its not like he can look at himself. He can feel it, but seeing it is another issue. Mirrors are pointless. He can see the life flowing through the mirrors but its not like the mirrors truly reflect life. This fact however also shows that Lazr doesn't know what he looks like. He can touch himself all he wants and imagine, but it is a futile attempt.

Lazr finally reaches class and sits in his customary spot in the corner. People chatted amiably without even noticing his approach. They spoke of husks ruining the gymnasium. How very odd. Husks usually don't reach that close to the city center. Lazr then noticed the lack of teachers. How very strange. I hope nothing is going on. Hopefully the teachers can handle any problems that pops up. With that thought he begins looking at his textbook, a jumbled mess of light. He can faintly make out words but there are no solid lines and they sometimes blur with each other. He sighs. Learning can be so difficult only being able to see life. He then begins unraveling a tiny hole in his barrier. He feels a sharp sustaining pain flow through him, but he is used to it by now. The words on the page suddenly grew sharper and more defined. Learning can be so painful.

Last edited:
WEWT! and AcCEPTED ! You hold Spot #2 in posting order.

We will start the rp on the rp thread I make as soon as we get just ONE MORE PERSON!!!~ EE ^.^

Also Lazr is Cool! Sorta funny too he's the opposite of my charrie. who is like a star running around on the planet LOL.

This sounds pretty interesting, gonna join in.

Charrie Name: Liex Ruiz

Appearence: Has brown skin tone and closely cropped hair. His eyes are a dark brown and his hair is black. He has a scar going down the left side of his face and a tattoo of a serpent coiling along his forearm. Stands at 5'11".

Personality: Is a calm, cool, and collected person. Prefers to blend into a crowd than to draw attention to himself. Also only speaks up if he needs to, otherwise he's content to just watch everything with an analytical eye. Is also a bit of a... cold person, he'd sooner let someone die than to risk his own life. Living in such a harsh environment instilled that way of thinking into his mind, and it has been the main thing that's kept him alive so long.

Abilities: Can take the suns rays and focus them into a burning beam which can cut through practically anything. He can also focus the energy to run through this blades, making them burn whatever they cut into. However, he can only use this ability when in the sun. When out of it, he stores a portion of energy within him, but once those reserves are burned up he can no longer use it.

Weapons: Two kukris that are strapped to his hips.

Liex sat at a stool in a rundown bar, he held a glass and swirled it's contents as he stared down at the counter, occasionally sipping at it's contents. The bartender stepped close to him and cleared his throat loudly, "Say, Liex, isn't it about time you went home? I can already see the sun rising and you've been here all night and morning."

Liex spared him a glance and snorted, "There isn't much of a point in me going home, there's no one there. Besides, you're great company, guy." He said with a small smirk. The bartender only snorted in response and went back to cleaning a few glasses. A silence pressed down on the empty little bar, that is, before a man stepped inside and paused at entrance. His gaze stopping on Liex and stepping to him, "Yo, Liex. Still here, huh?"

Liex sent the new comer a look before turning back to his glass, "Why are you here? I take it you have more work for me?" The man only grinned in response, "A guy can't come by and say hi to his best friend?"

Liex, again, sent him a dry look. "Alright alright, yeah I have some more work. Turns out some husks have gotten into the city and they're by the academy. The guys on top want you to go take care of them." Liex let out a small growl of frustration, "Just because I'm a Special doesn't mean they can freely push me around. Send some of the Guards."

The man grinned, but his eyes took on a sharp edge, "It's because you're a Special they can push you around, you fool. Now get to it before anymore people get hurt." Liex growled again and made to put down some money for his tab, but the man stopped him. "No no, I'll pay for you, least I can do for someone who might be dying today." He said with a laugh.

Liex snorted and made his way out, shielding his eyes from the sun and making his way to the academy. 'Today is going to suck. I can already feel it.' He thought to himself with a groan.

Finished my character sheet. Hmmm dang. I'm so bad at sleeping.

Nice post Zeraj! sticking to my acceptance for yah ^.^

And for Pylonius, if we could just get your intro post we can go ahead and start the rp thread ^.^

The crickets are making such a fine tune. Perhaps they will draw in more people?

Gah sorry about the hold up. Was a bit busy over the weekend. Gonna post the intro now

I know right i thought we'd at least have gotten One more by now... -hopes my ideas aren't horrible-

And pylonius its cool ^.^

Bah this idea was just fine, we'll get more eventually I bet. And thanks!

Hmm, may I join? I have an interesting character that thinks it may contribute nicely ;)

I'm pretty sure you can still join. Go ahead and make the character.