Work keeps the demons away {p.}

• Thread starter ᎵꂅᏒ꒝Ꭹ. (sick)
  • Start date

ᎵꂅᏒ꒝Ꭹ. (sick)

Original poster
Gentle hands wrapped around the iron fence that protected civilians from falling into the little lake. Taking in a deep breath, Ella tried to release the recent stress she'd built up. With the recent death of her grand father, this modern-day college students life became miserable. He was her everything growing up. The two had such a strong bond, an understanding due to the abilities passed down to Ella. Her grandfather was the stepping stones to helping her get use to seeing Ayakashi. He was the same man who filled the void of her lacking father-figure. So, with him passing into the after-life, Ella had began to slack in school, and avoid socializing with her friends. In the midst of this grieving moment though; Ayakashi became a comfort for her. They were the reason, after all, why Ella became so close with her grandfather!
Amber hues gazed down at the lake, watching as ripples in the water were form. She'd gaze into the waters for some time, continuing to loath on the past. The delight she felt with her grand father, all those memories seemed to fog her mind, always keeping her in such a dazed state. Her body seemed to freeze during these moments, the surroundings seemingly vanishing. However, the more she stared into the lake, it became a growing concern for one student who'd been observing her. That student waved her hand in Ella's face, drawing Ella out from her thoughts. "You okay girl?" Ella seemed dumbfounded by the girls question, cocking her head to the side a little. "Hmm...yea...yea..." Sighing softly, Ella turned her back to the water, and began to walk away from the student, rudely leaving the student there.
She wanted to get home now. There usually was an Ayakashi hanging around the side of her apartment complex. She'd go and feed the Ayakashi, it being the only delight in her life at the moment. And so, she sought after the Ayakashi, seeing it on the side of the apartment complex, in an alley way. Making her way over, Ella squatted down, beginning to feed the creature while rambling on. "Man, as the days pass, it just gets harder to cope with the loss of grandpa. It's supposed to be getting better, but it isn't for me." Her voice was laced with misery, clearly deflated with the loss of her grandfather.....

(I figured the other part of the fox mask her grandfather would have left for her in his will)

Long silvery white hair flows behind the female who had come to pay her respects. None could see her and those who could would only see half of a broken porcelain mask with gold markings, covering part of her face while the other part seemed to be an abyss of black. She wore a kimono in black with purple accents and soon took her leave from the man who became a good friend but owed her a great debt.

This figure in a fox mask would find her way to an apartment building where the granddaughter lived. She found her kneeling in front of an ayakashi in an alleyway, giving the little one food. The little ayakashi felt the overwhelming power of the figure in a fox mask and ran off leaving the girl and food behind. "Satoshi's granddaughter." She says looking down at the girl.

The energy from this creature over-whelmed the little entity, scaring it off. However, due to Ella being in her own world, grieving the loss of someone so special. It took her a second to realize the Ayakashi was no longer there, and there was an entity at her side, respectably addressing her. Looking up at the woman, she would stand up, backing up a bit. "Y....Yes?"

How was someone supposed to react in this woman. The woman seemed from another world, the black abyss tempting the young woman while the cracked porcelain masked intrigued her.

She'd clear her throat, shaking her head a bit. "Sorry for my ill manners. Yes, that is me! Why? Uhm, who exactly are you anyways, and how do you know who I am?" That seemed more appropriate to ask come to think of it.

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* arias. *:·゚✧*:·゚✧

The fox woman looked at her. "I see. He never told you. Your grandfather owed me a rather large debt. He said he would pay it back and if not his precious granddaughter would be my bride." She explains to the girl. "He has caused quite a bit of trouble over the years in the ayakashi realm. Trouble which I had to clean up. Not to mention he asked me to save you from death when you lost your parents. Even as a high level ayakashi such as myself bringing back the near dead is a high price to pay." The fox woman explained.

"As truth of what I say, you should hold the other half of my mask which was given when I saved your life." She tells the girl taking off the half mask revealing piercing silver eyes and a narrow face and beautiful features as the black void covering the other half fades away. The woman had nine tails and two fluffy ears atop her head matching her hair. "Ella. You have no choice." She says.

With swift movements she reaches out and grabs her face the movement fast yet almost slow motion for the fox seemed to float in the dashing forward position. As she reached her face and their lips meet. In that moment the wind started to blow ever so gently and sakura blossoms floated around very uncharacteristically for the summer months. The sound of Suzu bells at the pace of a steps. They were no longer in the human realm. Instead a beautiful garden next to a tall castle like tower.

"I am Setsuna, the fox god of the eastern domain. And this is my in Tenjin-ya." She explains to the young woman.

Taking in the new information; it would take some time for a response. Did her grandfather really offer her up as a way to pay his debt? If so. Her view on him might shift a bit. In this state of shock, the fox's explanation went in one ear and out the other. Her reaction delayed with the fox's swift motions. Their lips met, a sweet kiss, but Ella still wasn't responding to anything.

It took the sound of bells to realize her surroundings. Eyes wandered, looking at the unfamiliar setting before turning to Setsuna. Catching up at a rather slow rate, only now would she respond to all this news. "I refuse. I can't be someone's slave just because of a debt I had no control over. even if it was my grand father, i refuse to be the one to take the burden of someone else's payments they owe. I have nothing to do with what happened between you and my old man." her tone was desperate, eyes pleading for freedom. "is there some other way to pay out this debt, besides being bound to you?"

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* arias. *:·゚✧*:·゚✧

"You misunderstand me, child. Your life belongs to me. It has ever since that day. Even if it was not your request, I did bring you back to the world of the living. All these years you have lived your life free to do as you wished because of me. Your grandfather could not pay for the life I have given to you. So now you must pay the debut for your life. That debut will be repaid, no matter the cost. I could take your life but it would not repay for all those years you lived freely. You have to pay that much off and then I shall kill you. That is one option. Option number two is to live your life but as my wife or working for me until you die. If you pick the first one the work will not be so kind to you. It will be miserable working yourself to death. Were as the second had a bit more freedom. It would be like ordinary life work to live and do as you wish once you've finished for the day. However you will not be leaving this world." Setsuna explains firmly. She has given the girl her options and which ever she chooses will be so.

The woman was serious and there was no amount of pleading, desperation, pity or refusal that will allow her to get out of this. Once the fox has made up her mind on topics as serious as this there was no changing it. "If you try to run an ayakashi will most likely skin you alive, eat you or sell you as a slave to another to do as he wishes." She tells the girl.

Tears threatened to fall - ella was pleading and this woman showed no mercy. It was a hard fact to come to terms with, but ella did. However, this would not sway her choice. If she had to work for this woman 'till the end. She would. As long as it meant not having to be here, with her. She could work and still live her human life!

Gritting her teeth for a second, a spiteful look formed on her features. "I think I'd rather work for you than have to live in this miserable place for the rest of my life. I can work for you and have a good life. You watch. It can happen!" She raised her finger, pointing at the woman as she spoke.

"I have already told you. You will not be leaving to return to your home. This is now your home. You can not go home unless I take you back. Which I will not do. You belong to me. I am simply a nicer Mistress and I am willing to let you do the things you want in your spare time." Setsuna explains taking a step towards the girl.

"I am a fox and tend to hide things that are precious or valuable to me. In this case, it's you." The fox says with a sly smile before grabbing the hand that this girl had the audacity to point at her. Setsuna then drags her along inside.

However it was not much longer then that when a yukiona makes their way to her. "Mistress you have returned. The Great Tengu had arrived moments ago. He wished to have drinks with you when you had the time." She explains to Setsuna. The fox gives a nod to the snow woman. "Thank you Yuki. I'll see to it I visit my old friend when given the chance. I need to find Shin. I have a task for that white snake. Have you seen him?" She asks Yuki.

Yuki though a moment. "I saw him heading to your office even though I told him you were out." She explains. Setsuna nods and thanks her before heading out still bragging Ella along even if she fought against her.

Through her desperation, she was met with merciless eyes. A sly smile from the snake who's taken her entire future away. A deep burn started in Ella's chest, then made her body turn into a literal fire ball. She felt like she was burning from the inside out, and it was because of anger. A deep rooted anger that was going to develop for this woman.

"To hell with you. I refuse to be your wife, I rather work as a slave than be forced to love a monster like you!"

It was irony, honestly.

And as Ella continued to be dragged along, like some child. She couldn't help but tug, attempting to fight back. Her attempts were met with failure due to being so weak, but her drive kept her from giving up. She would continue to fight, and is.

Screenshot_20191229-134619_Chrome.jpg
The Inn form the outside.

Setsuna gave her a curious look. "No one said anything about loving me. And calling me a monster is rude don't you think. I'd appreciate I'd you actually got to know be before jumping to things." She says as she begun to climbed the stairs. After what seemed like seven flights of stairs the fox opens the door to the top floor her living quarters along with office.

Sitting by her desk was a Male dressed in white. His hair was short and white including his eyelashes. His eyes were a pink color like an albino. "Oh Shin there you are. I have a new task for you. This one is to be watched. She's quite the fighter." The fox explains tossing the girl into the floor.

Shin looked up with a sly smile of his own. "Welcome back Mistress. This must be the human I've heard you were going to retrieve. She smells delectable." He says. Setsuna thought for a moment before a devious smile plays her lips. "Once she has paid me back you may eat her if I do not take her as my bride. She's under your charge have her scrub toilets or sexually pleasure guest who see that. I do not care. She has rather pissed me off. Just make sure she's back here by each night.: Setsuna explains.

"Very well Mistress." Shin says as a serpent's tongue flickered out of his mouth.

Carelessly thrown on the ground, the small woman let out a groan from the impact. Her clear dissatisfaction with this was obvious - her eyes lingered with rage. And she did not hide this, furrowing her eyebrows fiercely at the fox as she spoke to the other. "To hell with you. You bring me here, and can't even take care of me yourself! You expect me to do anything for you. I refuse! Especially sexually pleasing people. I'm a virgin, and refuse to be deflowered by horny scumbags. I refuse to do things that are unnecessary. " Ella did not hold back, using vulgar language to get her point across.

"I didn't ask to be saved by you. Sometimes you shouldn't expect things in return, and just be good at heart. But no, you are a bitch, aren't you! GO AHEAD and kill me now! It will be better than wasting my time being here, doing worthless choirs that don't actually get me anywhere! Or make me thing better of you! Asshat!" She continued on, giving the other two no room to talk.

Setsuna was now clearly pissed off. She reaches down smacking the girl hard across the face. "You will do as I say or worse things will come to you. I am not a bitch. Bring someone back from the dead is not just some good deed. It would have been different if perhaps you were already alive. But that is not the case. You were dead. Bring someone back to life is a high price to pay. Your simply being greedy. You would not be here if your grandfather had paid me back. A greedy little bitch who can't just do something simple. I have given you the opportunity to sit back and enjoy your life with luxuries you could only ever dream of. But no. You want to be a whiny little bitch who only cares about herself not thinking about other people for a second. Your to busy thinking about yourself to even consider how much of an inconvenience you are being to me right now. I have a business to run and can not baby sit someone. If you were better behaved I could have just taken. But no, you have to be difficult. You do choirs because like everyone else here you'll pull your weight. You are only thinking of yourself. Your not even bothering to consider your old man." She yells at the girl.

The fox reaches down smacking her hard across the face again. "This is why I hate humans. They are even more selfish and greedy then the Ayakashi. Should have let you die. But I didn't want to watch an old friend spend the rest of his life depressed and drunk." She says with her arms crossed "Is your selfishness so much that you can't see how happy your grandfather was watching you grow up?"

Gin simply chuckles watching his Mistress temper running thin with this human. He watched as Setsuna left. The snake spirit kneeled down to the girl. "Mistress isn't all that bad. Believe it or not she cares for you. But I don't expect you to understand a debt with the cosmos is not something easily forgiven. If it was something as simple as giving money or food she could do so without having someone pay her back." he says softly "Now there is no need to yell at me. I am only trying to help. Also, Mistress wouldn't let you whore yourself. The only one you'll ever sleep with is her and she is not the sort to force that. She doesnt usually force people to do what they do want unless she has to."

The snake stood up. "You know. It's not that bad here. I wish you'd at least stop being angry long enough to actually see the beauty Tenjin-ya has to offer. Not only Tenjin-ya is beautiful but the whole Ayakashi realm." He holds out his hand to her pulling her over to the balcony. "Just look." He explaind.

Before them was the beautifully vivid world. Everything seemed to glow in the night like some sort of fantasy movie. Creatures big and small flew through the air or walked along the streets of the city below. Everything was breathtaking.

Listening to Setsuna's argument did not sway the woman. Everything about this was ridiculous. Her grand father wouldn't have wanted this for his own grandchild. He would've wanted her to live in a world she wanted to live with, and achieve her goals. Now though, she was chained to an unfamiliar realm, and forced into a position where she had to worship some woman who saved her life far long ago.

It was completely ridiculous.

Watching the fox leave, Ella flipped her off before turning to the snake. Easing up a bit, she allowed the man to help her up. Leaded out to see the other world, if it wasn't for the situation she was in. She'd let her jaw drop, take in the beauty, and allow her eyes to light up with wonder. However, she simply turned to the snake, growling slightly. "It looks like jail to me."

Sorry. I'm no longer intrested in this rp. I have given you plenty to work with and you give me crap in return. Not to mention your character is ridiculously hard to work with and I do not like it. She pisses me off so much I quite frankly want to kill her off and that would do nothing for our story. So I am calling it done. Perhaps another time.))

Oh my. The vulgar words were not needed, but thank you.