Work Horror's/Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threatened to be shot by an invisible shotgun (no, really) if I did not give someone a free sandwich.
I work at McDonald's. I got a death threat because of coffee. The end.
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Touch of Insanity
The worse part? She was too stupid to open her window all the way and spilled the coffee on herself and blamed it on me.

There was also the guy who started stalking me, and for about two weeks after he tried to 'get my number and have me over to his place' I had to be walked home by either someone on staff or get picked up by a friend or my boyfriend. That was fun.

Also been sent in to clean up the men's bathroom, only to find shit everywhere.

This list could go on for days.

Reactions: Brovo
We had this one patient, who was very aggressive and would threaten the others. She'd also scare them by singing "boom boom pow," and "burn down the house!" All the time. She ran away once because she thought the house was going to catch on fire... Actually made it something like a 3-4 hour drive away in 8 hours... She was really foul, too. She would throw up in the sinks that had mesh over the drains and leave it... And get poop all over the showers and toilet... And she would wet herself and sit in various places...... And we'd have to clean it up.

We had another girl who turned everything into being something sexual. Like, even someone passing something to her, she interpreted something sexual from. She wrote things about me in her journal we found, and was asking people if I was into girls... Oh, and right before we found this out, she attempted to kill herself several times in front of staff, to the point we had to restrain and call the cops... Oh, yes, and she was convinced my supervisor was a serial rapist.

Another guy, he was very insecure and always trying to intimidate and threaten staff. He was a big guy. Over 6ft, over 200 lbs. He'd get a leer on his face, puff himself even bigger and loom over your and tell you about how he wouks attack his family.

Another guy, he would make sexual comments to all the women staff. And make violent comments to others. He managed to make hugs, that he would force on people, very threatening and awkward. He had the cops called on him when he tried to attack someone at the center.

Another guy, he was in the process of getting a gun and bullets and had a list of employees he was going to gun down, and where they lived, cuz his meds were wrong. His neighbour called it in just in time.

Another guy, he was severely diabetic and wouldn't watch what he ate or whatnot. He nearly died 4 times in a week's time before we could find a more appropriate living arrangement for him.

Another woman, she was very symptomatic and wildly express her delusions in a rather aggressive way, usually religious ones involving god being their dad, her dad raping her, her sister ruining her curly hair to be straight so she'd go to hell and not heaven, being marries to the dad of the little house on the prairie... Oh, and when I had to drive her to BHU 2 hours away, she kept nearly making me crash for half the drive, wailing we were going to die cuz god said so while grabbing and shaking and kicking my seat.

Another woman, she might actually have Dissociative Identity Disorder... Which is practically a myth akin to jackelopes in the mental health community... She goes through numerous posture, vocal and expressive changes flawlessly in a matter of a minute. So far we have met her guardian angel, god, the devil and some random guy. She also expresses when her voices leave her, sometimes, they are off having sex with other women. Did I mention she is into me and has asked me on a date?...

Enough of mental health... Back when I was a nurse...

The workplace was a mess. We had to do both the kitchen's and the housekeeping's jobs. Workplace abuse was common, both verbally and physically. I was once with another woman on shift, who dirtied the same toilet i cleaned twice. And belittled me and called me names and more. When i told her i wasnt going to clean a clean toilet a third time, she took a picture of a toilet one resident tore up every night and sent it to the boss saying i was refusing to do my job. When i walked off the job that night, she was screaming insults to my back the whole time.

There was a fellow who would piss his briefs, all over the floor, in various placea of the building, etc. when we would try to help him change, he would get explosively violent and hit us. He was also always going up and grabbing and hitting on the staff if he was not calling them fat and ugly.

My favorite woman there hates most of the staff. With good reason, they were rough, mean, lazy and dumb. She told one of the teen workers she wished she had a pet monkey so she could train it to throw poo at her.

We had a hoarder.

We had several people that would make themselves fall.

We had several dementia patients who were all over the place...

Its sad, but I think my least awful job was at the humane society, where i was just always cleaning, walking dogs, and cleaning up poop.

I got hired by a legal weed farm through a contractor, which drove me and a bunch of methheads up to a motel paid by said company to live in while we work. The van was far from street legal, the driver was heavily drunk and speeding on mountainous, cliff sided terrain with sharp turns, going 90 mph. Not even 3 days in the job a guy got fired and stole my laptop from the work-site, taking my shit and claiming it was his.

Later on I got hired by the actual farm as a full time techie since I was the only one there that understood how to turn on a computer, plug in wires and work a TV guide without the manual. I eventually went back home for two weeks to visit them, get the money my contractor owed me and then grab my shit so I could actually live in the rented basement I lived in of a fellow employee's mom's home. My drivers were the company's security, who were out from farm's owner's orders to do shady shit with a LOT of guns and paper bags. I didn't question it.

Time skip into the future... my rented home is an hour away from my workplace and one day I had to work a bit overtime in order to fix the security cameras. My one and only ride ditched me, and no one else but my bosses were around, they understood my situation and decided that it would be a good time for us all to drink. That night was actually rather well as I met a few good contacts there. At the time I was with the following; owner, who didn't pay any mind nor care for me and was talking with his own friends, which I didn't care about either. Boss 1, who was the main reason why I got the job, a good guy from Ukraine who gave everyone daily lessons about either air-plains, military technology or how to murder people properly (main joke is 'What do you do with the body?!') and who praised me a bit much... mainly because apparently I looked like his 14 year old son or some shit. and Finally, replacement boss, who was replacing Boss 1 because Boss 1 and owner didn't agree with a lot of things on how the business should be done, and because owner didn't understand shit about weed farming and fired his grower who was sponsored several times by weed faring tech companies for how well of a job he does.

In any case while drinking with the bosses, replacement does the following throughout the night in this order.
1) Hires 2 girls based off of their tits alone, and they wanted the job but the owner was not hiring.
2) After a nephew of the owner begged for a job, but was refused due to being a dumb ass, replacement walks out of the bar, over to nephew guy and starts threatening him, and when nephew's friends arrive in their car to help things escalate and a fight almost breaks out in which me and boss 1 handles the very drunk replacement and throw his ass into the van.
3) we finally reach the farm house, which is basically temporary housing that is next to the farm for the bosses, and replacement starts praising me, then threatening me to agree in getting a raise that I didn't really wanna have due to not being 'that guy' in front of the owner. Eventually I agreed and got leveled up to $13 per hour.
4) He told Owner to go fuck himself, then boss 1 that he's a great, shitty, perfect worker (wot?) and deserved better despite being Russian (Boss 1 was rather pissed about that comment.).
5) escaped the farmhouse and went next door to the owner's farm house, threatened the owner, threw rocks at said owner's farm house, fought the new security guy and the grower for a bit to continue yelling at the owner. Eventually the owner picked up his rifle and started firing at replacement, who in turn ran drunkenly into a fence made of nothing but chicken wide, got tangled in it while the owner continued firing anger and the grower and security guard were both trying to free him.
6) spent the rest of his night puking and sleeping with the farm's lamas because both me and boss I agreed that we were not going to baby a man twice my age, when I didn't act as dumb as him when drunk.

This alone is why I always accepted overtime then after whenever given the chance.

@Brovo. @Brovo. @Brovo.

My only real horror story was when I worked for fast food as a teenager and a co-worker thought it'd be funny to close the grill plate when my hand was still in it under the (fortunately correct) assumption I'd pull my hand out before it got all tasty and crispy on both sides. I've been so tempted to dump hot liquid grease on someone's face as a joke as I was that day.

I would've did that anyways! Or cussed them out!

It makes me very uncomfortable and there is nothing I can really do about it.
Actually you can. One of my mother's friends is a nurse and she's been hit on before. She just shuts them down and goes on about her way.

Now that I've got a few minutes I'll share some little ones from recent memory. Largely minority school in suburban/coastal Florida.

• Kid takes down flag, proceeds to use it for toilet paper cause his (single mother) told him it'd make him famous. Now he's barred from all ROTC programs and any clubs or events.
  • Six 8th graders doing bukkake to a girl in a closet. 'Cause she saw it once and it looked fun'. Middle schoolers.
  • Pregnant 13 year old.
  • Tampons stuck in creative places.
  • Toilet clogs with clothes. Student had been shitting himself daily at the same time. Flushed underwear down toilet. It backed up into my locker rooms. We found his name on the underwear. His parents aren't happy.
  • The boss who I stood up to cause he's a prick and was idolized by the county leadership resigned because he was taking guys he boosted (gave promotions/raises they didn't deserve it kept them out of losing their jobs) to hotels out of town for sex.
  • Kid gets a bloody nose. Proceeds to collect it all in his pencil bag without the teacher noticing. Spills it in a hallway. Looked like someone got shiv'd.
  • Mexican kids who don't flush toilet paper.
  • Student eats two whole pizzas he stole from a school event. Throws up not once, twice, or even three times. He threw up nine times while walking around campus hoping to avoid being seen?
  • Someone found feces in a library book. Week later again. Three more times over a two week period. Caught the kid by seeing who checked them out last. Did the librarian come up with that? No, a custodian did.
There's more. Always is. Always will be. And those are just part of my job.
They don't pay you enough for that shit! O___O My high school was never that crazy!

Compared to what everyone else posted, my shit is tame O_O

When I worked at Dollar General, one of the clothes racks outside had blown over and hit someone's car. Luckily the damage wasn't that bad and everything was solved quickly.

Then there was some middle-aged dude trying to hit on me. This was pretty much my reaction:

ElsaKnows_zps4b10dd6c.gif

This story didn't happen to me but I was a witness to it.

When I was a kid (in 5th or 6th grade I believe), my mother used to work at Wal-Mart in the clothing section and she would have to take me to work with her sometimes which was fun as hell for me XD

Anyways when we were getting ready to leave, I noticed that someone keyed the word Bitch on the hood of Mom's car which was a light blue Mercury Sable back then. I was like:

giphy.gif

My mother, being the peace-loving Christian that she was, didn't do a single thing unfortunately. Turns out the culprit was one of her supervisors. What happened was that she had contacted Mom while she was off and Wal-Mart has a policy that you can't discuss work while you're off. Mom basically told her off in her own special way and her car was keyed in retaliation. Karma definitely hit her ass hard though!

I would've did that anyways! Or cussed them out!
Picking a fight with a guy two heads taller, twice your weight, where there's practically no room to move around and shit is being either grilled or deep-fried everywhere?

Not a great idea.

Picking a fight with a guy two heads taller, twice your weight, where there's practically no room to move around and shit is being either grilled or deep-fried everywhere?

Not a great idea.
Well did you tell the supervisor at least? What if something actually happened to you?

Well did you tell the supervisor at least? What if something actually happened to you?
I did. Nothing of significance came from it. I was a teenager barely outta probation, he had accepted his dead end job years prior and had spent it kissing ass since. Unfair? Yeah, but not exactly rocket science.

Sometimes damage control is better than justice. I'm fine, I haven't worked fast-food for over a decade and I now earn more part time than he will working 12 hour shifts. It's nothing more than a story at this point.

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
I did. Nothing of significance came from it. I was a teenager barely outta probation, he had accepted his dead end job years prior and had spent it kissing ass since. Unfair? Yeah, but not exactly rocket science.

Sometimes damage control is better than justice. I'm fine, I haven't worked fast-food for over a decade and I now earn more part time than he will working 12 hour shifts. It's nothing more than a story at this point.
giphy.gif

Karma is a bitch isn't it? :D

They don't pay you enough for that shit! O___O My high school was never that crazy!
Middle school.

Also I get paid pretty decent all things considered. A few bucks over minimum wage plus a .75 cent shift differential for working until 11PM. That's not counting the huge benefits package I have that's for me and my wife, vision, health, dental, life, etc.
That and I literally sit around for 4 hours of my shift twiddling my thumbs/playing games/watching movies.

[spoili]The saddest part of this is that I'm the hardest worker there in terms of responsibilities and duties.[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
Toilet clogs with clothes. Student had been shitting himself daily at the same time. Flushed underwear down toilet. It backed up into my locker rooms. We found his name on the underwear. His parents aren't happy.
TaTdV.gif

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Windsong
I worked the night shift for the longest time in the NICU at the hospital. The only entrance for night shift was through the ER because they shut down all the rest of the doors after visiting hours were over. This was mostly to keep the homeless out, but also to funnel the emergency psychiatric patients TO the ER. The night shift ER functioned as the overnight psychiatric ward of the hospital.

So... you can imagine.

1) Craziest story was when I was walking from the LIT, BARRICADED, parking lot to the ER, a man jumped in front of me. He had a stop sign and pointed it at me, and told me if I didn't give him all my "hospital drugs" he would (do some violent and explicit things.) There was an emergency phone next to me. I just reached out, pulled it off its station, and told him the cops were coming. He didn't believe me, saying that the cops were on his side and even gave him that stop sign. Within a few seconds, the cops from the ER showed up, and he tried to attack them... they tased him down.

2) Had a guy jump out from the bushes as I was walking into the ER and he yelled after me to help him. I just walked quicker into the ER, because if he really needed help he could go to the ER... it was like seven feet from where he was. This is a state-funded hospital, they cannot legally turn him away (see EMTALA Act). I told the cops right inside the ER. They caught him. I was told later he had a gun.

3) I was getting a Mt. Dew out of the vending machine because it was 3AM and I was crashing, a lady wheels in there with her IV, looks at me, curses, and then rolls away. I paid no attention to it, and I grabbed my drink and left. She was right outside, she followed me down the hall. When I rounded the corner she started screaming "NURSE!" I am not a nurse. I thought her nurse was around as there were other people in the hall. She started screaming "NURSE" louder and louder. I turned around and she pointed at me and said: "I hope you get sick and die." Then she was like: "I need ten cents." I gave her ten cents.

4) I had a woman more-or-less tell me that I couldn't run tests on her baby because "God said that if someone else touched the baby that wasn't her, that the baby would be defiled forever" even though the OBGYN had already delivered her baby. She named her baby John Tha'Baptist (Last Name).

5) One of the fathers in Labor and Delivery apparently had a nasty urethra infection. When I walked in, he whipped his pants down and asked me if there was anything I could do. I was like: "uuhhhhh you need to see a doctor for that." He was like: "I'm in a hospital ain't you suppose tah take care of me." I had to explain to him that he was in the hospital because his wife was giving birth and to make an appoint with his PCP. And that he should DEFITINELY DO THAT RIGHT NOW. It was horrible. It was like staring into a Lovecraftian nightmare.

Surprisingly enough, these stories are pretty tame compared to most in the hospital.

EDIT: Actually there is one more. It had to do with a coworker. He was someone high-up's son, and so he got away with a lot of shit. It was really pathetic, actually. He did drugs at work. I notified my manager on more than one occasion, hoping for her to be able to get him a "random" drug screen. Anyway, he was ending his shift and me and another girl were picking up ours. He approached my coworker and asked her "not to suicide bomb him because he had children." She was Muslim. She was horrified and explained to him, quite simply, that that was not appropriate. She tried to explain to him about extremist ideas in religions, but he was like: whatever... and left. It took like a week, but I was able to convince her to file out an HR report. And he STILL didn't get fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Middle school.

Also I get paid pretty decent all things considered. A few bucks over minimum wage plus a .75 cent shift differential for working until 11PM. That's not counting the huge benefits package I have that's for me and my wife, vision, health, dental, life, etc.
That and I literally sit around for 4 hours of my shift twiddling my thumbs/playing games/watching movies.

[spoili]The saddest part of this is that I'm the hardest worker there in terms of responsibilities and duties.[/spoili]

My bad. :( Wait middle school kids act like that? O_O

My bad. :( Wait middle school kids act like that? O_O
It's basically like this.

We've got three grades. 6, 7, and 8th. 6th is still fresh from elementary, still kinda in that 'like helping cause it makes me happy'. 7th graders are split, some good some bad. 8th are generally rebellious and little shits doing what they can to defy for defiance sake.

It goes downhill from high school.

It's basically like this.

We've got three grades. 6, 7, and 8th. 6th is still fresh from elementary, still kinda in that 'like helping cause it makes me happy'. 7th graders are split, some good some bad. 8th are generally rebellious and little shits doing what they can to defy for defiance sake.

It goes downhill from high school.

Ohhhh I get it now! Damn you got your work cut out for you O.o At least your job isn't too stressful

Ohhhh I get it now! Damn you got your work cut out for you O.o At least your job isn't too stressful
The people I work with are the most common source in one way or another. Whether it's abusing the system, fraud on time sheets, superiors not handling it. That sorta shit.

The people I work with are the most common source in one way or another. Whether it's abusing the system, fraud on time sheets, superiors not handling it. That sorta shit.
tumblr_nmitzeXJJg1svdbymo1_400.gif

Damn dude that fucking blows :( A corrupt workspace? I'd go insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.