Word's Tree(Open for the first person to reply)

As Eve was walking the streets Noah came zipping up faster then a bat out of hell. "Ha too easy I broke myself out of that place. Then Yue caught me told her if she let me go I'd be out of her hair for the day." Said Noah walking into a bar with her. "Hey this ain't no place for kids!" Said the person at the door. "Piss of you frilly freak I ain't no kid. I'm just a midget is all and a full gown adult thank you." Said Noah and that shut the guy up fast. He grumbled and patted the kid down checking for any weapons. After that he walked off and Noah laughed. Looking around he said, "I haven't seen this many freaks since the last convention I been too..."

Eve paid Noah no mind, the kid seemed insistent to be wherever she seemed to be, and so long as she could keep an eye on him since Yue had other things to do, she supposed she could do that much for Malik at the least. The boy being waved by the poor excuse for a guard really drove it home how laid back and care free this planet was. If the boy wasn't patted down for weapons at the least Eve might have hoped for the worlds destruction for incompetence.

Still.. it was worlds like this that bred her favorite type of person. Opportunists and shady characters looking for a reason to go off the handle. Her crowd.

Eve would have sat at the bar, but as the kid was tagging along, she thought it best not to invite an opportunity for the child to get drunk before he was of age, regardless of him not being a human. How did she know? Because Eve was used to being the only human around.. and in the age of the fall of humanity, you learn to pick out aliens.

She invite Noah to sit in a booth, and kicked back as he made his little joke and she ordered the strongest drink the tender had. The winged male flitted over gracefully to bring her a drink, then gave a slight bow as he flew pass the booth behind her where a large mass of fur and stripes sat quietly enjoying a meal that looked about ready to crawl away, festering on his plate and some bits hopping off across the table.

He stood taller than most the inhabitants of the bar, and with more than three times the mass. Pure muscle, and with jet black fur striped in bright blue. He was calm, and even as Noah made his joke, he replied over a shoulder with a calm, "Well, little one, what would you expect in a vast universe of races and species alike. Surely you can't imagine everyone to look the same.. and if they did, where'd be the fun in that?" He quipped with a large fanged grin and an accent all his own, something dignified and elegant about his speech that was unexpected and caused Eve to stare. "I say, you're not of the elves and fairies yourself, are you? Surely you can't be human?"

"Sorry I don't give out personal information to strangers. And if you got a problem with humans you better be careful they never travel alone that much I do know." Said Noah.

"Smart for your age runt you know your stuff. Though you also forgot one thing we ain't pushovers like we were in the past." Said another man who sat behind them. In his hand he held a single silver dart that had a razor sharp tip to it. he then threw it where it whizzed across the room hitting the notice board even from such a far distance.

"Nice shot but do you always walk around with projectiles like that?" Asked Noah. "Well yeah in fact they're my weapon of choice. Being a mercenary you always make enemies so you can never be too careful." Said the man as he held out his hand and the dart actually came flying right back and ended up taking a paper with it.

"Not a problem with humans, but rather an explicit interest in them." The feline said, turning in his chair as the other male did his little trick with the dart. "And this gentleman here is the precise reason why i take an interest in the failing race of humanity. Even as they're the minority, they seem to find ways to be arrogant and self assured in anything they do. Even something a uncouth as being a sellsword."

Eve crossed her legs, and sat back. Opening her senses, she could smell the tranquilizer in the darts, powerful, not human made.. and made for more than just your average beast and creature, the man was packing.. why the guard hadn't patted him down for weapons was something she cared not to investigate. The merc had apparently earned his place however and when she looked at him with her dangerous eyes she could see he had a similar look. So he really was a fellow mercenary. Of all the places to run into one... but how good was he?

"A good merc is trained in more than just weapons, you know." She arched a brow. "How good's that body of yours?"

The man just sighed and was fast to catch several things flying his way when two people broke out into a fight across the bar and started throwing shit. Setting the flung table and chair down he walked over and grabbed the two morons and banged their heads together before tossing them to the floor saying, "Sober up and act like normal people you end up hurting someone your asses will be celled more then likely.

He turned and was half way back over when the two men tried to jump him."Hey now that's pretty low!" Said Noah frowning. Though both men were thrown out of the bar finally and through the window of all things. "Joey what did I tell you about causing collateral damages!" Yelled a sharp female voice. "Oh hey there Yue." Said Noah waving seeing the princess and her guard actually there as she had been the one to yell at the man for breaking the window.

"The names Joseph don't call me Joey I can't stand that pet name." Said the male mercenary glaring. "Look you might be keeping the scum off our planet and all but if you keep breaking stuff it's coming out of any money you earn." Said Yue walking up. "I don't follow the rules when I'm jumped Princess. Anything and everything is fair game then." Said Joseph taking a seat.

Yue rolled her eyes and walked up to Eve and Noah saying, "You two I got news about Malik. I'll thought I'd let you know he's still alive." "You just came here to tell us that? I know he's alive I can't explain it but I still feel his presence even though he's not here." Said Noah smiling.

Eve and the tiger watched the goings on with some manner of intrigue, exchanging glances and were JUST about to join in when the doors to the bar opened. The Tiger immediately took his seat and returned to a book he was reading, but Eve just groaned at how common interruptions were on this planet.

The Mention of Malik piqued her interest however, and she let out a small sigh of relief. Though glared off to the side and folded her arms over her chest. "Like I was worried. Where's the little runt now?"

"Show some respect Eve as Malik is actually risking his neck to help my planet and people. He's not a runt and I'm sure he doesn't like being called such. Anyways he didn't have time to give me much info. He actually is pulling the double agent deal except he's pretending to be on their side against us. They knew of his track record and trusted him fairly easily. He only managed to pull away for five minutes to tell me he was still alive. So it could be a while before we see him again..." Said Yue. "He's going to be fine Yue. I know Malik and he's a hell of a fighter. So don't worry he'll come back soon and probably with a bang too." Said Noah with a grin.

Even scoffed and glared at Yue. "He can do whatever he wants. See if I care, just so long as he doesn't die." She said, then moved toward the exit.

The feline stole a glance of Eve from over his shoulder, then looked to Yue in question. "Quite the guest you have, miss Yue. If I might be so bold." He said with the upmost respect. "Though why is her boyfr---" The tiger was cut off by a chair striking him across the side of the head from across the room.

Eve growled slightly. "finish that sentence and I'll make you into a damned fur-coat."

The feline growled slightly, but lowered his gaze apologetically.

Calming herself, Eve looked to Yue. "anyway..what're we supposed to do while we wait then?"

"Hit the road do whatever you please. You were hunting him from what he told me but with my power he'll have a clean slate again so your pretty much out of a bounty." Said Yue shaking her head. Joseph suddenly busted out laughing loudly as he said, "She lost a bounty that's gotta be the saddest thing I ever heard. I haven't lost one in nearly fifty years." "Like we care you show off!" Said Yue shutting Joseph up fast. "Fine then just who is this so called guy you all been talking about? He's gotta be a real looker if he's got two women." Said Joseph with a grin. The response he got to that was a chair smashed into his face when a couple more drunks got into a fight. Yue huffed and marched out after that.

Eve paused to think about that for a moment. She supposed she was free then after Malik got back and Yue worked her magic. She really would have no reason to stick around..

She guessed she should have been happy. Perhaps a little annoyed a the waste of money hunting him down and just how easily he'd seemed to get out of it. If only she'd done more research.. telekinesis was kind of important to defend against... but just the same nearly impossible without the proper precautions.

Look for more work? Possible.. it wasn't as if there wasn't a huge number of other things and bad guys in the universe for her to take down. But..then why did the thought of it make her feel so down all of a sudden. Maybe it was an attachment to the little guy and the boy? Ridiculous.. they'd only been together a grand total of a few hours.. it was stupid to think a good enough impression could be made in such a short time.

then what was it?

This bothered her to the point she hardly noticed the mans quip about Malik having two women after him. The fury was there, but the wonder is what stayed her hand. It pissed her off.
Maybe she didn't have a reason.. and THAT pissed her off more. She'd heard tell of people existing who simply had that kind of pull on people. Creatures and people so charismatic that they lured people to follow them. Maybe Malik was one such a person? Somehow maybe she'd been caught under that spell of leadership even Malik wasn't aware of.

She had to find out.

She wasn't going to leave Malik's side until she found out just what the hell it was that kept her from up and leaving. Even if it meant finding this World's Tree he and Noah were so obsessed with.

As yue left in a huff, Eve seemed a lot calmer and collected than she had all night. Crossing her arms over her chest and nodding toward noah. "Come on Kid. Let's get you back to the palace. I'm tired of this place and hte people in it."

Yue stopped seeing Eve and Noah catch up to her. "Anyways free lodging at my place and YOU boy pull a stunt like you did earlier again you'll be stuck in a cell for the night for sure." Said Yue. "Yeah yeah... hey but it was all Jack's idea anyways." Said Noah marching ahead. Yue's second in command glared as he said, "Don't you frame me!! I tried to stop you from pulling that stunt yet you got me in trouble!"

"Pfft don't pretend you didn't like what you saw. Or you fricken gay or something?" Asked Noah with a grin. "That's enough you two and Noah he's actually engaged so unless he wants his fiance to find out what he did he best shut up." Said Yue. Jack clamped it shut after that and Yue sighed. "Honestly whose the real child out of you two...."

Eve didn't bother take part in the conversation, arguing with a child was foolish, and with Malik gone Eve had to see what she could do to remain useful to the ship. Namely, she needed a weapon. And more than that.. she needed to find information on this..Worlds Tree.

"Princess, Is is safe to assume you have a library someplace in that palace of yours?" She asked after she was putting the man and Noah in their place.

"Ha you're trying to find out if what we're looking for really does exist aren't ya Eve? You're wasting your time because it does either way you won't find anything in musty old books aside from something called Yggdrasil which really is a cheesy myth. Me and Malik have been down this path many times and books are useless." Said Noah.

"Malik told me about your guys little trip to find this database. I'm starting to wonder... According to him he said you boy have led him to many good clues which makes him believe you can sense it. And yes Eve we have a library but it's more of a database then anything book related." Said Yue looking to the woman.

Eve smirked. "You both underestimate me. Mind you Hunting things down is something of a talent of mine. If it's not in a single book, then perhaps it's in several. Like Stream of Block Cipher used to keep information away from even the more advanced minds. Not that I'm doubting either of you, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to let someone else have a crack at looking rather than to assume you guys are incapable of missing something that's intentionally hidden."

Noah just shrugged and said, "Suit yourself Eve." They entered into the palace gates after that Yue led Eve to the palace database and saw quite a few people already in there working on the computers. "I promised Malik I'd use my resources and power to search while he was gone." Said Yue smiling. "Alright people has anything popped up as of yet?" Asked Yue as she got the people's attention.

"Nothing as of yet your highness though we are picking up some encrypted data and our translator refuses to decrypt it." Said one of her men. "Let me see I can read just about every universal language you there." Said Noah as he walked over. The man moved aside and Noah just read in silence. "Well what's it say boy you're making me curious." Said Yue as she stood over Noah.

"It speaks of nothing of interest what we need. It's more or less just words of history of some planet." Said Noah. "Amazing and you can tell that just by reading computer data?" Asked Jack with a raised eyebrow. "I can't explain why I know the things I do... When Malik found and saved me I was stranded on a planet and nearly sold on the slave market at the time. I have no memories of who I am either. All I know is I have a few talents like reading nearly every language out there and I can sense something that feels familiar. The thing I sense is always on the move though thus I believe I'm possibly tied to this tree Malik is trying to find..." Said Noah softly. "You really are something boy..." Said Yue softly as she rubbed the kid's head.

Eve took the back seat and relaxed while the boy did his thing. There was apparently nothing for her to do or even a way to keep active aside from banking on the information of the child. As the boy seemed to know so much abotu the tree and yet had no clue of it's whereabouts, she saw no point. They'd just wait for Malik to return and she'd take a nap or perhaps go hunt down the feline she'd seen at the bar.

"Well We've done all we can do I guess. I'm gonna go find a place to get some rest." Eve said before turning and taking her leave of the archives for now. Maybe she'd return at a later hour and see about a few things, but now her interest was gone and she needed rest.