2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
What phrases, sayings or mantras mean something to you. Maybe there's one that you live your life by or perhaps just one that amuses you a lot.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
My mom's jokingly said before that my motto is "go big or go home", and thing is...while it's not my motto persay, it describes me pretty well XD I like to make the most out of everything, do/make things in excess just in case, and just tend to do things BIG. Also "you can't be too careful" (more like you can't be too prepared, honestly), "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me", and "being brave is doing the thing even when you're terrified" (I don't remember the exact quote sadly but that's a decent paraphrase). I'm sure there are more, but my brain is slow right now.

I like living by the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I also like this saying of my mom, "Forgive but don't forget."

After hardship comes ease is probably my favorite. It's so true and so hard to see sometimes, but I've yet to find an exception to this rule!

"Never let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life." I live by this rule on the daily. Wish I could remember who I'd heard it from.

My grandfather apparently lives by the words: 'Good food won't hurt you, bad food will keep you poor' or something around those lines. What he means with it is that we shouldn't be too stingy with spending our money (on food) and take care of ourselves while also enjoying what we have (mostly in the context of food).

my appetite comes from somewhere

Then from my own childhood I was always told to put my heart and part of my soul in everything I do. If I can't do that it is a sure-fail.

I do my best to keep two things in mind (sometimes it's hard):
"Be pitiful [merciful], for every man is fighting a hard battle."
"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't."

I think that it's important to be mindful of a shared humanity and these things remind me to step outside myself and be mindful of the people that I interact with.

I do my best to keep two things in mind (sometimes it's hard):
"Be pitiful [merciful], for every man is fighting a hard battle."
"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't."

I think that it's important to be mindful of a shared humanity and these things remind me to step outside myself and be mindful of the people that I interact with.
In the same tone, my dad always says "Hurting people hurt people", and I try to keep that in mind when dealing with others.

Grumpy is grumpying up my thread, clearly I have made it and this is the pinnacle of my life's achievements :confetti:

anyway, I have a personal fondness for "Don't take life to seriously, no one gets out alive" and "Always keep in mind the possibility that you are dead wrong".

always mug a guy doing jazz hands

• Haha
  • Useful
Reactions: Draugvan and Applo
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
I've always said my motto was "Never trust anyone ever." But lately I've been thinking about something my mom says - about how I always seem to do everything the hard way. So, I guess this would be my words to live by:

Do it the hard way the first time, so you know if it's worth doing it right the next.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia and Applo
If it happens once, it never happened.
If it happens twice, start to make changes.
If it happens three times, the buck stops there.

My mother says the word 'shenanigans' a few times every day. The context sometimes changes, but ultimately this word represents finding joy in life's little adventures.

Ultimately, I'd like to get shenanigans tattooed in her handwriting somewhere on my arm, as a permanent reminder of her and the joy I can find.