Word Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, guys, it's pretty late and I'm planning to hit the hay soon. Still, I wanted to share a song with you all, however,... this is just... so amazing.
Music Night with Headphones presents: something that may not entirely be a song

Flaming June! :D

Personally I think that 18 is the age at which you should be considered a grown ass adult and be expected to make decisions for yourself. I don't want to have to wait until I'm a third of the way into my life before I get to make my own damn decisions. You have to be pushed out into the world at some point. If you use inexperience as an excuse to not consider someone an adult then no one will ever be an adult because they won't gain the proper experience because they aren't out there making their own choices. 18 is a perfectly fine age. Yes you are not as smart or experienced as you will be in a couple of years, but when in a persons life is that not the case? When will you not be constantly learning? Never, you never stop learning as a human being. At 18 your body is for the most part done developing, so why should you not be responsible for yourself when that happens? What is the point of living longer and longer lives if we shorten the part of that which is our adult life by expanding the part that is our childhood.

If you say that just because they don't know how to be an adult that they can't function as adults then you are sort of right, but how do you teach them to be adults? You have them start to make their own decisions. Most parents will treat their kids like children until they move out of the house, and people move out once they become legally allowed to make their own decisions. Its all learning. That is what the human experience is, its learning and growing and adapting. If you aren't allowed to learn for yourself what is the point of living?

Last edited:
I'd enjoy childhood while it lasts. Adulthood isn't all it might be cracked up to be.

Anyway, since Phones is sharing music, I believe I will, too. This is a song that I've personally been addicted to lately. X3

Alright. Whatever. Just saying that at 18 people should be able to take care of themselves and make their own decisions. 18 is a good number for that. Gives you enough time to enjoy all the freedoms that adulthood brings. Also lets you start learning how to be an adult soon enough that you know what you are doing in a decade or so. I mean, if you made it so that you became and adult at 21 all you would do is postpone learning to be an adult.

Alright. Whatever. Just saying that at 18 people should be able to take care of themselves and make their own decisions. 18 is a good number for that. Gives you enough time to enjoy all the freedoms that adulthood brings. Also lets you start learning how to be an adult soon enough that you know what you are doing in a decade or so. I mean, if you made it so that you became and adult at 21 all you would do is postpone learning to be an adult.
Well, might as well bring the age down to twelve and get it over with, amirite bruh?

That's true. The opportunity of actually leaving and such at 18 isn't as freely available to all though. I understand if you mean being able to freely explore the world, but as far as dependencies go, not everyone is as privileged. I'm 19 and I still live with my parents, mostly because I come from a very poor family and I'm a full-time college student (thanks to a scholarship I received in the 10th grade). Not only that, but my family is largely dependent on what I do to support the family (watching my younger brothers so that they can work). I'm not saying anything against anything your saying. Just offering a little perspective is all. X3

That's true. The opportunity of actually leaving and such at 18 isn't as freely available to all though. I understand if you mean being able to freely explore the world, but as far as dependencies go, not everyone is as privileged. I'm 19 and I still live with my parents, mostly because I come from a very poor family and I'm a full-time college student (thanks to a scholarship I received in the 10th grade). Not only that, but my family is largely dependent on what I do to support the family (watching my younger brothers so that they can work). I'm not saying anything against anything your saying. Just offering a little perspective is all. X3
But you can CHOOSE to go and leave. It might not be the best choice, but you can make that decision. I can decide to not pay bills and to get into massive debt with the mob. Not a very good choice, but I can choose to do it. My point is that you are free to fuck up, and those mistakes teach and shape you.

Well, might as well bring the age down to twelve and get it over with, amirite bruh?
No. At 12 your body isn't fully developed. You can't physically take care of yourself. At 18 you are physically capable of going out and taking care of yourself and thus should be able to start making your own decisions.

No. At 12 your body isn't fully developed. You can't physically take care of yourself. At 18 you are physically capable of going out and taking care of yourself and thus should be able to start making your own decisions.
I believe that there's quite a difference between being fully grown in the mental and physically way. If I look at myself only, I see how much I'm still busy becoming an adult at 19 while I'm quite capable of looking after myself. But looking around at the people I know, it really differs per person. Some live on their own and have a job at 17, others live with their parents and study untill they're 25, living off the goverment's financial aid. It just differs...

But well, we are allowed to vote here at 18 and the problem here is that not many bother to do so, since things are fine the way they are or it simply doesn't interest people around my age.... But that's a whole different problem and our entire political system is different from yours, so I'll just back out here x3

Reactions: Aois
Yay for government aid! :D

Have I missed any updates in the RP?

The problem is when people don't think change is attainable they don't try, we're cultivating a generation of cynics.

Vac-Cat post: 1895268 said:
I do not believe so. I am currently cleaning, so a post may appear afterwards :)
Forgive me if this is a rude thing to say, but perhaps you should run it by Phones first? I believe she was planning on making a post for all of our characters to move along the plot after Sparks/Aza posted, but seeing how Blue doesn't have her notebook yet, it could be fine to make another post (I'm obviously not sure, but I thought I'd point it out before you put a lot of effort in a post that turns out to be unnecessary :'D)

• Thank You
Reactions: Ner0
That's a good point.~

Forgive me if this is a rude thing to say, but perhaps you should run it by Phones first? I believe she was planning on making a post for all of our characters to move along the plot after Sparks/Aza posted, but seeing how Blue doesn't have her notebook yet, it could be fine to make another post (I'm obviously not sure, but I thought I'd point it out before you put a lot of effort in a post that turns out to be unnecessary :'D)
Do not worry, me and phones have already spoken I still have a post to make before my character does anything plot wise.

Reactions: AlidaMaria
Do not worry, me and phones have already spoken I still have a post to make before my character does anything plot wise.
Awesome, glad to hear that! ^_^ I really liked your first post, it's build up in a good way and it's pleasant to read, so I'll be looking forward to the next one.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ner0
Status
Not open for further replies.