Wonderland

Rocky frowned as Leda walked in, her stomach growling. 'Haven't you eaten yet?' The concern crept into his voice and his expression as he took hold of her shoulders and looked deeply and carefully at her face. 'Leda, you need to eat. you're stressed and in shock I know, but you need to eat. You're no good to us if you don't keep up your strength.' He steered her to the table adn forced her down into one of the chairs. 'If you try to get up or refuse to eat this, I will tie you to the chair and force feed you.' He warned as he set a bowl of oatmeal in front of her. 'i didn't think you'd be able to stomach meat, so eat this instead.' He said, sitting beside her in case she tried to push it away.

Leda looked up at him with a bashful expression on her face and was about to protest, to say she as fine when she was pushed into the chair, the bowl placed infront of her. she shook her head and closed her lips, folding her arms. She didn't want to eat, she could keep up her strength with drinking juice. She would be fine. Ledashia was stubborn and she shook her head and looked down at her lap. Just ignoring the presence of the food at all. She just .... Didn't want to eat anything the thought of food made her want to vomit, and the sight of it made her feel even worse "no." She said before clamping her lips and teeth shut more

Rocky shot her an annoyed glare. 'Ledashia. You are hungry. You need to eat. Don't think I won't go through with my threat.' He warned, grabbing her spoon and scooping up a small amount of the oatmeal on the end, holding to her. 'Your reputation as the mature one in this group is about to go down the drain here sweetheart.' He warned, giving her the chance to take the spoon herself before he force fed her. 'This is a medieval place, I'm sure I can find some kind of torture device designed to keep your mouth open.' He said, only half joking.

Ledashia had no intention of giving in, although usually mature she was stubborn as a mule as well. She didn't doubt him one bit, she knew rocky well but she didn't want to throw up in front of them, she didn't care about her reputation at the moment, which also wouldn't be benifited if she started throwing up in front if them all. It was Rokys last threat that got to her, she was sure he could and with Liz, Alice, Kyle and the others he would have no problem keeping her there. She took the spoon and ate it slowly, feeling more and more sick as she did. She clutched her stomach afterwards and Kyle walked in, clad in his new outfit and said "morning," Leda opened her mouth to reply but promptly closed it and stood, running to the sink and spilling all of what she just ate into the sink. "Do I look that bad?" Kyle asked

Elizabeth covered her hand over her mouth and promptly plugged her nose as a snort of laughter came out. Under control again, yet grinning widely, she shook her head at Kyle. "No, you look fine. Well, except for that drool in the corner of your mouth of course, but that can be washed off." She said airily, waving her hand as if it were no big deal. Remembering her 'sister's' predicament, she called over her shoulder, "Leda, you okay, sweetie?"

Kanin looked down into his hands as they lay still in his lap. "I want to help my mom look after my sister. More than I used to, I mean. Both of us were -are- alway so busy that she was normally ignored or treated like a doll that only needed the basics. I know how she feels, so really want to help but it's always so hard with school, projects, assignments, trips, etcetera. So, if we live, I want to pay more attention to her before I go away to college. Then, I don't know when though, I want to try to go through an entire day without being in a rush for something." He laughed then, trying to imagine himself as relaxed and sleeping all day, doing useless things that didn't have a point.

Alice bit her lip again. There was so much more to him than anyone really knew, and it intrigued her to know this. 'How old is she. Your sister I mean?' She asked, adjusting the skirt that had ridden up past her knee. She now fixed it so it sat comfortably, hanging back over her knee again. At his mention of a day without rushing about everywhere she laughed. 'You mean a day like mine then? Hey maybe you and I could hang out, i could teach you how to chillax.' She teased, nudging him with her shoulder. She wished they weren't trapped in this place. It occurred to her that if they weren't then maybe things wouldn't feel so difficult. But then again, if they were just at school or at home, they wouldn't have a reason to really be near each other. Sighing she pulled back a little. 'You know, I'm probably crowding you. I don't mean to.' She said in an apologetic tone, starting to stand.

~
Rocky stared wide eyed at Leda, concerned for his friend. Perhaps it had been wrong of him to force her to eat, but she had to look after herself, he knew that much. He stood, walking over to her, rubbing her back gently. 'You alright Leda?' He asked, moving his hand in long strokes up and down her spine to soothe. 'Is there anything you need? Water, tea, painkillers?' He asked, kind of out of his depth. His mother was the nurturing one of his family. he was the one that stood by and watched while his siblings were sick and threatened them that if they gave it to him he'd string them up by their hair.

"Six years old. Her name is Kallie." Kanin smiled softly to himself, realising that it felt like forever since he had last seen her three days ago. Somtimes he went longer though, not even noticing how much time had gone by, always thinking to himself that it would be fine and that he could see her whenever he got back. That wasn't the case now. He might never go back. Locking up the guilt from entering his voice, he continued. "She's very grown up sometimes, even if she does get half the stuff from copying me, and the other half from television." Kanin grinned as Alice went on about how she could teach him to chillax. The English teacher was always patronising her classes on words like that, so he guessed that those were the classes she slept in most often. When she stood, he quickly followed suite. "No, no, it's okay. It was nice talking to you without half a dozen other people breathing down our necks." He smiled and opened the door for her to go out first. He hadn't really wanted to end the conversation but assumed she was probably getting bored of him anyway and, besides, he had wanted to check out the Library.

Alice smiled at him. 'She sounds cute in any case. I'm sure you're a great big brother.' She touched his shoulder gently, freezing up a moment before ducking her head to hide the slight blush on her cheeks. 'Well, I'll.. uh.. see you around.' She said, turning away and walking off, confused and bewildered. Maybe she was too forward? She probably was crowding him, she thought with a sigh, turning a corner and leaning against the wall with another sigh, sinking into a sitting postion. Now what should she do with the rest of her day?

Kanin watched after her for a moment longer before he closed the door softly behind himself while checking his watch at the same time. It was a bit past noon already so he had aproximately an hour or so before having to come back down again for lunch. He took off at a sprint down the corridor and past the one Alice was sitting down behind the corner of, not noticing her presence as he went. If he had paid proper attention when they had arrived yesterday, then there should be a large staircase up ahead with a small plaque next to it that read 'Library'. Sure enough, there it was. Not stopping, he ran straight up to the top until he reached two large mahogany doors, slipping through the already open one and into the hushed silence of books.

He hunted with grace and ease, creeping stealthily through the building's hidden passages. his prey was easy to track. The clumsy ones always were, he thought with some disgust. Now, to strike. He watched the maid as she bustled about the study, dusting off bookshelves that were mainly there for decoration purposes. He emerged from the shadows, grabbing her and stifling the scream with a hand. The kill was clean, precise. He left the blade stuck in her back, letting her slump to the floor.

Alice saw Kanin rush past and she started to stand. 'Kanin is something-' When he just kept going she was cut off and she sat back again, sighing. He was just off in his own world again she supposed. But the question was, what should she do? Normally she'd find a tree or something to sit in, but she doubted the creepy psycho would let her go outside for that purpose. 'Maybe I'll explore a little.' She said aloud, pushing up from the ground and following the direction Kanin went in. Instead of going up the stairs, she continued on until she reached a door. She pushed it open. From the bookshelves and ornate cherrywood desk she assumed it was the study. She walked in and her bare feet slipped on something warm. the carpet was thick with it. Looking down she couldn't stop the blood curdling scream that tore from her throat and echoed intensely through the entire house for all to hear.

Kanin's head snapped towards the door he had come just come through a few moments ago, causing the ladder he was standing on to nearly topple on top of him. He grabbed the book he had been browsing through, climbing down until he was only a few feet up, then jumped and landed on his feet with practised accuracy. The scream had been Alice's. It was way too close to be anyone from the kitchen and it would of been too far for any of them to of come up the stairs in so short a time. He raced out the Library doors and back down the steps two at a time, having to remind himself to be careful lest he brake his neck. He made a sharp right at the bottom of the steps. There was an open door up ahead with a shadow coming out that landed in the hallway. There was also a puddle of red. He refused! He refused, he refused, he refused to imagine the worst! "Alice!" he called loudly, right as he reached the open doorway.

Elizabeth looked up from Leda with wide eyes. "What the..." She pushed her seat back so she could stand and stare towards the direction of the scream for a second. Within the next she was hurrying towards it.

Alice heard Kanin's voice in the doorway and she turned too look at him, eyes wide and slight tears in her eyes. 'Kanin.. I.. she was there and..'She couldn't think of any words to describe it as she looked back at the young brunette's body layed out on the floor, eyes glassy and dead, surrounded by her own blood. The bottom of Alice's dress was soaked in the crimson liquid, her feet stained with it too. She wasn't quite sure how she was meant to react in this situation. Normally she'd barely batt an eyelid, but now she understood where Leda was coming from. They were trapped in a building with a psychotic lunatic. She looked back to Kanin, walking towards him a little and then she just stopped. 'He's going to kill us..' She whispered, her voice shakey. 'We're going to die.'

Ledashia stopped throwing up into the sink making a face and went to turn around, to address rocky, liz and kyle but started to fall, so she grabbed Rocky's arm to keep herself upright. Her stomach turned and her legs were numb, unusable. "I think I'm okay. . . Ish What I need-no what we need is to get out of here" she said in a weak tone, which was very unlike Leda. She always had a rich sounding voice that carried across the room. She shook her head and tried to suppor herself on the bench again, she felt so weak, helpless. She hated it. Rocky was being so caring ... It was unlike him, had they all switched personalities? She laughed to herself was a stupid thing to think. The scream startled her and she let go of anything she was holding and began to fall to the floor

Kanin immediately closed the space between them, enveloping her in a tight embrace. "We are not going to die," he said firmly into her ear. "We are going to find a way out, no matter what happens." He gently turned her around so that her back was facing the room, slowly rubbing her back as he spoke. "First, I'm going to take you downstairs so that you can sit with Leda and Lizzy and drink some warm water, while Kyle, Rocky and I clean up. Then we are all going to sit down and stratagize before Tea Time. For now though, let's go wash up."

Alice wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face into his shoulder as she closed her eyes to block out the sight of the study. 'I want a shower, and new clothes.. Actually.. i might need a scourer.' She looked up and flashed him a playful smile. 'Want to help?' She asked, teasing him lightly, her colour slowly returning. She was trying hard to remain in control of her feelings. 'I'm kidding.. though.. would you wait in my room? I just.. I don't want to be alone.. please..' She pleaded, her dark brown eyes wide and frightened.

Rocky caught Leda as she fell, helping her up. 'You need to sit and relax. There's no reason for you to overstress like this. I'm sure-' The scream cut him off. 'Oh shit.. I hope everything is alright.' He helped her to the chair. 'Stay here, I'll go check it out okay?' He instructed, a hand lingering lightly on her shoulder. 'Whatever you do, don't move from here. Liz, stay with her?' He asked the other girl before going out of the room to find Alice and Kanin. Elizabeth was hovering nearby. 'What happened?' He asked, and then saw the blood. 'Shit.... are you hurt?' He asked Alice. Before she could answer he saw the body. 'F*ck! I left Leda by herself!'

Leda nodded and said "be careful" to rocky, before he left the room. She pulled are legs t he chest and sort if rocked there, waiting for everyone to get back, Kyle had hurried after the scream with rocky an Liz had bolted as well. She felt nervous and looked around, she was more vulnerable than the rest .... She couldn't walk, she didn't know what it is. She just hugged her knees to her chest and tried to convince herself that whatever was wrong with her was purely mental, there was nothing wrong with her physically. There was no way she could be sick anyway, she hasn't rated anything the others didn't, and that wa the only way she could be sick right? I mean here nothin had happened, she had cut herself once but it wasn't infected, it was healing nicely.

Elizabeth went straight back downstairs without a word as soon as she saw what had happened, passing Rocky who asked her to stay with Leda. Re-entering, she smiled weakly at her friend, deciding that she wouldn't be the best person to tell her that there had been another accident. "Hey, I was thinking, Leda. Remember those tarts I used to make in girlscouts?" She didn't wait for a reply. "Well, I was thinking about making some with some strawberry jam in the center for before, or during, the tea party later this evening. Didn't you like them whenever I made too many and dropped them off at everyone's house? Maybe that was Alice though... Anywho, would you care to help me make some?" She rattled on, trying to sound as normal as was possible in a kind of situation where people were dying left and right.

Kanin felt some color return to his cheeks and let out a tiny laugh. He watched with mild amusement at the dialogue Rocky seemed to be having with himself. "Kyle," he called out. "Whenever Rocky relaxes enough to notice that Alice and I have gone, could you please tell him that we went to wash up. Er. Her. She went to wash up. I'm only accompanying," he said quickly. He directed his attention back to Alice with a small smile. "Come on then, I won't leave you alone."

Rocky rushed back to Leda not long after Elizabeth, racing into the kitchen and breathing a sigh of relief when he saw that she was unharmed. 'Damn it i'm so sorry Leda, I shouldn't have left you alone.' He apologised, a pained expression on his face. He refrained from checking her over, not wanting to freak her out. 'Lets not leave this room until everyone is here and accounted for okay? I don't know what's going through this guy's head but I don't want to risk anything finding out.' He said, looking from Liz to Leda with a solemn expression on his face.

~
Alice smiled gratefully at Kanin, leading the way from the Study back to the corridor where their rooms were. She pushed open the door to her room and tried to ignore way her feet had become sticky with the blood. It was someone else's blood.. On her feet.. she could feel is drying as she turned back to see Kanin and gestured to the bed. 'uh.. You can.. sit there if you want.. i'm going to shower.' She said, walking into the bathroom and closing the door. She just leant against it for a moment, calming herself. Why was this happening to them? It wasn't fair. She sighed and slipped out of the dress, bundling it up and putting it in the garbage bin in the corner of the bathroom before stripping out of her undergarments and turning the taps on. She tested the water with her hand and stepped under the rushing water, glad that the shower system wasn't medieval at least. She washed the blood away, watching it turn the water reddish brown, grimacing. After scrubbing herself thoroughly she turned the taps off, stepped out and wrapped herself in a towel. It wasn't until after that she realised she'd forgotten her clothes. Letting out a sigh she inched the door open and slipped out, hoping Kanin wouldn't see her.

Leda looked up at Liz with a slight smile "it was me. If love to help, she saw rocky come in and smile "it's okay, Liz was here most of the time" she assured him and nodded "we should buddy up, when everyone's here. So everyone has someone to look out for and look out for them" she said, Level headed Leda coming back rather than ' saw a dead body and sat paralysed with it for about fifteen minutes' Leda. She kept her legs to her chest and said "I might have to help from here, Liz. I kinda can't move ...."she said looking down at her legs and saying "I'm trying to convince myself that it's not physical but I can't feel them" she said shaking her head.

Kyla supposed no one wanted to see the body and got on clean up, holding his breath and trying not to puke he dragged the body to where the other one was placed, way way down in the cellar. He hurried, was as fast as he could be and then he mopped and covered up the stain as best he could. He went up and changed into one if the outfits in his closet that were similar to the one he wore now. But free of blood. He walked to the kitchen, which seemed to be the meeting point now, he smelt normal, having scrubbed his hands and such for five minutes. He saw Leda rocky and Liz and waved to them all "Alice and Kanin are just cleaning up themselves" he said and then said to Liz "oh about that earlier statement, missy." He walked up to her and spun her, "oh yes, sorry about that, you in that outfit" he fake fanned his face and said "but you do look great in red" he winked.

Leda glared and said "less tryin to get some more worry?" She asked him, rolling her eyes

Kanin glanced up from where he sata bit awkwardly on the bed in Alice's room as he felt something like a breeze from the direction of the bathroom. What usually happened when the steam from in there sucked up all the nice cool air from the other rooms once the door was opened. "Are you done already?" he called, nervous at the silence from the other side of the room.

Liz felt herself go red and an open mouthed smile of disbelief light up her face at the twirl and comment, despite her efforts to keep both away. She turned in a half circle away from him in order to compose herself for a second before completing the entire three hundred-sixty degrees. Her head was bent down, eyes looking upward at him shyly, with a puppy dog pout on her lips. "Aww, come on, Kyle, that's not fair," she said childishly, hands behind her back as she twisted her waist from side to side. She took a step closer and smiled sweetly, batting her eyelashes up at him. "You look stunning in your outfit, sweetie. It suites you much better than mine does to me."