Wonderland Vandals (me and moll-E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Then let's get started," Beth was excited to try a new song.
There was no need to count off for this one, Grace just started playing her part, but when it came time for all the other instruments to come in Alix, of all people, played the wrong chord, but was instantly able to fix it.
After they finished going through it once Alix apologized, "I have no idea why, but I just put my fingers in the wrong spot."
"Don't worry about it," Grace said with a sweet smile.
"Yeah, let's just do it again," Beth had laughed a little when it happened.

"mistakes happen all the time i doubt even Ray himself played it perfectly every time," Lala assured her

"And he's arguably better than Frank," Caty added, "arguably."

"Let's try it again," Grace said right before starting the song again.

After they finished playing they all sat on the couch that was set up in back of the store for a smoke break. "So, we've started to have our own sound," Beth said, "What should we do next?"
"How about we start working on our own song," Alix suggested.
Grace looked over at her, "What about another cover?"
Alix shook her head, "The way you differentiate yourself from other bands is really in your own songs." She took a drag of her cigarette before continuing, "Besides you don't want to be a cover band, nobody ever remembers their name."
"On that note," Beth said, "what do you guys think of Wonderland Vandals for a name?"

"I think i have something like lyrics scribbled somewhere," Caty said with a small shrug, " And the name sounds good. "
"I like it! and we could dress up Beth as punk alice!" Lala said with a smile

"I'm not wearing an Alice outfit," Beth said, "I just thought it was a good name."
Grace smiled, "I like it."
"Of course you do," Alix said with a laugh, "You two are dating."

Lala made a pouty lip "but it'd be a coooooool Alice."
Caty gently tapped her on the head, "let the woman where what she wants."

"In terms of a song," Alix said, exasperatedly bringing them back to a more important subject, "Vomit Comet usually starts by figuring out the instrumentation."
"Works for me," Beth said, "Let me know when you're done."
Alix sighed, "You need to listen and help us figure shit out so that you know what you'll be singing."

"alright let's go!" Caty said getting up from the floor. Lala instinctively joined her.

Grace, Alix, and Beth followed behind them and got set up. "I have a possible bass part," Grace said before starting to play a melody.

Caty playfully stroked her guitar, and hummed along with it, "play it," she said with a grin

Lala sat at the drum set and tapped a steady beat on the kickdrum

Alix smiled and started playing chords that worked well with the bass part.

Caty sped up the pace of her play and brought each note out with more force. behind her Lala added more drums to created a more complicated rhythm to compliment the rest of the music.

Beth had a thought as she listened to them, "Hey, do you think we can start it off slow with like just guitar and vocals then do a fast song?"
Grace shrugged and looked around.
"I don't see why not," Alix said, "Could sound really cool."

Alix smiled after they finished, "We sound awesome." She looked around the room, "There's gonna be another show at the Vomit House next week do you guys want me to see if we can open it?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"I think we'll be ready by then," Caty with a wide smile
"yayayayayayayayyayayayayayayayayayayayayay....." Lala said jumping up and down
"shit she's gone into full hyper mode. everyone duck and cover."

Caty leaned against the bathroom stall and inhaled deeply. Her trig teacher had really gotten on her nerves last hour, and she needed to chill.

Grace was being harassed by a group of guys when Beth and Alix found her.
"Hello boys," Alix said with an evil grin on her face, "Would you like to keep your genitals?"
One of the guys noticed them, "You can't do shit."
"Wrong answer," Beth said as she hit him in the side of the head with a baseball bat, "Now fuck off."
"You're gonna pay for that, bitch," The guy yelled as he and his friends ran off.
Beth and Alix both flipped them off, "I'd like to see you fucking try something you fucking wannabe bad ass."

Lala ran down the hall, an unusual serious look on her face, "what happened?"

"Some assholes were giving Grace shit," Alix said.
Beth hugged Grace tightly, "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm alright," Grace said as she returned the hug, "but what's Alix doing here?"
Alix shrugged, "Heard you guys were sick, I'm here to pick you up. Where's Caty?"

"I dunno she wasn't in class. smoking somewhere probably," Lala said. just as the words escaped her lips a security guard passed by holding Caty by the arm.
"you really don't need to suspend me i've learned my lesson i promise. really suspending me will only give me more opportunities to smoke, and fornicate, and do all the things this educational institution is supposed to push me away from," She said quickly attempting to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.