Wonderland Vandals (me and moll-E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We could also practice here," Alix said with a laugh, "I mean we have space in the basement for just that reason."
"Both would be awesome," Beth replied, "I say we start at Gramps' place if he'll let us, because I'd rather not have an audience when we're just starting out."

"I'll ask him when i get in tomorrow, and let you know his answer," Caty said grinning

"he'll definitely say yes. he's the perfect spoiling grandpa," Lala said with a smile.

"Well," Alix laughed, "whatever happens, enjoy the afterparty. Feel free to crash here tonight."
The Exploited was blasting through the sound system. Nobody ever complained to the cops about the noise anymore because the last time that happened the entire neighborhood other than the Vomit House got some impromptu redecorating. There were still areas where people could talk, such as the kitchen and outside. Alix tended to stick to quieter areas when there wasn't live music, as did Grace. Beth generally liked the energy of the mosh pit that the living room became during afterparties, but this time decided to talk to Grace.
"So," Beth said, "this is a pretty great party." Beth made a mental note to slam her head into a wall for that line.
Grace nodded, "Yeah." She was a little distracted by trying to figure out if she should ask Beth out, "Hey, if you could date anybody here, who would it be?"
Beth laughed nervously, why was Grace asking that question, how should she answer, "I don't know, why?"
Grace shrugged, "No reason"

"Hey there kiddo I'll walk you home before you parents think we've kidnapped you," Catty said nudging Lala.
"What hey i'm not even wasted yet!" Lala complained
"Save if for when you have and excuse to not go home. come on it's already pretty late."
The two of them left together making quick farewells on their way out.

Beth sighed after they left, "So what about you?"
"What about me?" Grace took a sip of her beer.
"If you could date anybody here who would it be?"
Grace nearly spit out her beer, coughed a bit, and didn't even think about it when she said, "You. Shit shit shit why did I say that ou-"
She was interrupted by Beth started kissing her. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."
"I do," Alix said a little sloppily before lifting her bottle. "To our newest couple!"
Grace tried to pull her arm down, "Sto-"
"Cheers," The crowd said quickly before going back to what they were doing.
Alix laughed a little when she noticed that both of them were blushing, "Seriously, you guys are awesome, I just won a bet because of you." She thought about that for a moment then left while shouting, "Hey Charlie where's my money?"

Caty sighed and leaned against the padded gray wall of the practice room. A cigarette waited in her mouth for the lighter she had just flicked into life.
"No smoking in here caty you know that" Gramps called from down the hall.
"How can you telllllll?" Catty complained putting the objects away.
"Same way i can tell your friends are here," he replied, "lock up when your done."
"Aw you're leaving already goodbye grandpa," Lala said on her way down the hall.

Grace, Alix, and Beth all got there at the same time because Grace drove them with their equipment.
"Hey," Beth said tiredly as they started bringing their stuff into the practice space, "You missed an awesome party last night."
Alix laughed a little, "It was alright, you're just saying it was awesome because I won a bet."
Beth and Grace both started to blush heavily. "No, maybe, shut up," The words stumbled out of Beth's mouth while Grace tried to hid her face. "Anyway, we're here to practice, so let's focus on that."

"Oh no we have time we can talk for a bit," Catty teased with an evil glint in her eye.

"Yeah we have till whenever because gramps is letting you lock up , and my parents aren't expecting me back at any particular time, " Lala said. she was completely oblivious to the tension in the room.

Grace wished she had a pillow or something to hide her face.
"Well you see," Alix said teasingly, "I had made a bet with Charlie."
"We should do sound check," Beth said as she started to plug things in.
Alix smirked, "He said that two people would never admit their love for each other."
"Hey, Alix, where should I put your guitar."
"But I knew that they would," Alix said, "and last night-"
"Caty, is your guitar tuned?"
"They made out in front of everyone."

"Sounds fun, and yeah he's all tuned," Caty said casually
"WHAT??????" Lala shrieked staring at the two of them. "You mean you, and she... OH MY GOD A SHIP IT!"

Beth finally started blushing, "Can we please just start practicing?"
Alix sighed, "Fine, but you two had better figure this out sometime soon." She opened her guitar case, "Hello Princess, I've missed you."
Grace plucked each string on her bass, tuning it by ear, "All set."

Caty did a quick improve on her guitar to ensure it was infact ready to go, and looked to grace for farther direction.

Lala quickly set up her drum set. She said down poised to began, a small tremble from excitement in her hands.

"Alright," Beth said a she looked around, "Everybody ready? 1 2 3 4!"
Alix started her guitar part at the same time as Caty. When Lala's drums and Grace's bass came in the sound really filled out. When Beth started to sing it became obvious that even though they need to practice more they were fairly well synchronized.
Once they finished Beth drank some water, "So, should we try another song, or should we try this one again?"

"Maybe try this one again, so we don't have to find another song we all know," Caty said with a shrug

"And make it super awesome!" Lala added

"Alright," Beth said with a shrug.
Alix laughed a little, "We'll have to do other songs sometime."
"Then how about we do this one more time and pick another song," Beth suggested, "I've got a playlist with possible choices."

"Alright let's do it!" Lala said returning to her seet.

Caty returned to her guitar, and waited for them to begin.

Beth smiled and counted them off.
This time they were much more synchronized, they sounded professional. It probably helped that they all already knew how do play their instruments.

Each grew closer to the song, adding slight changes in style that farther flourished and fleshed out the song. As the played the girls could imagine a crowd of routy delinquents mashing before them.

When they finished the song Beth went to her backpack to pull out her iPod, "Alright, let me plug this in so we can check out some songs."

After they went through the playlist Grace shrugged, and said, "How about Give 'Em Hell Kid by My Chemical Romance?"
"You just like it because it starts with a bass guitar part," Alix said with a laugh.
Grace sighed, "So?"
"You make an excellent point, Grace," Alix said, "Let's try that one."

"Yess song is so good," Lala said practically prancing over to her drum sunset.
"Sounds good, i like Frank's playing," Caty said with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.