evening on thur , fri, and sat
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
dragon age series, asoiaf series, erotic, dark fantasy, high fantasy, suspense, adventure

Well, how about it? Wonder Woman, greatest female warrior of all time gets her own movie?! I say it's a given. In my opinion, Gal Gadot did an amazing job playing Wonder Woman and let's not forget, Chris Pine as Steve Trevor was amazing as well. I enjoyed the graphics and the dialogue, especially the dialogue. The interaction and chemistry between Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman were astounding and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my money than to go see Wonder Woman! Low and behold, THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

(And don't say I didn't warn ya.)

So, fans, what was your favorite scene in the movie? Tell me what you enjoyed!

Gal Gadot for me is on par with Susie Eisenberg for favourite depictions of Wonder Woman. Considering both Actors have made me actually like my least favourite DC superhero? I think that's saying something about their performance, in my opinion though. I'm hoping my other half wants to see it since she's a big Wonder Woman. I saw it for free with a friend, and it defo worth a watch lol. But seriously, i'm glad DC finally got a good movie in their DCU franchise of movies.

Ever since the first movie trailer came out about a year ago, I've been hyped. Not only because Wonder Woman is by far my favorite female superhero, maybe even superhero period, but because we can finally see a superheroine kick ass on her own and not be relegated as a side character. Don't get me wrong, I loved her role in Batman vs. Superman (despite how atrocious that movie was *cough*) but to see her OWN movie focusing on her in the theaters? I just about died. And the movie itself was just so well-made. I liked the balance of funny moments and serious, dramatic scenes. And I definitely enjoyed the chemistry between her and Steve Trevor. It didn't come out of nowhere, but at the same time she wasn't throwing herself all over him. I will say a part of me wished he hadn't died...

My favorite scene(s)? Hands down, when she finally went "screw it" and climbed up the trench in all her armor. I also liked the part where she realizes that war isn't something solely brought about by Ares. That there are no "good guys" and "bad guys" in wars. If you recall, that part is right after she calls the German general and is confused as to why people were still fighting. I just...man, that made happy.

Anyways, I digress. Apologies for the essay. Trust me, I kept it as short as I possibly could.

All of it. The whole movie was my absolute favorite, from the social commentary moments (racism and ptsd) down to the agony on Gal's face when she realizes Steve is dead, it was all very well down.

Was really good.

Only knew Gal Gadot from fanservice eye-candy scene in Fast 6 (and apparently she is a newer actor), so I wasn't sure what to expect, but she was impressive. It helps that she just seems to naturally have a strong presence! Always had a soft spot for Chris Pine too (and he and Gal were a great duo), so I hope he re-enters the franchise some way or another.

Direction was mostly excellent, ham-handed at parts, but its an empower-flick and I'm naturally cynical, so I can definitely forgive it, since it might just be personal taste talking.

Reactions: William Grim
My favourite scene in the movie was surprisingly the non-combat scenes (Although, the snowball effect when she approaches the trench is particularly astounding). The 'fish out of water' trope is played particularly well in Wonder Woman.

I saw it last week. It wasn't really my type of movie but it was good and it gives me hope for the rest of the DC movies that are forthcoming. WW was kind of the "last chance" movie for me. If this one wasn't good I wouldn't follow the newer ones.

There were some things I didn't like about the movie but it was strictly personal taste.

However semi-related, A+ Props to Wonder Woman for not having a stupid sex scene in it. Me & a friend have been binging Marvel TV shows lately and it seems like everything has to have some fucking in it. Frankly I don't think sex scenes add to any story honestly. So thank you Wonder Woman for leaving it out!!!!!

All I care about is the tank-lifting scene. That was wicked.

And the music.

I just saw the movie and I loved it. Favorite scene has to go to the no-man crossing and the line that no man has crossed. My immediate thought was " Well, it's a good thing that Diana is a woman." I also loved all the action and everything. Also, even the Ares wasn't clearly evident at first. I couldn't have bene the only one shocked that Ares was who he was. I mean, most movies give clues, but there weren't many if any in Wonder Woman and I loved it. Oh and Steve Trevor is high on my list to rp now. :)

I loved everything about this movie from the absolute bad ass moments to the comedy. The entire movie represents people who have long needed it. Fuck yeah. Going to watch it again soon. Ares was my favourite twist didn't see it coming but also not shocked about it. The moral of the story was by far the best too. :)

Wonder Woman was surprisingly quite good. I'm not a fan of DC's movies or the traditional Wonder Woman, so the fact that I enjoyed this movie so much surprised me. I knew from the moment it was mentioned that Ares was not going to be the German commander because that was way too straightforward, but I was enjoying myself enough to sit back and let them tell me who it actually was instead of trying to figure out who Ares actually was, which is a strong indicator that I thought it was a good movie. Steve and Diana made an adorable couple as well, which is always a plus for me. And they did it without too much sexual stuff.

It's probably the 2nd superhero movie where I was actually more interested in the plot of the film than the ass-kicking. Diana going into man's world, convinced that the Great War is the work of Ares, only to find out man's just naturally fucked up and Ares really didn't do all that much to keep the war going. Or how she thinks war is some glorious thing where it's the good guys vs. the bad guys and really war is perhaps the most ugly thing that can happen in every single way.

Also little Diana was adorable.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug