Women in the military

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we could SherLOCK
Animation_Holmes_Stressed_zpsc0d96e27.gif~original

Sadly, my RPG moderator powers don't translate to other sites. All I can do now is simply sit on the sidelines and shake my head.

Reactions: Rare and Flame
Okay guys this is going a little bit overboard. I think we had discussed what there is and what there was to be discussed. The question at hand "Women in the military" answer "Yes." now we can all stop fueling each other and calm down. He thinks they should not while the others think they should end of story, this is a perfect example of different opinions and as such we need to accept everyone's opinion. Forcing someone into submitting and taking up your opinion is rude... and it reminds me of something very stupid that humanity has already done but that's a topic for another time now, let's cease and desist and have admin lock this thread up. Alrighty?

Reactions: Flame
If they want to, why not? Call it extreme narrow minded but I don't even know why there should be any sort of discussion regarding that and anyone who claims womans should not be allowed to serve in the military in this current day and age are not capable of participating in a serious discussion anyways.

If they can fulfill the requirements that their specific military position demands of them, then yes. This goes for every potential soldier.

Okay guys this is going a little bit overboard. I think we had discussed what there is and what there was to be discussed. The question at hand "Women in the military" answer "Yes." now we can all stop fueling each other and calm down. He thinks they should not while the others think they should end of story, this is a perfect example of different opinions and as such we need to accept everyone's opinion. Forcing someone into submitting and taking up your opinion is rude... and it reminds me of something very stupid that humanity has already done but that's a topic for another time now, let's cease and desist and have admin lock this thread up. Alrighty?
I agree~

Reactions: LeVen
Would "this discussion is insane in 2015" be an acceptable reason?
Hmm, I'd say it's just bait for an argument. Why would OP ask such a question in this sort of community? Anywho, I think we've all said enough. Just let it drift away, or report it.

Nova; I think the rest of us are simply adding proper arguments and doing this in a generally intellectual manner. While one party is basicly saying all soldiers are prone to rape, will abandon their fellow man or woman and that we should deny females yet another right. There is abit more to it then Yes and No.

Would "this discussion is insane in 2015" be an acceptable reason?
Well, that's a decision for those who have moderating privileges in this forum to make.

Personally, I think it's more than valid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

None of you know what /thread means, do you? It means end thread. No more posts.

kflkgJ6.jpg

My work here is done.

Thread done.

tl;dr

YES, however...

I want women that can do the fucking job. A 5'1", 110 lbs. woman on the battlefield is not going to fireman carry a 6' 200 lb. guy with 40 lb. of gear out of a hotspot. I just... can't see it happening. Of course, you can argue that for a lot of other guys, but guess what? There are constant PT tests done to make sure they can pass physical requirements/minimums. Minimums not shared by women.

I think that's my biggest gripe. Women are not held to the same standards as men, while saying that they can keep up. I believe women should absolutely be in the military, and should be allowed in every available role our military offers, but I want to be assured that they can do their job. I hear too many anecdotes about a woman in the motorpool unable to lift a heavy piece of equipment by herself, or a woman unable to ruck with the rest of her squad, costing them an hour or more in time...

I dunno. I just want physical requirements to be identical across the board.

I want to add that I do believe that women are physically capable of anything a man can do. I just want them to be held accountable and prove that they can do it by crunching out the same numbers as a dude in their PT tests, instead of having their own special numbers to meet up.

Now, if they want to be a nurse or a doctor or an office worker or "OTHER..."... Well, IDGAF. Same with men. They can do super-bare-minimums for PTs. That shit needs to get handled either-way.

This isn't reddit or 4chan. Nobody care about your /thread. You do not hold any authority. So stop presuming you can wield any sort of power of a topic.

Reactions: Rare
You RPG guys have had it rough.

Feel free to cry out in the arms of mother Iwaku.
Men don't cry, they have involuntary releases of intensity in liquid form.
None of you know what /thread means, do you? It means end thread. No more posts.
Chill bro, thread is already in detenté. All you're gonna do is keep the thread spiral alive by telling people what to do and what to think and so on.

If you really want it dead, report your own first post and ask a moderator to close the thread.

USA, Sort of, yes.

Quarters separation is a very fucking valid. You MUST trust the person next to you with your life. Quarters separation creates a divide.

You think some male soldiers in the same warfront, hailing from different bases, wouldn't trust each other?
If you say they wouldn't, you're simply and utterly wrong.
If you say they can, then it should be no different when considering a male and female soldier trusting one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.