5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
I decided since I have learned so much history from a mix of musicals and tumblr and maass media, I decided to pose the question.

What have you learned from the internet or just media in general that they didn't teach you in school?

Things I have learned:

-Henry's sixth wife Catherine wrote books, poems and meditation, fought for women's education and had a female artist paint her picture.

- Hedy Lamarr, ( yes, the actresses) was also an inventor and was working with frequency hopping technology ( the precursor to wif).

Reactions: PoetLore
One of my favorites is the amazing Lise Meitner. She was an Austrian woman born to Jewish parents who fled Nazis, leaving behind a career as the first female professor of physics in Germany. In Sweden, she worked alongside her nephew and Otto Hahn via letters and through this work she proposed the idea of nuclear fission. Hahn alone received a Nobel Prize for the work, despite the bulk of the theory coming from Meitner but she was well-respected by Einstein and many other contemporary scientists and later an element, Meitnerium, was named after her.

Reactions: PoetLore
They found some bones on a deserted island that they suspect were Amelia Earhart... Personally I like to think she was abducted by aliens and went on crazy space adventures throughout the galaxy. But that's just me. >.>

Also, learned recently, the average American is a woman. It's 51% of the population who are female.