Wolves on the loose

Auctor looked up from his cooking as Felicitas said his name. She wants to see me in her den... did I do something wrong... no she wouldn't let me finish this... a mission maybe... I hope its a mission. For a second his confusion showed on his face be he quickly took it away. Letting emotion show was a weakness... and weakness would not help anyone. He still led himself by his emotions though, well, with the exception of anger. He did not like anger.

He quickly pored himself a cup and some of the others too. Tea was rare around here and was almost never available. He didn't say anything to them just sipped his own until he finished his share. He walked over to Marina's den and left the cup next to her door not sure if she was sleeping. Auctor looked around and could see everyone had their tea. I should get some for Felicitas. He quickly pored the last drops of the mint tea for her almost filling the cup and walked over to her den. He knocked on the wood waiting to see if she was ready for him.

Shadow gave up. He plopped himself over in the snow next to the stick still under the now scratched up ice. He watched as snow fell on his paws and sighed. Now what... I should have the food cooked before the adults come back... He didn't move for a couple of minutes trying to figure out what they did when they weren't in the den. He decided they might go fishing... but they would be horrible at fishing if that was the case, they never came home with fish... He got back up and continued to scratch at the ice getting the tip of it cleared. Shadow grabbed the stick with his teeth and started to pull it back, giving short growls trying to scare it out.

Marina let out a sigh but did as the Alpha requested and returned to her den. She gladly took the tea Auctor sat out for her , reminding herself to thank him later and got back into bed. She closed her eyes and tried to force herself to remember something. But nothing came. She shook her head in pain and frustration.
Why did this have to happen to her?

Felicitas called for him to come in from deep within her den. As he entered he would notice that she was lying I'm her bed of straw just staring at her hand. Slowly she looked up at him and gestured for him to come in. "Auctor. I think it's time I picked a beta. I have been contemplating this for a while and I decided that out of the whole pack, I trust you the most. I do not fear you disappointing me or betraying me. Do you accept this position?" Felicitas asked with authority. She had thought long and hard about this and he had to be the only logical choice. If he didn't accept she had to admit she would be a bit disappointed.

Auctor almost dropped the cup, it was the one thing he never saw coming, quickly he caught the cup before it spilled anything and hid his surprise. "I accept." It wasn't like him to turn down a mission and he didn't even think when he heard 'do you accept'. It was an automatic reaction. Quickly he thought it over trying to figure out if he really wanted to have this position. He didn't know and it really didn't mater because he already accepted it. "I brought you some tea, its not a full glass but its the last of it. You get the final taste of the tea." He said happily. He didn't know what he was supposed to do now that he was beta. He never looked into what a beta was figuring he would never be more than what he normally was. The only thing he knew about beta was they were supposed to be the most impressive next to the alpha and the alpha was to personally pick it him/herself. That was all he knew.

When her companion left she simply nodded, picking her dagger up. Sanguinem had cut off a piece of meat, thrown it into the fire and was now slowly chewing on it. She kind of wondered what would be going on by the other packs. If she wasn't mistaking she had smelled the scent of a rivaling wolf through the iron smell of blood. Slowly she ate more of the piece of meat, it tasted good on an empty stomach. After she was done she stretched, her tail flicking on the ground which had been cleared from snow. how long ha she been the alpha female of this pack now? Her blue eyes blankly stared up at the ever so grey sky. She wanted to go down there, have her way with the rivaling packs, maybe claim a little more territory. Yet she had to stay watch over the pack and such. It annoyed her really, but someone had to do it when the other was gone. She formed back to a complete wolf, wiggling herself out of the tank top. Others had to feed as well.

She walked away from it, hearing a few satisfied growls behind her and the sound of meat being ripped apart. There would be enough she hoped. Now she walked to only sit down again, looking over to the faint lights down below. She would protect those who had proven to be worthy enough, there was no place for cowards in this pack. However her opinion on that matter might be different than the one of her companion. The only thing she desired from her pack was not to get in her way when a fight occurred. Her head lowered, laying down in the snow and staring at the lights, they would meet soon enough.

Felicitas took the cup gratefully from Auctor. "Thank you Auctor, it was very kind of you to think of me. I know you will make a good beta. I was going to hold off on my decision of beta, but I feel the woods stirring. There is discord within the packs and if something were to happen to me I needed someone I could trust to take care of our family in my place." Felicitas took a small sip of the tea and smiled. "You make a wonderful cup of tea." She said offhandedly. "We need to move your den now. I would prefer you be closer to me. I also need your advice. You are aware that the packs are not exactly agreeing of course. I need to know what you think of beginning combat training?"

Auctor smiled and nodded as she complimented his tea and kept his smile as she said he should move his den closer. Then she asked him if they should start combat training. "Well, misted shadow isn't a problem... but as always Blood Scared is a threat... I think it would be good if we did some combat training." He said thoughtfully. He was still thinking but regardless he was done talking for now.

Ashta returned quickly and out of breath, she finally got a rest as she stepped foot onto her familiar Misted Shadow territory. Her sandy brown fur was riled up and still tense it pointed up and as she finally calmed herself, she transformed into her human form. Ashta's hair was no better then her fur was, it was tangled and wet from her dip and she fingered at it, cringing as she pulled on the harder knots.

Ashta disliked the fact that she ran away, it made her seem like a weakling. Just like the rest of her pack. But she didn't want to risk her weak feeble pack being found, well at least until she actually manage to coax the other adults into training. She was still taking some deep breaths but her mind went to Shadow and she looked for him.

Shadow felt it budge but lost his grip as he fell back. He yelped in surprise then rolled over and got up. This stick would not get the best of him. He was big and strong and brave, he could take on anything. A large amount of snow fell from a branch making a thud as it hits the ground. He instantly started to sprint away untill he was completely lost.

As he walk he let out short whimpers. He tail was down, and his ears were pointed back. He was jumpy now and because he was alone in the quiet forest he could hear the trees crecking. He looked around at the trees blowing in the wind, it was now dark and he felt hopelessly lost looking at the dark evil looking trees that he was sure were looking down on him waiting for the right time to strike. He started to walk backwards creeping away from the trees into an open field. He could smell the sent of a rival wolf but he could not tell who they were... He never was able to sperate the two scents as he hid away in the den for so long.

Dakota shot up from his laying position, smelling a rival wolf that might be coming to harm him. He growled slightly as the fur on his back begin to bristle like the spikes on a porcupine. Though this scent was oddly different, it was strong but not a scent of another adult wolf.....a pup? Why would they let a pup roam around in an open area near Blood Scared territory? this was an open space, it belonged to the earth and no wolf had claimed it. Dakota settled back down into the earth, letting his paws dig into the soft snow, if it was a pup, it would be useless around Blood Scared wolves. It would die out here, a pup didn't know how to get food or a proper den to sleep in. It might as well freeze to death. The more Dakota thought about this to himself, the more he didn't wish to leave the pup alone, getting up slowly and sniffing the air, he followed the chosen scent. He must be stupid for caring about a pup that was not his own strong race. But he had a soft spot for pups and he couldn't lay and relax near the pond knowing that a pup could be starving and dying without securities.

Dakota stopped once he found the bundle of fur. Quickly changing to his human form and auspiciously grabbed the pup by the scruff of the neck, lifting it up and examining it like something he had never seen before. His blue eyes wandering to find any scars of wounds. he felt like a human finding a lost kitten, had to take care of it. His fingers rubbed underneath the pups fur slowly to see if he felt any wounds. He couldn't, so he turned his wrist so the pup was facing him. "Are you lost?" of course the pup was lost, why would he be alone out here if he wasn't lost. Dakota sat down cross-legged, still never leaving his hands off the pup.

Shadow felt something grab him by the extra fur on his neck. He dangled above the ground, "Let me go!" He barked as he started to twist himself this way and that. He knew it wasn't one of his pack that had grabbed him. He felt the adrenaline kicking in and tried to kick and scratch but soon found that nothing would work. He hung from where he was whimpering softly as he was turned around and was staring straight into the blood scared alphas eyes. Instantly his body went limp in his grasp. To him the voice sounded evil, "Are you lost?" He figured he was being messed with now. A puppy in the woods alone near an enemy's territory... of course he was lost! He looked around quickly with the slightest hope that Ashta would be there to save him. No one... he was completely alone with the blood scared pack alpha. He couldn't find the courage to speak so he just nodded to answer the question. He had no hope for survival now.

Dakota nodded gently "I thought as much, you belong to Misted Shadow's am I correct?" he thought as much to that question. He had to bring the pup back home, knowing if he was found alone, his other pack members would surely kill the pup. It was his fault really, to be raising a pack to be so blood thirsty but they needed to be dangerous for protection. Dakota stood up and eyed the pup one more time "Well, lets get you home, your guardians must be worried sick cause your not there. I know I would be if my child was missing. I'll take you to your border, you can find your way back home from there." He held the pup in his arms as if it were a small child. Fumbling around with his shirt so the loose cloth covered the puppy. he felt as if he was doing the right thing. What would he be if he killed pups on the sly? His sister would not be pleased with him that's for sure.

Ashta found the uncooked deer near where she believed Shadow was supposed to be left. The deer had been rotting already and flies covered its raw meat. She would've thrown it out but the matter that was in her mind was that she couldn't find Shadow. Her demeanor slowly changed from calm to a frantic worrying.

"Shadow?" Ashta asked, peering into the cave which they slept in, it was the only place she hadn't checked yet and when she found it empty she decided to go search for him from a broader perspective.

Ashta transformed once again into her wolf form and smelled Shadow's scent towards the forest. She broke off into a dash hoping that he would be okay.

He was taking quite long. Way too long in her opinion. Sanguinem took a few steps towards the trees then turned around. The growling behind her was getting annoying as well. She turned very slowly, already catching the attention of some wolves who had been feasting on her prey, while others were still busy with gnawing on the meat. They growled, snapped at each other. It was very... very irritating. With slow steps she walked towards them, her tail high and a soft growl rumbling deep inside her chest. Not an reaction. "Back off." she mumbled, her ears fell back and now she did have their attention. Big eyes varying in color stared at her, carefully biting the meat again. Wrong move.... she lunged forward, snarling and growling like the wild beast she was. It echoed over the trees and should easily be heard to the end of their territory. Very soon a yelping sound mixed with it and she had the deer for herself again, drops of blood following behind the wolf who had been stupid enough to ignore her. She lay down, her paws over the animal, blue eyes giving warnings to those who wanted to come closer. That's just what you get for being annoying.... for once she had possibly been lucky the other alpha wasn't around, it gave her quite a bit of freedom to do as she pleased.

Shadow looked up a little confused and tried to tell if this man was friendly or not. This man held him nicely, he was confortable... but was it a trap... Would he be used for a trap... what if they were trying to get to Ashta! She was always able to find him, what of it was a trap and he was the bait. Since he couldn't fight very well... mostlikly not even able to hurt anyone he couldn't do anything now. He just stared at the blood scared alpha hoping to figure out what he was thinking. Shadow was very worried and confused. What could he be planning...

After a little while of walking he thought he could hear Ashta yelling for him. He looked in the dirrection of the voice but wasn't able to get down and he didnt want to put Ashta in danger so he just kept quite and stared in the direction of the voice. Shadow was very unsure of what would happen in the future... he just hoped he didn't mess anything up...

Dakota stopped slowly. Watching the pup and seeing how he reacted, yet he simply pet the little creature on the head and listened for more sounds as they came closer to the territory. That must be his mother, though she was pretty far away, Dakota wouldn't just drop off the pup when he needed to head home back to his territory. It was still chilly outside and he would stop as soon as they get close to the territory border. But he stopped even then and looked down at the pup in his arms, it might be considered an ambush if he went near the territory. It was true that he was feared around the forest, a level below the monsters that surrounded them. They would less likely not attack, but that would be invasion of privacy and that under certain circumstances was against his morals. This pup clearly wanted to go home, Dakota decided to take the boy all the way towards the border. But he would make conversation. "What's your name?" he asked gently.

"S-shadow." He said quietly. He looked around at the forest. He could feel himself getting closer to Ashta. He knew the alpha was bringing him near her... it must be a trap... or maybe we had something they wanted? A trade? Misted Shadow was renown for their secrecy and stealth... maybe they wanted them to spy. Shadow was very confused now but regardless he enjoyed the petting he received. The blood scared may be evil but this one, the alpha, he didn't seem so mean. Why did he make his pack so mean... could it be wasn't always the pack leader? This was confusing to him.

Shadow looked around quietly. He could feel each step that was taken, hear the wind howling though the trees, the air smelled unfamiliar just as the trees. It was dark... very dark and he couldn't make out anything around him. He had to just trust the one carrying him, even though it was one of the most feared wolves around. He was strange though, so evil, feared, strong... even though it would only take a flick of his wrist shadow would be killed... this man still help him... or, hopefully was helping him.

He found the courage to ask the man what his name was. "W-whats your name." Though he started by speaking quietly he ended up getting even quieter.

"Dakota" He said as calm as possible not wanting to make any sudden movements that could lead to him tripping or dropping the pup. Shadow, a cute name, different from his own. It held more mystery, though with the way he moved around he was nothing like a mystery, but he was a pup and it would take lessons and attention. Dakota could teach him a few things, but he been gone long enough and it wasn't right to train a pup that wasn't yours. Or so his mother had told him. He remembered everything that was said to him as a child. "Would you like to walk on your own? We are close to your home." He thought he would ask. To be polite or whatever the humans referred it too. And he wouldn't mind turning back to his wolf form, though he was more comfortable in both. He thought about his pack, his mate had fed them but he had felt so inclined to leave he didn't even get a bite and he was sure that his stomach would start to growl at any moment. He would get some fish or rabbit on his way home.

"Thank you Auctor your council is appreciated. Now I'd like for you to watch over the camp while I hunt for the rest of the camp." Felicitas stood slowly and painfully. "I may not be old, but this weather affects my shifts and my bones hurt from my shifts." She grimaced.

"I could go for you, if your not feeling up to it. Also I wouldn't go alone. Blood Scared has been active lately." He said a little worriedly. He knew she was a great fighter but... still, and he wasn't sure if the beta could talk out of line like this, directly contradicting the alpha wasn't something he would ever do... until now, just now... Auctor lowered his head in shame. He never had went against a direct order before. His alpha was smart and could handle things herself. He was almost positive that last question she asked him was just a test to see if he could handle things here.

Shadow nodded his head. He wanted to walk home, he knew where Ashta was, he knew where home was now... but the Alpha was different then what he expected... much different. He didn't even seem deadly anymore... but it could just be a trick. Questions and confusion swirled around his head. It was all so strange... so very strange... What was Dekota up to... or was he just being nice because his pack wasn't there?