Wolf Among Us Roleplay? OCs and Canons allowed~

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Rufiya, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I'm not sure if anybody here follows Telltale like I do but I've been thinking of starting a roleplay with the fables as the characters.

For those who don't know what Wolf Among Us, it's a video game (more like an interactive cinema to be more specific) series meant to be the prequel of the comic book series Fables. It follows as different modernized versions of different folklore characters as they go on with their (usually dramatic) lives.

For years, many of the magical and mystical lands described in myth, legend, and folklore (known colloquially as "the homelands") have been occupied by an enigmatic tyrant known only as the Adversary. To escape the Adversary's marauding armies and totalitarian regime many creatures and characters known as "fables" fled to the mundane world and created the enclave Fabletown in colonial America, now located in modern-day Manhattan. To mask their presence from the native humans (referred to as "mundies") all non-human fables have to purchase an enchantment known as a "glamour" which allows them to appear human, or be relocated to a rural community known as "The Farm".

These fables are the characters from what we know as fairy tales. The woodsman, the wolf (from red riding hood) Snow white, etc. They are hardly as poppy and happy as their stories entail. In fact if it wasn't for their immortality most would probably be dead due to constant arguments among themselves. Drama is constant as they all share entwined pasts and have different grudges. Some relationships we saw as children might get destroyed or maybe the big bad wolf falls in love with Red Riding hood. It really depends on how we want to shape and/or form it.

#1 Rufiya, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Sounds interesting... I might join in if it does happen o-o *starts formulating a character bio*

3. Aww awesome.

OCs and characters already introduced are allowed. The rp itself will take place before the events of the game.

I myself will probably roleplay Bigby and a OC.

If you have any questions I'm here. c:

4. Never have played it, but I love the idea. I'm up for it.

• Thank Thank x 1
  5. Ohai eternal. :0

Cool. You could probably do a quick google for more information if you'd need. ^^

6. Update: The RP will take place around the 1970s mostly within Fabletown grounds (as there is more liberty describing an imaginative precinct).

I have a general outline of a storyline; the rp will revolve around increasing conflict as different fables led by Maleficent want to show the mundies (humans) the true strength of the Fables and take over the rest of New York. The good guys will be the Fables who don't want to expose themselves to the world, fighting against the opposing bad fables. Both factions are open for joining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.