Without Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
October tucked her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear then the bell rung. October gathered her things and gave Katsumi one last look, "So I will meet up with you after school right?" she asked looking at him with her deep emerald green eyes.

As October made eye contact with him, Katsumi practically froze all over for a split second... This was certainly a new development "Uh-... I-... Y-yeah..." Katsumi stuttered forcing himself to break eye contact with her trying his best not to show he was blushing a little... It confused him that someone like October would be making him feeling this way, though it shouldn't be that surprising to him; this was more or less the first time someone had looked him right in the eyes just like that.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
October tilted her head slightly at him... was he... blushing? No thats not right she must be seeing things. Still she found it kinda.... kinda what? October didnt want to continue that thought. She simply smiled, nodded and waved, "Alright after school it is then! " she said cheerfully hoping people would know she is trying here. And with that she was out of there. Emily took her time getting out of class. She watched the entire things.... onl she knew what Octobers home life was really like. She knew as well that sooner or later Katsumi would have to go to her house. Emily walked over to Katsumi, "Just so you know. Not saying anything more, but if she acts like she is hiding sething at her house..
don take it personally, she did that to me to." and with that she was gone.

Katsumi just nodded waving in October's diretion a little awkwardly, absent mindedly smiling in her direction a little before he shook off that rather elated feeling he got... It was ironic that he'd be recieving such feelings from speaking with his worst enemy really. Emily's sudden presense next to him made him jump a little when he spoke, but he listened to what she had to say giving her a nod to indicate he understood before she was gone, perhaps there was more to the reason why October acted so hostile to him all the time... She really wasn't such a bad person now that she was a little less volatile around him, but... What could be causing her brash personality?

Reactions: BitterSweetRemie
All throughout school October tried convincing herself she wasn't the very least intrigued about going over to Katsumi's... actually she was a little bit interested of what his living situation was like. And just like that the final bell rung. She gathered her things and headed outside the school. She waited by the front door.

The day went by surprisingly quickly for Katsumi as he constantly found himself daydreaming about another conversation with October whenever he was caught without anything else to do in class.... It was the first time he'd gotten like this he could remember, and soon enough, he was gathering all his belongings and heading out the front doors of the school holding ontop his backpack.

As October waited, letting out a quiet sigh and growing impatient.... plus the weather was hot.... but she knew she cannot take off her jacket.... the jacket was the only thing hiding what her true life actually was like. Hoping to atleast cool down a little she pulled a pony tail holder off her wrist putting her hair into a pony tail. That was when she finally saw Katsumi exit the school. She smiled slightly, "Well hi stranger." she said crossing her arms.

Katsumi gave October an quiet wave smiling just a little himself "Hi..." he responded his voice a little quiet as per usual. "Sorry for the wait... I guess we should get going." He said gesturing towards the direction his house was in, but he didn't move yet, waiting for October's confirmation.

Reactions: BitterSweetRemie
October uncrosses her arms, "Its no problem," she says in her usual confident voice. She smiles slightly once again, "You take the lead because I honestly have no idea where I am going. " she laugh lightly... oddly enough she figured it was become easier to be nice to him.... only semi easier that is. Atleast that was what she was trying to convince her self.... that she was forcing herself to be a little nicer now.

Katsumi just nods starting to walk, her presense didn't bother him as much now that she was a little nicer if he were to be honest... Perhaps he was just tired of being so isolated all the time, that's why he's actually enjoying her company... Right? Katsumi shook his head a little despite how much he felt he was just lying to himself, he just needed to concentrate on walking home, otherwise he's gonna get them both lost.

As they walked to his house October looked around for a little bit, then she remembered something. And for a splitsecond there was panick in her eyes, "Shit..." she muttered pulling out her phone, "Gotta call my dad to let him know I will be home a little later." She quickly dialed the number and put the phone next to her ear,. It took a few moments until her father actually picked up... as soon as he answered she immidiatly knew he was definetly wasted... as usually. She sighed then said, "Hey dad... I will be home late. I have so school work I need to get done.... Where? Over at Emily's," hee facial expression was a mixture between anher and sadness... bu mostly anger. "What?! No... Ugh... Whataever! I will home around8 ok?! Bye!" and with that he hung up. She loled at Katsumi apologetically, "Sorry about that."

Listening without saying anything to October as she called her dad upon remembering he just nodded again with an understanding look on his face "I guess it's true after all..." Katsumi thought to himself worriedly, he wasn't too sure about what to do yet, he figured that would have to wait until he came over. "My house is just ahead." He said upon spotting it rather quickly, he pointed towards a pretty normal looking house not too far from them now, he remembered his parents were probably not expecting him to bring someone home with him, though he was pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem... They were always telling him he needed a friend or two at the very least, so perhaps this would get them off his back about it, as they were approaching the door, he stopped for a moment waiting for October to catch up before he knocked on the door.

October caught up to him and looked around... everything so normal... even the neighborhood. To October it was...great... she even felt a little envious. October smiled slightly, "You have a nice house."

October's compliment came unexpectedly, but it made Katsumis smile despite his best efforts to conceal it "Thanks." he said, sounding a little happier than he usually did. He'd never really thought much about his neighborhood, it's always seemed a little boring to him, but he was glad at least someone thought it seemed like a nice place. Remembering what he was going to do before though, he stepped up to his front door and knocked a few times on it waiting for an answer, and sure enough the door opened revealing his parents. His mother always had a gentle, happy demeanor about her, with flowing black hair that matched the color of his fathers, but he was at work right now, he shouldn't be home until dinner came. "Welcome home dear!" His mother spoke cheerily smiling brightly, then she spotted October standing not too far behind him "Oh! Welcome! I didn't know you had a girlfriend Katsumi!" she added resulting in Katsumi blushing rather profusely. "N-no! I-it's... I mean w-we're just d-doing a p-project together..." Katsumi stammered attempting to explain himself as quickly as he could.

Surprisingly October actually felt her cheeks burning... yes she was blushing. Actually blushing. Girlfriend?! That was certainly shocking to hear. But still October managed to play it off and laughed lightly... although she did find it kinda cute seeing Katsumi react like this... Wait cute?! Where did that come from?... October gave his mother a warm welcoming smile and shook her hand, "Hello I am October, nice to meet you. I am not his girlfriend, just a friend of his. We just need to work on a project." she definetley seemex to keep calm.

"Oh! My apologies... I'm just glad my son finally did it!" Katsumi's mother said with a proud smile looking towards Katsumi for a moment before turning back to October "At any rate, you're welcome here... Please make yourself at home!" Katsumi's mother said with another smile stepping aside to let them both in. Katsumi just darted in waiting for October when he got there, his face still retained a red glow as he was thinking about what his mother said glancing at October momentarily himself, he found himself admiring her courage... Despite blushing herself, she's managed to keep her cool, something he could only dream of doing, he found himself absentmindedly smiling just a little.

She smiled and nodded slightly to the mother as she walked in, "Thank you ma'am." she said looking at her for a moment then looking around almost in awe. Wow, his place is so much different than hers. She then looked at Katsumi noticing he was looking at her and smiling a little bit. She arched an eyebrow as she walked up o him waving her hand in front of his face, "Hey are you alright?"

As October waved a hand in front of his face asking if he was alright, Katsumi snapped back to reality shaking his head a little "Y-Yeah... I'm alright, where should we practice?" Katsumi asked with another little stutter... He realized he'd need to be carefull not to zone out quite like that, he looked towards his mother for a moment whom gave him a wink which confused him a little before he turned back to October still not making eye contact with her.

October mentally sighed as she lookex at him 'Why doesnt he ever make eye contact with me?' October thought. Then he asked her where they should practice. October blinked for a moment before answering. Sh crosses her arms and shrugs slightly... then of course the pain came back on her left should and she winced ever so slightly, she still tried playing it off, "I dunno . I am not familiar with this place," she smirks slightly, "I dont exactly live here. Where is the best place where its quiet and we can focus and practice?"

Katsumi noticed that October winced again as she crossed her arms, and a worried expression crossed his face for a moment, when she asked where the most quiet place they could focus and practice would be, the answer was rather obvious for him. "My room... I guess." He said, it wasn't uncommon for him to disappear inside his room whenever he wanted some time to himself or needed to do homework or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.