Witherfey (Mocking_Jayy & Desu Juice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="May, green, dashed, 10"]
May waited until the male was next to her before she began to make her way towards the school, her pace slow, given that she wanted to have enough time to socialize with the spirit. "I'm good and it was great. I slept well." It was such a lie, but she didn't want him to know that she spent the majority of her night crying. "What about you? How was your night?" May questioned with a small smile as she looked up at him.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]He didn't know the girl well enough to tell that she was lying, and besides that - she was a much better liar than he was. Koshi smiled again, "I'm glad." But his smile fell all too quickly as she asked about his night. Should he tell her...? Ah, why not? Perhaps it would allow her to see just how dangerous some spirits were.

"Me and my friend, Ichiro, were having trouble with an Irish kelpie... A horse that tricks people into mounting it, before it carries them away to a watery grave." He explained, gaze going to the ground. He seemed to be eeply engaged in his own thoughts for a moment, before he continued speaking. "We fought it, there was nothing else to do. Ichiro tried sealing it to a far-away lake a while ago, but the creature broke the seal... I think I killed it, I don't know." The problem was, that the horse was intelligent, capable of speech, and thus, "I feel really bad about it. Even though that thing was... A monster... I still feel bad."[/fieldbox]

May was relieved that the spirit had bought her lie and instead went on to talk about his night, which was much more interesting and frightening.

"A watery grave?" May questioned as her eyebrows shot up upon the realization of what that meant. Who would have thought that the spirits could be that evil. "Well I think it was good that you...killed it. I mean- it could have hurt others if you hadn't." May said as she gave him a brief glance, before stopping at the light. "It was a monster, right? So you shouldn't beat yourself over it too much." She murmured while reaching out to take his hand.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]"Mmh... I guess so," Koshi responded, then jumped as she reached out to take his hand. Quickly, the spirit glanced around, checking to make sure that nobody was near-by. It would be strange if somebody saw May practically talking to herself... But, the streets were still empty. What a relief. His hand tightened around her's, and Koshi smiled, feeling much better. He found that he couldn't stop smiling, and his cheeks, therefore, ached with the feeling of his expressed happiness. He had never smiled so much before... Never.

There were more pressing matters taking up his mind - school. He didn't have to go, in fact, he couldn't. But he'd wait for May until she left. "I wanted to tell you... Some spirits are very, very dangerous. You were born with the sight, right? So you probably know... But there are faeries, and creatures out there that can kill, too... I mean, they're rare - but they exist." His gaze fell to the space between their bodies, to look upon their joined hands. It was a sight that made Koshi feel like everything suddenly made sense. [/fieldbox]

Thankfully, the spirit hadn't pulled his hand away when she took a hold of it. Instead, his grip tightened. A small smile blossomed upon her lips and she briefly glanced at him, before moving her gaze to the sidewalk below them. "Well, hopefully I never encounter one and if I do, then I'll figure something out." She murmured before coming to stop at the light and waited for the sign to change so she could cross. "Do you think they'll purposely approach me?" The brunette questioned as she looked up at the male spirit.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi shrugged, and began to cross the street with May as the light changed. He didn't want to scare her with his answer - the last thing that he said was already pretty alarming.

"... Let's not worry about it for now..." Koshi answered, glancing away for a moment to monitor the whispering wind around them. It was tied to him, in some odd sense, and he forced it to die down for May's sake. "Hey, what classes do you like? I really enjoyed English, and Biology," he said, doing his best to keep smiling. Koshi wanted to make the girl feel good - seeing what torment she had been suffering at the hands of Hisao, he wanted to provide something better for her - he wanted her to be happy. It was odd, and for a moment, Koshi attributed it to the fact that she could see him. However, glancing down at their tightly joined hands, he wondered if it might have been something stronger than just that.[/fieldbox]

The winds died down a bit and she wondered if that was Koshi's doing, but didn't question out her concern. "Um...well I enjoy Math, Art, and a bit of English." May answered as she glanced up at him, before looking forward. The entrance to the school was visible now and she felt herself stiffen at the sight of Hisao and his gang standing there. Why were they even there? "C-can we wait here for a couple of minutes?"
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.