Witherfey (Mocking_Jayy & Desu Juice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi shuddered against her as more of the memories came over him, but forced himself away from the girl becasue hey, they just met, and he was already feeling so, very comfortable around her. "It's alright... There's nothing more to say, unless you want to know... How many times he stabbed me, or something..." He chuckled dryly. A hand lifted up once again to rub the fallen tears away from under his eyes, and Koshi drew his legs up so that he could hug them against his chest.

With a critical gaze, he watched the city grow brighter beneath them. An ambulance followed by a firetruck rang alarm bells as it raced down one of the roads and disappeared behind a building. "It's ok, I didn't really respect my life anyway... I didn't come here, among the pines, to stroll. On that day, quite ironically, I came here to... Die. I realized much too late that I didn't really want to..." The boy fell into silence after that, while the sounds of rustling leaves and car horns pushed him out of the past and back into the space beside the girl. He shyly glanced up at her through his eyelashes, muttering, "It must be hard to see creatures like me, huh?"
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="May, green, dashed, 10"]
The closeness they shared quickly diminished when he pulled away, much to her dismay, yet she refrained from moving closer to him again. They only just met, surely he would find it quite strange and annoying, maybe even clingy. As far as first impressions go, she wanted him to have a good one of her, because she wanted to have at least one friend, even if no one could see him. Instead, the brunette remained silent while she listened to his words. Had his life truly been terrible for him to have come here to die? Silence cut through the atmosphere and she couldn't find the right words to break it. What could she say? He was a spirit that had been murdered by some horrible human. May couldn't go back in time. She was nothing but a human with strange powers.

"Not really." May said as she glanced over at him, before looking down at her hands that rested on her lap. "I've only had few encounters. Some stranger than others, but nothing too bad. I'd say my experience with other human beings, is worse." Then it occurred to her that he had referred to himself as a creature. "You're not a creature." May reassured as she tilted her head to look at him.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Desu Juice
[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]As May spoke, Koshi bitterly remembered what that guy - Hisao had done to May. It filled him with rage - senseless violence was what he hated most about the world he lived in. Unprovoked rage, abuse without any reasonable validation - it boggled his mind that people could do such awful things to each other.

May was a nice person, from what he could tell, and she most certainly didn't deserve to be hurt.

"I wish it wasn't... You deserve better." He reached behind her to gently place a hand against her back, then lowered it and looped his arm around her, pulling May closer to him. Koshi didn't know why, but he felt an enormous, overwhelming need to be in constant contact with her. Every touch sent waves of warmth through his body, and he wanted to make her feel the same sweet tidal-wave flood of contentment - yet there was something else on his mind as well.

"The guy back there... What the hell was up with him?" It made him angry, remembering the encounter.
[/fieldbox]

May could only shrug in response to his words. Maybe she did deserve better or maybe what everyone said was true: she was a freak. Finding comfort in his embrace, the girl leaned into his side and a small smile couldn't help but to blossom on her lips. Never had anyone tried to bring her comfort like this. It made her happy. Maybe now she could finally have someone to count on.

"Hisao?" May questioned as her smile faded and was replaced with a frown. "I'm not sure. Ever since middle school, he just started messing with me." May murmured as her gaze lowered. He, along with several other individuals, just started making her life miserable. Ever since then, she's never had anyone. It's just been herself and it made her feel lonely. Her bottom lip quivered, but she didn't want to cry in front of him. Instead, she leaned a bit closer to him and closed her eyes, but it didn't help. A lump formed in her throat and a tear escaped when she opened her eyes. Quickly, May wiped it away though it seemed the the gates fully opened, allowing for the tears to begin cascading down her cheeks. "I-I'm sorry," May hiccuped.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi immediately felt bad about mentioning Hisao, as May smile morphed into a sad frown, and her gaze fell to the ground. Damn, he wished that he hadn't said anything about it... Ever since middle school? But why? It baffled him - people's odd, destructive intentions. He had lost their life to such intentions, after all. Why in the world were people so cruel to other people?

"May, please don't cry." It horrified to see the rainforest-green gaze flood and quiver with a lake-full of tears, right under his cloud-sky stare. Those bullies - those monsters, how could they make someone so sweet, so gentle, sad? Koshi thought that he was cold... But their hearts must have been blocks of Arctic ice. She must have suffered so much at their hands...

Koshi quickly reached up and cupped the back of her head, pulling May flush against his form. He felt so, very comfortable with her... Every moment existed as if it had already been determined. All of it was meant to be - perhaps it was the work of the gods... Yes, that was why she had the Starsight. He nuzzled the top of his head, pressing his mouth against her hair in an almost-kiss. "I'm here," he muttered, like someone answering a call, and wrapped is arms tightly around her. "I wont let them hurt you."[/fieldbox]

The brunette didn't want to cry, but she's been holding this in for a while now and it didn't seem like the tears would stop anytime soon. Koshi pulled her close to his body, to which the brunette immediately burried her face into his chest. For once, May felt like she wasn't alone, that she actually had someone.

"Thank y-you." May managed between her cries.

After a couple of minutes, May had finally calmed down and she just held onto Koshi. She felt that if she let then he would suddenly just leave and she didn't want to let go. Of course, if he wanted to leave then she'll let him, she would never force someone to stay.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi wasn't going to leave anytime soon. He smiled and rested his chin on the top of her head. "It's alright, don't apologize." The feeling of comfort from the warmth of her face pressed against his chest was honey-sweet. May didn't let him go, and he didn't want her to. His arms stayed tightly wrapped around her while his hands rubbed soothing circles into her back that were intended to comfort her just as much as they comforted him - wow, he could finally touch another human being... What in incredible feeling. "Don't thank me. I should be thanking you," He uttered, smiling.

Koshi pulled away, but jsut for a moment to cup her face in his hands. He could say something cliche, something along the lines of 'sticks and stones may break your bones,' but he knew how useless that phrase would be. Sticks and stones never hurt, while words and sidelong glances had almost led to him putting himself down like a sick dog in some backwoods forest. Koshi only begged her, "Please don't cry, your look so pretty when you smile..." But, she looked just as pretty when she cried, and it was sad to think so. His fingers ran under her eyes to collect the spilled tears, and he didn't care that he was much, much too close to her - doing things that were much too feely. He had been deprived of such closeness for far too long, and trudging around in his own snow had enforced his craving for connection. "I know we just met, but it hurts me to see you so sad..."[/fieldbox]

The warmth of his hands rubbing soothing circles on her back, brought an immense amount of comfort that the girl had desperately needed. Had fate finally decided that she was worthy of having at least one individual who could be her friend? If that was the case, then she would forever be grateful. His gentle hands moved from her back to cup her face and all May could do was blink as she stared up at the beautiful gray orbs. It felt like she could get lost in them forever. No one's eyes could compare to his.

At his compliment, May was perplexed, unsure of how to respond. This type of attention was rare, so now that she was receiving it, well, it just left her red in the face. Trying to conceal her blush, the brunette bowed her head shyly and tried to regain her composure. However, she didn't want to reject his comforting touches so she willed herself to look back up at him. "You're far too kind." She murmured, while her smaller, pale hands rested over his own. "But I wouldn't want to burden you with my troubles." They had only just met and already he knew, to some degree, just how messed up her life was. Surely, a spirit like him had much more important issues to take care of than some teenage girl who struggled to remain at peace with herself. Despite how happy she was to finally have someone, she felt that once he discovered just how destructive her mind could be towards herself and just how pathetic she was, he would leave. Abandon her. To get away from the problems that he did not sign up for. "It would be selfish of me if I did that."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Her hands moved up to rest over his - Koshi felt like he knew that touch, from hundreds of years ago, from hundreds of years together - in a moment they were like two galaxies wrapped in each other, stars weaving into binary systems and planets combing through space together in an elegant dance, all parts of them synchronized and oh, so strangely familiar. He was sure he knew her, and yet... She was a stranger, and they were looking into each other's eyes like a couple that had been married for years.

"May, don't worry about such silly things..." Koshi muttered, wearing a faint smile. "I'm here for you - no matter what." And that unconditional nature of true affection made itself know at that very moment. It was such a special, rare thing - to care for someone so wholly. The shyness in her gaze only made him smile more, and a blush crept onto his face no matter how much he wished that it wouldn't. He had already surprised himself with how confident he was around May, but now, the girl's emerald eyes were taking their toll on him, and his cheeks were heating up.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="May Tachibana, green, dashed, 10"]
May starred up at the male in wonder, before trying to find the falseness in his words, yet...all she could see was the genuineness in his expression. The realization that he meant what he said made May's heart swell and warmth spread from her chest. Before she could even take note of his blush, the brunette lunged forward to tackle him into a tight hug. She was so happy.

"You're the nicest person I've ever met." She murmured while her face was burried in his chest and it was true. The male had shown her kindness that she only dreamed about receiving.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi hadn't been expecting May to tackle him, and he almost fell over when she did so. He himself was overwhelmed by her display of affection, and it brought a happy little smile to his lips once again. "You're the nicest person I ever met," he answered back, miming her words. They were true, and it was all so, very sad. He was a ghost, and she was too late.

Koshi wrapped his arms around her, and held her tightly against his body, cradling her form in his arms - she was such a precious person... How could anyone ever hurt her? How could Hisao have hit her? He opened his eyes and stared out into the treeline, eyes growing dark - a light, but steely sheen. "I'm going to find that guy... I'll make him pay," he uttered. It was strange how such a thing could motivate the passive spirit to fight. She had been hurting for such a long time, and all because of that guy. What fault could have possiby seen in her? What was there to make fun of her for? May was utterly perfect... But people always ruined anything that was too good.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
The brunette felt his arms wrap around her torso before she was moved closer to his body. They way he held onto her...She felt safe. It had been such a long time since she's felt like this. May snuggled closer to his body before resting her cheek against his chest. In that moment, she had forgotten that he was a spirit. For a moment, she believed him to be a human. Silence ensued after she had settled into his arms and she couldn't be happier, until he brought up Hisao again. May starred ahead at the trees, before shaking her had. "Please don't do anything. Just leave it how it is." May murmured as her gaze lowered. Koshi didn't need to go through that trouble. There was no point to it. "I'll be more careful to avoid him." She added after a second, hoping that he would let it go.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]His hands went up her back and rubbed small, soothing circles against her clothes. "I could freeze the wheels of his car... I could snow in his house... I could make him so, unbearably cold..." He offered her his methods of revenge, darkness crawling up from the part of him that was an eternal being, the monster claiming it's quarry over his mind. He was once someone who couldn't even hurt a fly, but now... He just wanted to make May happy. He wanted to teach Hisao a lesson, or just get rid of him. Make him move away, make him afraid of the cold. Koshi dropped his head an rested his chin against her head, oddly warm for a spirit. He could melt snow, if he held it in his hand for long enough, and that fascinated him to no end. It was so strange... Perhaps because he was still a 'newborn' ghost.

"Or," Koshi began, after realizing that the thought of violence made him afraid, "We could... Meet, everyday." He never wanted to let go of her. He wanted to see her more often, and the thought of the setting sun made him terribly sad, because it meant that she would have to leave him. [/fieldbox]

Violence wouldn't solve the problem, if anything it would probably make everything worse. The brunette had gone through her fair share of violent experiences and they've all resulted in the same thing: her hurting. Of course all the violence had been directed at her, but it had made her realize that no one deserves it and that she would never want to inflict violent actions on someone else. "No..." She murmured, shaking her head at his suggestions. They were far to cruel. All she wanted was for Hisao to realize all the pain he had caused her and just leave her alone. That's all she wanted. Was it too much to ask for?

" I prefer that." The girl quickly answered as she sat up slightly to look up at him. "I want to see you again." She stated.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]It was clear why he was so fascinate by the idea of revenge. He had never found his peace, never saw his killer caught... And the man had been just like Hisao, just as angry, just as thoughtless. Some part of him, which had evolved teeth and claws after he had been too late with the desire to live, wanted to hurt Hisao. The other part, the part that was much too soft, much too feely, knew how terrible that was. Nobody deserved to suffer. Nobody deserved to die.

"I prefer that too," he answered with a small, shy smile. Her words made his center feel like melted butter and bubbling broth, tickling the sides of his ribs. His half-lidded gaze watched her, full to the grey-blue brim with gentle, subtle caring. He was worried to ask her if she would like to go home. He feared that she would say yes... And yet, Koshi knew he couldn't keep May by his side all night. "It's getting late... Do you want me to take you home yet?" Contrary to his offer, the boy's arms tightened around her form, betraying his feelings. He wanted her to stay, he wanted to watch the stars with her. Not just with his demon cat... Speaking of his demon cat, where was Ichiro? Koshi realized that the bakeneko should have come back a long time ago.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]It was clear why he was so fascinate by the idea of revenge. He had never found his peace, never saw his killer caught... And the man had been just like Hisao, just as angry, just as thoughtless. Some part of him, which had evolved teeth and claws after he had been too late with the desire to live, wanted to hurt Hisao. The other part, the part that was much too soft, much too feely, knew how terrible that was. Nobody deserved to suffer. Nobody deserved to die.

"I prefer that too," he answered with a small, shy smile. Her words made his center feel like melted butter and bubbling broth, tickling the sides of his ribs. His half-lidded gaze watched her, full to the grey-blue brim with gentle, subtle caring. He was worried to ask her if she would like to go home. He feared that she would say yes... And yet, Koshi knew he couldn't keep May by his side all night. "It's getting late... Do you want me to take you home yet?" Contrary to his offer, the boy's arms tightened around her form, betraying his feelings. He wanted her to stay, he wanted to watch the stars with her. Not just with his demon cat... Speaking of his demon cat, where was Ichiro? Koshi realized that the bakeneko should have come back a long time ago.[/fieldbox]

A small, shy smile of her own, settled onto her lips, before she lowered her gaze. Gosh, he made her feel so damn special. "H-home?" The girl's eyes widened and she quickly shook her head. "No, if it's alright with you, I would like to stay a little bit longer." May snuggled into his arms and burried her face. She was enjoying her time with him, she obviously didn't want to leave yet. Plus, she highly doubted that her parents would mind. It's not like she stays out late all of the time. "Do you have to go somewhere?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi smiled and sighed as May cuddled closer to him, and he relaxed against her body too. The wind around them was a sweet whisper, barely even a breeze. It smelled like darkness and moonbeams to Koshi, and he smiled, wondering when the fireflies would come out. There were usually loads of them here - he would know, as he had spent too much time on the ledge.

"No, I don't need to go anywhere..." He thought about telling her about the kelpie, but, decided against it. This was their moment, and he hadn't felt so at home, so comforted, in a long, long time... Koshi rested his chin atop May's head, and smiled to himself. "Is this alright?" He asked, shifting closer to press the girl competently against him, so that the two were wrapped in a tight embrace. He wondered if she was ok with how close he was, and how much, despite them just meeting, he didn't feel like she was a stranger at all.

A twilight sprite, dark purple-blue, and seemingly made up of dark lily petals danced up to them, with its wings buzzing hard to lift the hand-sized creature off the ground. Koshi regarded it with a small smile... Until it ventured closer to May, and reached out to grasp onto her braid.[/fieldbox]

"Yeah." May murmured with a delighted smile, happy with how close they were. It brought a sense of belonging since no one usually gave her the time of day. If they did, well it was just to bully her until she cried or managed to escape their clutches. Now, well she felt like she mattered to someone.

Suddenly a little creature flew up to them. It was so tiny, she couldn't help but to find it adorable. It confused her though, when it suddenly flew forward and clutched some strands of hair from her braid. What was it doing? It seemed harmless to her, so she wasn't entirely worried over the little sprite. "Uhh...h-hello." May greeted it with an air of uncertainty.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi grew more and more unnerved with each passing second. The little sprite flew around May's head, then bore its sharp-looking fangs to her before latching onto her hair with considerably greater force. Koshi puffed up his cheeks and blew a gust of ice-cold wind at the little creature, which jerkily buzzed away once its wings began to glaze over with ice.

Koshi looked angry as he wrapped his arms around May's shoulders and pressed her against him protectively. Most of the sprites that hadn't the gall to approach May were looking on with great curiousity - surprised at the fact of one of them had actually been able to touch her. "Did you look directly at any of them?" Koshi questioned, concern riding on his voice. "Now they know you can see them..."[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.