With the Magic Within (GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drive back included a lot more chatting that the one before, they discussed ways to improve Cara's use of magic and new practicing techniques. After they arrived Cara went to the cafeteria and grabbed something to eat and then went straight for her bed, she was exhausted. As she laid on her bed, waiting for sleep she wondered how tomorrow would be now that she knew more about this place.

When they arrived back at the hideout, they parted ways. He saw her head off in the direction of the cafeteria and he went off towards the office area. Nelson was their waiting for him, despite the late hour. Greeting each other, Nelson asked "So, how are we going to pull off this next job?" "Simple" Monroe replied. "We plant the explosives, have Cara create a diversion explosion to get everyone to the central safe room, cause those fuckers are to dumb to evacuate, then set 'em off" Of course it sounded simple, but that was just a broad outline of what was to be done. The buildings were highly guarded and planting them would be no easy task, even with Monroe's ability to wormhole them in. "I suppose we should wait for Cara before we plan further." He added.

The next day Cara woke up, had some breakfast and went to look for Monroe. She was getting comfortable here but still had only talked to two pwople, she figured she would gt to know someone else in time. While she was Walking she stumbled into Nelson.

"Hey" She said shyly.

"Hey kid" He aswered "How's it going, are you adapting well?"

"Yes" she said "Hey, do you know where Monroe is? I wanted to talk to him."

"He's in his office, I'll walk you if you want."

"That'd be great."

They walked side by side in silence till they got to Monroe's office, when she entered he was sitting on his desk writing something on a page.

"Hey boss" said Nelson.

Monroe was in his office working out a plan when he heard Nelson's voice. He looked up. "Morning Nelson, Cara." She was just the person he wanted to see, especially since she would be playing a crucial role in the next job. "Did you guys need something?" he asked. He would listen to what she wanted to say before he brought up the plan for the upcoming sabotage mission.

"Umm... I just wanted to ask you weather we're going to practice again today, both magic and shooting" Said Cara looking at her shoes. She'd been quite comfortable with him the previous day but she wasn't good with people so she was nervous again.

He saw that she was nervous talking so he spoke to her in as calm of a tone as he could. "I don't quite know about magic, but we can definitely practice some shooting if you want to. But first, I have something I want to talk to you about. Something that you will play a crucial role in." He didn't want to stress her, but this job was highly important for their cause.

Cara wasn't sure if she wanted to participate in something big after ony being two dayys in this place but she wanted to help. "What is it?" she asked while sitting down, she just hoped she could actually achieve whaever it was that he was going to ask of her, after all she didn't have much experience on... well, anything appart from not getting yourself killed in a fist fight.

"Well" Monroe began. "We need you to help us blow up the Federal Hub. "It's simple really. You create some explosions outside of the building, which will cause everyone in there to be moved to a central safe room. Once that is done, we will set off explosives that were placed prior, and boom, a whole lot of Federal pigs will be blown to smithereens." He didn't know what her stance was on killing people, and if she didn't want to do it, then they could find some other way, but her helping would make matters much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.