With pot becoming increasingly legalized, would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never tried it, and am not interested in it either. I know friends who use, used, and abused it in varying degrees, but that has no influence directly on my decision. I just don't like the idea, the taste(if the smell is anything to go on, and by that I mean the smell of the plant, not the puffs of smoke)
I don't mind a glass of wine or a liqueur at some point such as a party, but that is because I don't mind the flavor, not because I want to numb my senses.

Where I live the government turns a blind eye to (soft) drugs in general, and yes by that country I do mean the Netherlands. The country where (almost) every foreigner seems to believe all the Dutch chain smoke it, even though it's only an extreme minority that do so ^^'

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs. Even if marijuana was legalized here I wouldn't touch it, I have no interest in those kind of things. But I don't think Sweden will legalize it in a long time, even though the recent discussion about it in America has started to stir things a bit in the newspapers here.

Lastly, I can't say what happens in Canada, but in the U.S. there WAS a conspiracy against the hemp industry, and by extension the marijuana industry, that has caused the illegality it faces now. Paper barons wished to maintain their money flow that was being threatened by hemp.
I heard something about that, but the conspiracy theories I was talking about were more along the lines of "the government spies on my internets!", "I only drink bottled water because the government puts a chemical in the main water that makes you susceptible to their brainwashing" etcetera. Foil-lined-hat stuff. Again, I don't know if this is related to the THC or just the people I've talked to, but I'm not taking any chances!

I also want to take a minute to say I'm so happy this is now two pages of peaceful discussion with no harassment, agitation, or insults being thrown; I was cautious when I saw the title but yay!

@Minibit Oh goodness. I know those types of folks. They can be tiring, so I feel your pain.

Reactions: Minibit
@Minibit All of my threads turn out awesome.

All of them.

That said, thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts and opinions, and not allowing the discussion to devolve into anything less than civil.

Personally... I am completely for the legalization of marijuana. It is absolutely the right of the individual to put into their body what they want, first. Second, I don't see anything wrong with the consumption of marijuana in any capacity. Additionally, I firmly believe the benefits of marijuana greatly outweigh any downsides.

It is also of my opinion that if you want to have marijuana, among other substances, made illegal, then you should not be a hypocrite about it. If these are illegal, then so should cigarettes and alcohol, and any other consumable item that can be abused, up to and including sugar and foods high in fat. Technically speaking, all of those things are much worse than marijuana ever has been or will be, especially alcohol.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Shoggoth:

Agreed. I suppose I should've been more clear as to the aspect of 'too much of anything is bad for you', though I just assumed the point would get across.
Then again, we all know what it means to assume.

Edit: And to note, yes, I have and still to consume said product in moderation, as I would with any good thing.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
Status
Not open for further replies.