Witch Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Fuck' Caelus though as he saw a feather, one of his feathrs, flew into a nearby alley. Soon, Maggie appeared, her wand drawn, and Caelus knew the jig was up. Hesitantly, he got up and slipped down in to the alley, his head down in shame as he walked out into Maggie's field of viion.

"Hey Maggie, guess you found me, heh" His eye were hidden by his hair, but it was clear form his voice that he was holding back tears. And he wasn't doing a very good job of it, as he soon fell to his hands and knees, tears falling down his face.

"I'm sorry, so very, very sorry, I tried my best to save her, but she ordered me to run away. After she died, I just couldn't bring up the courage to face you guys. If you have come to take your vengeance, then I accept any punishment you give me. I'm a failure as a familiar, and deserve to die." And so Caelus waited for Maggie to pass her judgement

OOC: I'm just going to make this a habit for ease of reading. ^^
Contained in this post; @Raijinslayer , @Tipsynaruto

Dr. Kaj, white

Kaj was honestly a little taken back at this, though he had met willing subjects before this was something different altogether. Hostile at first,even first hand witnessing an abduction by the very scientist planning to make her into a subject of science, yet she agreed so easily?
The good doctor was not one to dismiss opportunities like this, but even though it might seem odd and strange, he found her counter-offer to be rather unreasonable, although that was more sentimental reasons than anything.

"I'm afraid I cannot let you inspect her, though if we cannot come to an agreement my side of the payment can be returning the favor at a later time should that be needed. Naturally you will be given a way to contact me once you find out what 'favor' is to be."
Though an oddball and quite strange even by strange definitions Kaj was a man of his word. If she agreed to the terms of him 'owing her one', he would honor that should she contact him at some point with something he deemed of worthy trade.

Waving his hand to the side he opened a portal to an enclosed area of his lab, the portal looked like an oval shape made of 'heat haze', like looking through the top of a fire. It was clearly there but somewhat invisible.
"If you pass through here, you will be taken to my lab and we can get the examination under way. Though some of the tests will be invasive, there will be no scars, physical or mental, once I'm done."

The exit portal was placed in a large mostly empty room, there were some seating arrangements like a chair, table and the like, although everything were rather 'sterile looking' being of brushed or reflective aluminum and steel. Kaj waited for his subject to enter, should she choose to do so the contract was as much as sealed, even if she changed her mind that was not going to change; she would be in his domain.
Although, that didn't seem to be a problem, the wonders of a willing subject. The only thing that he weren't too fond of was the wildcard of the favor he would owe her, although the unease of that was far outweighed by the promise of new valuable knowledge.

Child was somewhat unperturbed by the entrance of a stranger. Judging by the movements she picked up, the person wasn't exactly spec ops trained and the fact that she did not attack without warning was enough for Child to dismiss her as an immediate threat. Ever so slightly, Child turned to face the stranger and stared on through before turning back to the blood mage when Dr Kaj started to talk to the stranger. If Dr Kaj didn't want to deal with her, he would ahve ordered Child to attack already.

Data streamed onto Chil'd HuD from Dr Kaj, detailing all the estimated details he had on the stranger. Child knew that this person wasn't your average break and enter thief, given that she chose to confront rather than sneak away. That and the giant sword she had behind her back. The other witch, on the other had enough. It was understandable, givent aht three people broke into her abode and witha wave of her hand, she launched a blood ball straight at Dr Kaj. All the artificial muscles and systems within Child tensed as the sphere flew through the air. It took quite a while before Child had learned to steel herself and resist reflexive action she didnt want taken. Dr Kaj's shield held and with a bit of a sinister smile, sent the blood mage through a portal.

Of course, Child trusted Dr Kaj to make the most of his situation. In this case, it was getting another witch. To her eternal surprise, the witch was quite willing to cooperate, albeit with an odd request. To examine her. Child has no idea how to react so she did what she did best. Left it to Dr Kaj. She couldn't quite say that his negotation offer was quite... believable. From the Witch's perspective, the promise of a favour was a bit... intangible and unreliable. Rather than stay and wait for the two to conclude their business, Child went to sweep the windows. Regardless if the guest takes Dr Kaj's offer, she would be the rear guard and be last to leavethrough th eportal, providing Dr Kaj opens one for her. If not, the n it would be leg work all the way back to base.

Lucia saw took no issue with the said procedures, nor with having the man owe her one. As for Invasive procedures, she was sure that it would be fine as the man said that no scars would be left. Besides, it might be interesting at she might get a chance to examine the strange half machine girl the man had with him. With that in mind, Lucia walked into the portal and left herself in the man's hands.

@Red Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
Caelus stepped forward from the shadows of the alleyway. He looked terrible. His skin was covered in dirt and wounds, some fresh some new. His black feathers dull and bent at odd angles, as if he was attacked by some beast only a short while ago. Her stomach churned when she caught sight of what looked like slash marks on his wrists.

"Caelus . . . "

"Hey Maggie, guess you found me, heh," he said. Suddenly he was on his hands and knees, telling her how terrible a familiar he was, a coward, how he was too weak to save her mother and he accepted whatever punishment she had, even if it meant death.

In her mind, the plan was to find Caelus and make him go back with her. Plain and simple enough that they could all return to their regular lives right after. And it was simple, she just didn't factor in something like this. Maggie supposes she should have. Her mother's death still hurts even after this all this time, and Caelus was no exception when it came to his attachment to Leslie. He was like another son to her and a brother to Maggie.

She stared at the wand in her hand. She didn't want to kill him, she didn't want to kill anybody. She wished her mother was here, she would come up with a potion to make him forget all his troubles. Or her sister Alice who would do something stupid to raise his spirits, or even her younger sister Sophie who would hug Caelus until everything was better. But they weren't here and it was just her; she didn't know any good potions, she couldn't cheer him up or anything because she was just Maggie.

She lowered her wand. "I won't punish you, Caelus. I came here to bring you home, that's it. Mom told you to survive and I don't think killing yourself—" she nodded at the slashes on his wrist "―or making someone else do it is honoring her wishes. Mom said you are a Hayes, you're family. A Hayes . . . can get through this. So please, just come home, okay?"

Caelus

'She. . . she doesn't hate me. She wants me to come home.' Caelus hadn't even considered the fact that they would even want to see him again after his failure, and yet here was Maggie, and she wanted him to come home. In a flash, Caelus had the young witch embraced in a tight hug, enveloping her with his arms and his wings as he continued to cry into her shoulder, though this time they were tears of joy, not sorrow. "Thank you, Maggie, thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me." For a while he stayed that way, letting out all of the pain and self-loathing he had been holding in for so long. He soon released her, quickly drying his eyes, before he looked backed at her with a smile, a genuine smile.

"Come on then Maggie, let go home." Caelus said and was beginning to walk out of the alley when he stopped, a thought hitting him mid-stride. Maggie, while a capable which, was not the best in battle. If a hunter ever came for her. . . no, he wouldn't let that happen, not again. Turning around, he quickly closed the distance between him and Maggie, taking her hand in his as he looked her in the eyes. :Maggie, make me your familiar, right here and now! Please, I want to protect you like. . Like I failed to do with our mother. Please, yyou may have forgiving me, maybe even the family has forgiven me, but I have yet to forgive myself. Please let me have this as my form of attonement for my failure."

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

OOC: discussed though IM/PM/Conversation or the eff it's called on this site, this controlling has been pre-approved.

Dr. Kaj, white
Kaj still found this interesting, how eager and willing this which was, though it was far from his first willing subject it was still an odd feeling.
Entering through Kaj's portal she immediately found herself in a concrete basement without any clear means of entry or exit, clearly a safety set by the man controlling the portals.

Entering after his new subject he didn't close the portal until Child had entered after him, but as soon as she had the inspection started.

His commands to the witch were short and enough for him to get what he needed, there were tests of her abilities on various textiles and other targets, some of which seeming a tad more live than others. She were put under local or full anaesthetic if anything invasive were to be done, like him taking a look at if there were any differing factors of organs or other parts not visible from the outside. He was thorough, very, very, very much so. Nothing of her body, mind or abilities were left to question, she might even have learned something new or interesting during her stay in the scientist's laboratory. Or she might not have, he honestly didn't care about such things. Though he did take note of anything and everything such details were not really what he was after.

After the whole ordeal were done, the Witch would only have realized a few facts. Kaj rarely, if ever, slept; during the whole four-day inspection he never closed his eyes longer than to blink. After each and every procedure he had rubbed a special ointment over the scarring areas which made them heal in the matter of hours ending up leaving no scars what-so-ever.

Dawning on the fifth day Kaj seemed to finally be done, at least with this particular specimen. Taking out what looked to be a slightly thicker than normal, but rather fancy, fountain-pen he handed it to his specimen.
"Normal pen, twist off the back cap-" he started explaining as he took the back off as he instructed revealing a button of sorts. "-pull, twist and push down." As soon as he followed the end of his instructions his wrist-device left off a small blip. "I will return the favor."

Resetting the device he put the back-end back on before he handed it over to the Witch.
"You will fall 2 meters, land soft" Not waiting for her to say or ask anything he opened a portal underneath her feet, forcing her to fall downwards and out of the exit on the other side of the space-time bend.
The exit portal ended up in a small alley no more than a few hundred meters away from the house where they first met, the portal closed instantly afterwards and the witch was alone in the alleyway.

Being rather satisfied with his new findings he pulled a small cable from his wrist-device and connected it to the device on his belt, a very low crackling noise marked it's existence for a few seconds before a low volume blip marked it's completion. Now he had learned everything he needed to know from this particular gifted person, as of this time, and he now had a perfect defence against anything she could do.
Now, his next plan was simple; he had a blood-mage that had been held up for quite the time. A wave towards nothing in particular pulled another portal into existence, entering through it he was about to learn something new again; something he loved more than almost anything in the world.

Contained in this post
@Raijinslayer
@Tipsynaruto

Maggie quickly found herself pulled into Caelus' tight hug as he began thanking her and telling how grateful he was for her forgiveness. Maggie stood awkwardly in the hug, unsure what do next but rub circles on his back.

Still, she was relieved he agreed to come home and he seemed happier too.

"Come on then Maggie, let go home." He began to walk out of the alley, his back straighter and a spring in his step. That looked more like the Caelus she knew. She followed after him, a rather smug look on her face. Caelus stopped abruptly, causing her to bump against him.

"Warn someone if you're gonna do that," she grumbled, rubbing her nose.

Caelus grabbed her hand, his palm much warmer than the average person's. He asked her to make him her familiar, promising he will do better, be stronger, and do what he can to atone for his failure to protect Mom. This was so sudden, so quick. It was too much for her; she pulled out of his grasp before he could say anymore.

"Caelus, I can't be your witch." It's not that she didn't want a familiar; having one provided many benefits a witch couldn't have alone. But this was Caelus, not some random creature she found while traveling. If anything, he should be Alice's familiar. She was the oldest, plus she had the same element as him and got along much better with Caelus than Maggie ever did. She repeated her thoughts to him, biting her pride as she compared herself to her sister once again. "It's great you want to become my familiar, but lightning, fire, and water―" she pointed at a dripping pipe, her mark appearing on her palm. A stream of water emerged from the pipe and gathered into a ball over her hand. "―don't mix."

@Raijinslayer

Status
Not open for further replies.