Witch Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Trance

Nickname: Fuck. Nicknames.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Height: 6'3"

Appearance: On any givin day trance could look like just about anything the only thing that could really never change would be the symbol of his witch Lucia. He can shift into any form he sees but in order to keep the form for more then 6 hours he has to kill the person he stole it from and devour their essence. His base form and the one he prefers to wear is a tall man with shockingly blue eyes. Dark brown hair cut brutualy short with fine almost elven features. His rounded ears and darker tanned skin show him as human in nature however. He speaks with an almost french accent, if france was a real place, like common was not his first language

Personality: Trance is like a shadow on a wall most of the time. When his which is out he is quiet and watchful. His most important goal is to keep his only friend alive. Within their home he is starkly diffrent. He is kind and helpful and quite cheerful. Using his powers to play pranks on his witch.

History: wip
Witch: Rajinslayer

Race: Mimic
Powers: shapeshifting. A very limited use of Draconic Icenfire

Skills: as a mimic Trance skills very from the form he steals. Though some skills he had learned himself always stay the same. Sword/sheild fighting. Archery. Calligraphy and painting

Weapon(s): Trances soul is bound to a holy symbol. A braclet he wears around his left ankle with the symbol of a long forgotton dragon god.

Oh god can I have a third character I would love to be Beatrices familiar xD

OK!
I come with some info and some questions.

Also, please don't feel targeted when I mention your characters in the question thing at the end, it's not to bash any of you it's for me to understand things.

In the following box, you can find my tallying of what characters exist. I might have missed some so let me know and I'll fix any errors.
NPC's not counted

*CrimsonHorizons
-Aurora - Witch - Life

*monsieur
-Reggie Dorom - Familiar - Half demon
Telekinesis, telepathy, summon weapons, beast-transformation
-Tomlin Waters - Familiar - Foxboy
Air manipulation, forcefield, healing, invisibility, water manip, energy conversion

*Leotamer
-Fel Anderson - Hunter - Half elf
Cursed sword - magic cutter/burner

*Volvante
-Volvante - Familiar - Magical race
Martial arts + sword

*Tonedeaf
-Ferra Forthail - Hunter - Kitsune
Charmed swords.
-Trance - familiar - Mimic (paired with Raijinslayer)

*Raijinslayer
-Lucia Verduin - Witch - Dragonic IcenFire
-Caelus Infernum - Familiar - Seraphim/demon hybrid
Lighting and hellfire, dominance, change form.

*Tatsua Aiisen
-Beatrice - Witch - Mist

*Red Fox
Dr Kaj - Hunter - 'Human'.
Karax - Witch - Lightning

Now, some questions.
You (GM) mentioned that witches has to have one element, how come is it that a familiar can have tons of things? I mean, there is elemental manipulation, forcefields, healing magic, domination... etc, and quite a few of the things I have seen feels like it should be more a Witches thing.
Consider this, if I make a familiar that can manipulate/bend fire, doesn't this sound more like a witches magic rather than a familiar thing? Sure; if a witch gives this ability to the familiar as you have described it makes sense, after all then it is the witches element given to the familiar. But if the familiar has the fire bending and I'm a water mage, what happens then? Do the familiar keep the firebending but also get the option to the witch give him water magic through her?

I don't really see a problem with shape alteration or shit like that as it sort of makes sense, it's not tied to an element nor is it a "school of magic" in itself, especially for non-human races. But when a familiars powers have it's own elements, or have powers that can be counted as on a witches level, if not higher, I am wondering where the limit goes.
Only females can be witches, which means that racial-traits aside only a witch has magic, yet you allowed a cursed sword that, well
It's curse is that he surrendered all his magic in order to bring it into existence.
This means that this male person had magic before it was sundered. Though I'm fine with it's ability for a cursed sword just wondering how that magic part came to be.

So, to boil this question down quite a tad.
Where does the limits go for familiar abilities? My witch has Lightning/electricity as a power, other witches likewise has one element. And though we can be rather inventive with one element it still feels a tad odd if a familiar seems to have more power(s) than a witch, even when the familiar is just that; a familiar that gets powers mainly from said witch. ^^

So, I'm wondering.
Where does the limit go for Familiar abilities, and if a familiar can gain tons of stuff from elsewhere, what makes a witch that important when a familiar can pwn her ass without much of a problem? ^^

If there isn't any proper limiters there, then what is there to stop me from having a super-witch of a different race become a familiar to a human witch? ^^

EDIT!
Please note, this is not to try and take over the RP or the rules.
I'm just trying to understand things. ^^;

Last edited by a moderator:
OK!
I come with some info and some questions.

Also, please don't feel targeted when I mention your characters in the question thing at the end, it's not to bash any of you it's for me to understand things.

In the following box, you can find my tallying of what characters exist. I might have missed some so let me know and I'll fix any errors.
NPC's not counted

*CrimsonHorizons
-Aurora - Witch - Life

*monsieur
-Reggie Dorom - Familiar - Half demon
Telekinesis, telepathy, summon weapons, beast-transformation
-Tomlin Waters - Familiar - Foxboy
Air manipulation, forcefield, healing, invisibility, water manip, energy conversion

*Leotamer
-Fel Anderson - Hunter - Half elf
Cursed sword - magic cutter/burner

*Volvante
-Volvante - Familiar - Magical race
Martial arts + sword

*Tonedeaf
-Ferra Forthail - Hunter - Kitsune
Charmed swords.
-Trance - familiar - Mimic (paired with Raijinslayer)

*Raijinslayer
-Lucia Verduin - Witch - Dragonic IcenFire
-Caelus Infernum - Familiar - Seraphim/demon hybrid
Lighting and hellfire, dominance, change form.

*Tatsua Aiisen
-Beatrice - Witch - Mist

*Red Fox
Dr Kaj - Hunter - 'Human'.
Karax - Witch - Lightning

Now, some questions.
You (GM) mentioned that witches has to have one element, how come is it that a familiar can have tons of things? I mean, there is elemental manipulation, forcefields, healing magic, domination... etc, and quite a few of the things I have seen feels like it should be more a Witches thing.
Consider this, if I make a familiar that can manipulate/bend fire, doesn't this sound more like a witches magic rather than a familiar thing? Sure; if a witch gives this ability to the familiar as you have described it makes sense, after all then it is the witches element given to the familiar. But if the familiar has the fire bending and I'm a water mage, what happens then? Do the familiar keep the firebending but also get the option to the witch give him water magic through her?

I don't really see a problem with shape alteration or shit like that as it sort of makes sense, it's not tied to an element nor is it a "school of magic" in itself, especially for non-human races. But when a familiars powers have it's own elements, or have powers that can be counted as on a witches level, if not higher, I am wondering where the limit goes.
Only females can be witches, which means that racial-traits aside only a witch has magic, yet you allowed a cursed sword that, well

This means that this male person had magic before it was sundered. Though I'm fine with it's ability for a cursed sword just wondering how that magic part came to be.

So, to boil this question down quite a tad.
Where does the limits go for familiar abilities? My witch has Lightning/electricity as a power, other witches likewise has one element. And though we can be rather inventive with one element it still feels a tad odd if a familiar seems to have more power(s) than a witch, even when the familiar is just that; a familiar that gets powers mainly from said witch. ^^

So, I'm wondering.
Where does the limit go for Familiar abilities, and if a familiar can gain tons of stuff from elsewhere, what makes a witch that important when a familiar can pwn her ass without much of a problem? ^^

If there isn't any proper limiters there, then what is there to stop me from having a super-witch of a different race become a familiar to a human witch? ^^
Alright so heres my long winded end of an answer.

Basically if you're a human which does not originally possess any capability of controlling magic (though still had innate abilities to wield weapons that do like the Hunters) then your witch can bestow upon you her element without any of your element (since you've got none in the first place) interfering.

Now if you're already with said magical abilities and have your own element then your witch does not have to share her element though she could still offer it. What I'm trying to say is that its the witches decision. But the more opposite your powers are of each other (fire vs ice, wind vs air) the more dangerous and less likely the familiar is able to control the element.

Witches are inherently stronger and far more capable than their familiar. So no matter how many special abilities they possess, in terms of magic adsorption, production, and power concentration a witch is far more capable than any other worldly beings (with the right kind of practice).

Finally done, here's my char~

Name: Madeleine
Nickname: Maddie
Sexual Orientation: N/A
Height: 1.25 m
Element: Fire
Weapon: A small knife
Appearance: Long, strawberry blond hair, deep green eyes and an innocent face. Her build is slim and petite, partially from not eating enough. Usually wears a simple dress with no adornments and keeps her hair loose to hide the mark on her neck.
Personality: Sincere and hardworking, is actually prone to tears but stops herself from crying because she doesn't want to seem weak. Is also very determined and will overcome fear and/or insecurities if her determination is strong enough.
Treats Volvante as a friend and often listens to his advice if she's troubled by something. Doesn't really think too deeply over the fact that her familiar is somewhat volatile.
Mark: A blooming red hibiscus on the back of her neck, she covers it with either her hair or dirt depending on situation.
Familiar: Volvante

Alright so heres my long winded end of an answer.

Basically if you're a human which does not originally possess any capability of controlling magic (though still had innate abilities to wield weapons that do like the Hunters) then your witch can bestow upon you her element without any of your element (since you've got none in the first place) interfering.

Now if you're already with said magical abilities and have your own element then your witch does not have to share her element though she could still offer it. What I'm trying to say is that its the witches decision. But the more opposite your powers are of each other (fire vs ice, wind vs air) the more dangerous and less likely the familiar is able to control the element.

Witches are inherently stronger and far more capable than their familiar. So no matter how many special abilities they possess, in terms of magic adsorption, production, and power concentration a witch is far more capable than any other worldly beings (with the right kind of practice).
Oh!
That actually makes tons of sense.

So, a familiar, no matter how many powers it has, will never obtain the same raw power as a witch does.
And yes, the human factor is why a witch has "only one", so to speak.

Well, then I think this is not as bad as I first thought, sorry for being an ass but I had to know! ^^

Name: Trance

Nickname: Fuck. Nicknames.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Height: 6'3"

Appearance: On any givin day trance could look like just about anything the only thing that could really never change would be the symbol of his witch Lucia. He can shift into any form he sees but in order to keep the form for more then 6 hours he has to kill the person he stole it from and devour their essence. His base form and the one he prefers to wear is a tall man with shockingly blue eyes. Dark brown hair cut brutualy short with fine almost elven features. His rounded ears and darker tanned skin show him as human in nature however. He speaks with an almost french accent, if france was a real place, like common was not his first language

Personality: Trance is like a shadow on a wall most of the time. When his which is out he is quiet and watchful. His most important goal is to keep his only friend alive. Within their home he is starkly diffrent. He is kind and helpful and quite cheerful. Using his powers to play pranks on his witch.

History: wip
Witch: Rajinslayer

Race: Mimic
Powers: shapeshifting. A very limited use of Draconic Icenfire

Skills: as a mimic Trance skills very from the form he steals. Though some skills he had learned himself always stay the same. Sword/sheild fighting. Archery. Calligraphy and painting

Weapon(s): Trances soul is bound to a holy symbol. A braclet he wears around his left ankle with the symbol of a long forgotton dragon god.
Oh and accepted ^^
Finally done, here's my char~

Name: Madeleine
Nickname: Maddie
Sexual Orientation: N/A
Height: 1.25 m
Element: Fire
Weapon: A small knife
Appearance: Long, strawberry blond hair, deep green eyes and an innocent face. Her build is slim and petite, partially from not eating enough. Usually wears a simple dress with no adornments and keeps her hair loose to hide the mark on her neck.
Personality: Sincere and hardworking, is actually prone to tears but stops herself from crying because she doesn't want to seem weak. Is also very determined and will overcome fear and/or insecurities if her determination is strong enough.
Treats Volvante as a friend and often listens to his advice if she's troubled by something. Doesn't really think too deeply over the fact that her familiar is somewhat volatile.
Mark: A blooming red hibiscus on the back of her neck, she covers it with either her hair or dirt depending on situation.
Familiar: Volvante
Accepted :)

Oh!
That actually makes tons of sense.

So, a familiar, no matter how many powers it has, will never obtain the same raw power as a witch does.
And yes, the human factor is why a witch has "only one", so to speak.

Well, then I think this is not as bad as I first thought, sorry for being an ass but I had to know! ^^
Its okay I love questions that make me think ;p

Just some questions to formulate my characters in my mind:

With Fay CS, we know is it is possible to be born to familiars, what is the tradition behind that, if you are born to two familiars are you granted to be the familiar on one of the witch's who birthed one of your parents, or unless you go out of your way to get familiars born of your familiars (speaking from the perspective of the witch) do they usually just go out and my a life of their own?

What is the general opinion on having familiars who are a very savage nature or destructive nature such as goblins, berserkers, and werewolves (Not saying them individually but that type of race) Are they trusted/mistrusted? Looked down upon by own "Higher and more noble" races. Does this opinion change if they were born to familiars or "civilized society" This is reference to my primalist I might have (Race name pending) which are pretty pagans (Which honestly probably isn't that bad in a fantasy universe) and form very secluded tribes in the middle of nowhere and tend to avoid interacting with the other races as much as possible.

If a fairy is a familiar, are they capable of using the witches magic to grow to human size if the witch gives them the magic to do so? Is so how long? Seconds, minutes, hours, indefinately as long as the witch gives them magic?

Just some questions to formulate my characters in my mind:

With Fay CS, we know is it is possible to be born to familiars, what is the tradition behind that, if you are born to two familiars are you granted to be the familiar on one of the witch's who birthed one of your parents, or unless you go out of your way to get familiars born of your familiars (speaking from the perspective of the witch) do they usually just go out and my a life of their own?

What is the general opinion on having familiars who are a very savage nature or destructive nature such as goblins, berserkers, and werewolves (Not saying them individually but that type of race) Are they trusted/mistrusted? Looked down upon by own "Higher and more noble" races. Does this opinion change if they were born to familiars or "civilized society" This is reference to my primalist I might have (Race name pending) which are pretty pagans (Which honestly probably isn't that bad in a fantasy universe) and form very secluded tribes in the middle of nowhere and tend to avoid interacting with the other races as much as possible.

If a fairy is a familiar, are they capable of using the witches magic to grow to human size if the witch gives them the magic to do so? Is so how long? Seconds, minutes, hours, indefinately as long as the witch gives them magic?
Well in usual circumstances a familiar doesn't have the time to even think about romantic endeavors what with their witch as their first priority in mind. But of course if this does happen then the child would have the choice to become the witches familiar after their parents pass or go off on their own (not including the fact that it might have to be a forced contract).

Witches generally don't discriminate against other magical creatures no matter what their instincts or religion since their kind has long been judged like they were. Though the majority do look down on ones who cause useless blood shed (but that of course varies from witch to witch).

As long as the fairy is given a steady supply of magic by their witch they may remain in that form indefinitely by choice of course.

Well, I didn't think about it until now, but considering how I am kind of thinking his parents are, it might not been their intention to have a child. Though this is ideal thinking for right now

And I probably should ask, how does the larger culture think about more feral/destructive races? Such as in the larger cities of Erodial and Winged Kingdom and other large cities and kingdoms and the more rural regions that presumably dot the entire map.

Well, I didn't think about it until now, but considering how I am kind of thinking his parents are, it might not been their intention to have a child. Though this is ideal thinking for right now

And I probably should ask, how does the larger culture think about more feral/destructive races? Such as in the larger cities of Erodial and Winged Kingdom and other large cities and kingdoms and the more rural regions that presumably dot the entire map.
Prejudice as a bunch of anti rights groups (there are of course people and beings who support such races. Think about a bunch of nature vegetarian hippies trying to save cows from turning into slushy Mcdonald burgers).

And is it completely unheard of for richer witches to organize in almost noble houses with several different witches with a multitude of familiar servants like described in Ferra CS? Is that some relatively common among more powerful and more noble witches?

I made a note in my character profile to address a potential concern about him since this was approved by @Masked , but just wanted to let everyone know in case they had the same concern.

Here is the note for convenience:

Special Note: Volvante is a very powerful being with at least ten centuries to build power, gain experience, and practice all sorts of techniques. This would obviously be OP and unfair. Since his witch is basically a fledgling, in order to form a contract, he would have to seal the greater part of his power for compatibility. This seal is in place until the contract ends. Essentially, he will never be full power in this role play and I don't intend him to ever reach it again. If there ever is some situation where he could possibly reach full power, I promise to never do so unless the approval is unanimous from all the currently involved and active RPers. Who is considered active or not at that time I leave to the GM to decide.

Basically, to balance out their team strength with the other teams, Volvante's a bit stronger than average and the witch is weaker than average.​

So, Volvante, you're basically using a toned down version of him for this RP? ^^
Nice to know, I have a few characters like that which is superduperultra overpowered if used "as written" ^^

And is it completely unheard of for richer witches to organize in almost noble houses with several different witches with a multitude of familiar servants like described in Ferra CS? Is that some relatively common among more powerful and more noble witches?
Thats completely possible since the Hunters have an organization of their own then the Witches may have their own order dedicated to finding and protecting the prime millennium...huh why didn't I think of that before? *derp*

Wooo my history becoming cannon. Also if i can only reply once a day. Its becuase of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.