Witch Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made an edit to my witch to give her a weapon, just made it a basic one for now, may change before the RP thread gets put up.

Just a question, what are the higher fair-folk like in this universe? Namely their power and their alignment. Sometimes the fay are the weakest creatures, other times they are quite strong, even one of the strongest magic beings, and sometimes they are good, evil, neutral, chaotic or it just depends.
Strictly speaking fairies are capable of great magic in groups but with their tiny stature, alone they are only pesky beings that don't cause that many problems. However they are able to retain a humanoid body if they are supplied with enough magic that they cannot contain on their own. They would be considerably stronger that way.

Made an edit to my witch to give her a weapon, just made it a basic one for now, may change before the RP thread gets put up.
Alright post a heads up before I post the link to the IC then ^^

So, what of fairy witches? Edit, and even fairy familiars for that matter.

So, what of fairy witches? Edit, and even fairy familiars for that matter.
Logically speaking since a fairy doesn't have the capability nor the mass to contain the amount of magic a witch has a full fledged fairy cannot be a witch but that doesn't mean a half or hybrid fairy cannot be. A fairy familiar is allowed since Witches are the perfect beings to supply the magic they need to cast more powerful spells (since they don't have the capacity for more than a few tricks with the amount of magic they are able to harbor).

0e3b005f83151d688de2d1df4b93823b5f1be07a.jpg
Name: Beatrice
Nickname: The Witch of Phantasms
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Element: Mist
Appearance: Like the mist, Beatrice is ephemeral and insubstantial, her form shifting from moment to moment. She claims that attempting to identify her by sight is a pointless endeavour, as even she has long since lost the image of her original body. Whether this is true or not, the form she has most commonly taken in this era is that of a youthful woman with blue hair and eyes, of modest frame and proportions. While her appearance may seem nothing special, she almost seems insubstantial when viewed in direct sunlight, as if she's not a part of the world around her. When she appears to ordinary mortals, they often mistake her for a spirit, and if not, perhaps a dream or something similar.

Personality: Beatrice is a little difficult to deal with, as she rarely lets what she's thinking show on her face and has a hard time following the rules of others. It's easy to get an impression of her age just by interacting with her briefly, as she almost seems to be trapped in an older Era, evident both in her manner of speaking and the way she regards others. She could be called a Queen from a higher plane, an individual who does not look down on others, but has a hard time understanding them due to a difference in thinking. Despite all of this, she is generally quite a pleasant individual to spend time with, and certainly not the type to cause trouble for others (intentionally).

History:
Beatrice claims to be a witch possessing over a thousand years, and none exist today who can refute these claims save others who claim to be just as old. There is a running joke among witches of this tremendous rank to never explicitly state their true age, to the point where it is likely that most of them are lying, but it is impossible to determine otherwise due to certain magical meddling. As the Witch of Phantasms, everything about her past is shrouded in mystery, and even those who hunt witches are still lacking in any real, substantial information on her. To most, she is a being that has transcended her humanity and become something more, a magical entity of the highest calibre which exists as little more than a phantom in the world of mortals.

Possesses a notable "rivalry" with a certain witch who uses illusory light, although Beatrice is under the impression that their abilities are leagues apart. The two of them don't particularly dislike eachother, and in fact have rarely spoken at all, but they are each very much aware of the other's existence.

Mark:
The shape of an unidentifiable moth, occasionally indexed as the "Clue of Beatrice".
Familiar:
(Open to any applicants~)

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
0e3b005f83151d688de2d1df4b93823b5f1be07a.jpg
Name: Beatrice
Nickname: The Witch of Phantasms
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Element: Mist
Appearance: Like the mist, Beatrice is ephemeral and insubstantial, her form shifting from moment to moment. She claims that attempting to identify her by sight is a pointless endeavour, as even she has long since lost the image of her original body. Whether this is true or not, the form she has most commonly taken in this era is that of a youthful woman with blue hair and eyes, of modest frame and proportions. While her appearance may seem nothing special, she almost seems insubstantial when viewed in direct sunlight, as if she's not a part of the world around her. When she appears to ordinary mortals, they often mistake her for a spirit, and if not, perhaps a dream or something similar.

Personality: Beatrice is a little difficult to deal with, as she rarely lets what she's thinking show on her face and has a hard time following the rules of others. It's easy to get an impression of her age just by interacting with her briefly, as she almost seems to be trapped in an older Era, evident both in her manner of speaking and the way she regards others. She could be called a Queen from a higher plane, an individual who does not look down on others, but has a hard time understanding them due to a difference in thinking. Despite all of this, she is generally quite a pleasant individual to spend time with, and certainly not the type to cause trouble for others (intentionally).

History:
Beatrice claims to be a witch possessing over a thousand years, and none exist today who can refute these claims save others who claim to be just as old. There is a running joke among witches of this tremendous rank to never explicitly state their true age, to the point where it is likely that most of them are lying, but it is impossible to determine otherwise due to certain magical meddling. As the Witch of Phantasms, everything about her past is shrouded in mystery, and even those who hunt witches are still lacking in any real, substantial information on her. To most, she is a being that has transcended her humanity and become something more, a magical entity of the highest calibre which exists as little more than a phantom in the world of mortals.

Possesses a notable "rivalry" with a certain witch who uses illusory light, although Beatrice is under the impression that their abilities are leagues apart. The two of them don't particularly dislike eachother, and in fact have rarely spoken at all, but they are each very much aware of the other's existence.

Mark:
The shape of an unidentifiable moth, occasionally indexed as the "Clue of Beatrice".
Familiar: (Open to any applicants~)
Definitely accepted. Its nice how you incorporated one of the NPC characters into your history ^^

Definitely accepted. Its nice how you incorporated one of the NPC characters into your history ^^
Thank you, I felt like I couldn't possibly have there be no connection at all between the two, as their fields of expertise happen to overlap so much.

By the way, anybody wanting to be Beatrice's familiar is free to PM me! I'd love to work through how we've contracted, our relationship and everything else associated with the Witch/Familiar pairing~

Right now I am stuck between two ideas for a familiar. One is a Fairy Knight type character, but personally I love the idea of poking people with a sword the size of a toothpick because my sense of humor very strange. On the other hand I am thinking of having a primalist type character who uses like ki/primal energy/the name doesn't particularly matter but I would like to go for an animal/nature motif if possible that can possibly increase his physical characteristics with magic. (Strength, Speed, Agility, Dexterity, Durability, etc)

Right now I am stuck between two ideas for a familiar. One is a Fairy Knight type character, but personally I love the idea of poking people with a sword the size of a toothpick because my sense of humor very strange. On the other hand I am thinking of having a primalist type character who uses like ki/primal energy/the name doesn't particularly matter but I would like to go for an animal/nature motif if possible that can possibly increase his physical characteristics with magic. (Strength, Speed, Agility, Dexterity, Durability, etc)
While the thought of a toothpick knight entertains me to no end an energy monk type of character sounds like all types of interesting. Well whichever one you find most appealing I'm backing both ideas up.

Is there some info about the world?
I remember you mentioned something interesting in the interest-check topic, but it might be worthwhile to have in here as well ^^
-----------------------------------

And for you others, my characters are accepted via PM, the GM has the link with all details should it be needed, so here are the appearance only versions for you guys. ^^

Karax - Witch - Electromancer, Familiar will be posted by TipsyNaruto later
Dr. Kaj - A hunter, will be paired with another hunter also played by TipsyNaruto

First some practical information.
Karax was converted from male, so if I slip up or you note something referring to Karax as "him" or other male pointers, imagine them as female!^^
And Dr. Kaj, he is not in any alliance with the hunters, he is a standalone faction and shit will be explained during play. Be careful of this one! ^^
Oh right yea I'll see if I can scour the pages for the post and have it edited into the first one. Thank you for the reminder :)

What I am going to do is just see who familiar I am going to be too, and then choose the one that makes the most sense, other wise, if no one wants me (Sadface), I will flip a coin. So anyone want a familiar.

I think the problem is that everyone and their dog wants to be a familiar.
Perhaps a rule, so to speak, that one player can only play one familiar and one witch?
That way we can get something actually working here, as the way I see it now it's what, 3 witches and 314 familiars? (actual numbers is more like 3/8, but still) ^^

I think the problem is that everyone and their dog wants to be a familiar.
Perhaps a rule, so to speak, that one player can only play one familiar and one witch?
That way we can get something actually working here, as the way I see it now it's what, 3 witches and 314 familiars? (actual numbers is more like 3/8, but still) ^^
Alright rules have been updated!

Alright rules have been updated!
If you just update them like that, you might want to consider those you already let have two familiars... if any.
I'll be honest and admit I haven't read them all yet, but you get my point! ^^

Actually, my quick and messy tally is actually
4 witches,
5 hunters,
5 familiars.

(this is including my second character which is going to be a familiar and Tipsy's characters.)

Actually, my quick and messy tally is actually
4 witches,
5 hunters,
5 familiars.

(this is including my second character which is going to be a familiar and Tipsy's characters.)

That's not as bad as I originally thought... Should read all chars before commenting next time! ^^
Though, I was just stating stuff to consider, for the future if nothing else.

What I am going to do is just see who familiar I am going to be too, and then choose the one that makes the most sense, other wise, if no one wants me (Sadface), I will flip a coin. So anyone want a familiar.

I don't mind making a witch to partner with you. Which familiar were you?

My witch wont be having a Familiar from the start.

Finally have time to finish my CS for my witch.

If the need is great then I can make a second, more capable, witch if the GM allows it, my first witch is pretty much a fledgeling after all (I want the fairy familiar for the second one if so, or perhaps the poor forge familiar that is looking for a witch.)

And guys, the best way to imagine yourself as a witch working over a pot that smells cloyingly sweet: Put on a witch hat, an elbow-length cape and make caramels. Trust me on this.

EDIT: Almost done with my sheet here, it won't be including her backstory just yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.