Wisteria: A School...That Isn't Actually 'a School'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Umm... Hey there! I'm your new roommate, Rosemary... Hope I didn't crash back in at a bad time for you... I'm a returning student so I'm not sure if we've ever met."

Aqua awoke to the sound of her roommate introducing herself. At the time, she was quite snug in her bed, although she wasn't fully asleep. Luckily, she heard every word, so didn't have to say pardon or what?. Sighing, she turned over and sat up. "Hey Rosemary, nice to meet you," she said politely, "I'm Aqua." And so a new friendship begun (maybe...)

@Shayla

Rosemary smiled in a happy sense to Aqua as she kept a stack of sketchbooks held close against her chest. She placed the sketchbooks atop one of the neighboring bookshelves. She grabbed a nearby hair pin from one of the small drawers stacked on her desk as she pinned her hair up in a messy bun of sorts." Well it is great to meet you , Aqua! I totally hope we can get to know eachother better during our time here... Since we are roomies now!" She couldn't help but let a bubbly grin curve against her lips as she finished off unpacking the necessities to her side of the room.

With that she settled her gaze back on Aqua." So perhaps you'd like to head on out and go meet all the new peeps to be found here?" I hear we have quite a bit of new people and maybe I'll see some familiar faces from last year too!" Rosemary smiled happily as she snagged one of her oversized loose button up sweaters from the hook on the door as she slid with ease into it. She decided to leave it open as it draped down a bit lowly on her arms as she went to the door with an eager look held to her eyes. Maybe she was a bit excited about being back... She had been just ready to get out and be with everyone again. She could hear the bustle of laughter and happiness outside the door of people settling in or seeing each other after so long. She hoped Aqua would want to tag along.. She was younger but she didn't see her any differently for it. She leaned her hip against the hard surface of the doorframe as she unpinned her hair to swing loosely down against the dip of her back as she awaited with semi contained eagerness to head on out.

@amybri18

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
"Ah yes," Aqua agreed, "Let's go..." She slowly got out of bed, before realizing she was yet to get changed. "Umm... if you could excuse me..." she said, walking up to her drawers. She pulled it open and took out a short, blue dress. She then got out some underwear (duh...) and walked into the bathroom.

One minute later, Aqua returned wearing her short, blue dress. "So... shall we go explore?" she asked, smiling.

@Shayla

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
[fieldbox="Fianna Lee, plum, dashed, 10, Segoe Print"]
Fianna let out a shaky breath and fixed her hair. This is the first time she'll be living in a dorm with a stranger and her nerves are getting the best of her. "Aww, is little Fifi scared?" her older brother asked. "Shut up! I'm just nervous okay? So don’t tease me!" she told him honestly. She's been rooming with him since they were kids, until she was sent to her aunt's place and as she went to high school, her brother made sure that they will be roommates until today. Her brother was transferred to another school due to her parents decision.

Stepping out of the car, her brother opened the trunk and grabbed several boxes handing it to her "I'm really sorry Fifi. Think of this as a challenge of independence. You'll be fine without me, right?" her brother asked with a hint of worry in his voice. Fianna laughed at how worried his brother is and grabbed the boxes from him, hiding her fears behind a smile "Of course! Besides, it's good that you're not my roommate anymore. Now I can flirt with anyone I want. Ooh~ Maybe my roommate is a boy~." she retorted back teasingly. "Hey! No boys! You're here to study, remember that!" her brother scolded and grabbed more of her boxes before walking inside. She then followed her brother and went upstairs.

"You sure you'll be okay?" her brother asked, placing the boxes on the front door. Fianna sighed and kissed her brother's cheek, smiling faintly at how he's acting like the perfect big brother "I'll be fine. Take care of Mum and Dad for me okay?” Her brother just nodded, hugging her tightly before giving her the car keys and left.

"Alright Fifi. You can do this" she whispered to herself, mustering all her courage and opened the door, revealing a boy in her room. "Uhm... hi! I'm Fianna Lee, year 12 and I'm your new roommate" she greeted cheerfully, trying to ignore all her nerves as she held her box tightly.

@Seiren
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
She gave Aqua a brief nod as her smile remained held in place. Rosemary awaited patiently by the doorway when Aqua returned after a few moments of changing. She smiled back in return as she gave a nod."Better than being just cooped up in here I'd say.. Let me just grab a few things before we go taking off!" She gave herself a small push off from the door frame before crossing over to her desk to retrieve her Iphone and earbud's. Before forgetting she snagged the car keys as well. She tucked them into the back pocket of her jeans before walking herself back over to the doorway as she opened the door to let the noise from outside fill the quiet of their room. She couldn't help but grin a bit at the sight of everyone being back around... Plenty of new fish in this sea of people to meet and well enjoy the view of some from afar. She glanced over her shoulder briefly at Aqua as she beckoned her with a small crook of her finger to follow.

Once out the door... Well you could say it was like walking down the halls of an every day highschool. Crazy yet a good kind of crazy. She weaved her way through the growing crowds of students as she caught sight of the common room ahead. She double checked behind herself to make sure Aqua had not gotten lost and was glad to say she was still behind with a smile held to her face. She reached back to grasp her hand in a softened tug as she lead her into the semi empty space of the Common Room. With that she released her hand as she gave a stretch." I'd say this is a possible safe zone... We will totally not get caught up in the herding in the halls thankfully.." She smiled happily to Aqua as she lowered herself with satisfied ease onto one of the few black leather couches. She pulled one of her legs up to hold against her chest as the other swung with gradual ease over the couch. Perhaps they would meet a few here and maybe not... But , until than she thought she might as well get to know her new roomie. She gave the seat next to her a light pat as she continued to smile." Promise I don't bite... So Aqua , what year are you going into... I'm pretty sure I have never seen you around before... Than again so many faces it is hard to remember them all , right?" She chuckled a bit at that as her gaze flickered between Aqua and the crowds gathered about. It wasn't as if she trusted this girl... but , she needed to at least give her a semi chance at earning it..

@amybri18

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox="Ariel Rose Hart, magenta, solid"]
"Surprisingly enough, I don't think anyone has called me that," Ariel said, blinking owlishly. It astonished him that, while he was teased for his name, no one really called him Merman. He was also grateful for it. The teasing without the Merman comment was enough for him in his earlier days. Realizing that he was spacing out, he focused back on Ryan. "Thank you for the compliment, by the way!" The pinkette said as he shook the hand that was presented to him. He was taking a liking to his new roommate. Ryan seemed friendly enough and had a sense of humor, which was always nice. At his words of reassurance and his invitation, the teen nodded enthusiastically, smiling brightly. He would rather hang out with someone that he's acquainted with than go find anothet total stranger to chat with. "Yeah, I just might tag along. And I'd love to be shown around!"

@Komorebi
[/fieldbox]

• Love
[glow=#FFFF99]Finnick E. Moriarty[/glow]

"Ah...fandoms. Such amazing things. Supernatural, Doctor Who, Hannibal, Sherlock, Primeval, Harry Potter, Breaking Bad...Those are my main favorites. From your clothing choices, I'm going to say that at least one of yours is Supernatural?"

Finnick witnessed his flatmate moving with the beat of Back in Black. After the song switched, Väinö joined him in the chorus of Carry on My Wayward Son. It filled him with amusement. First step of his game. Establish a foundation of trust. If he wanted to dissect Väinö's personality, secrets, and ticks, Finnick needed to carve an opening. A fleeting laugh escaped his lips. With a flourish of his right hand, he gestured toward his wall of creativity. "Supernatural, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Sherlock," he recited. An impish grin painted his lips. "Examples of my favorites. You mentioned a few I love as well. I have a lot more, but I won't bore you with my list," he pointed out. Finnick leaned forward and placed his drumsticks on his makeshift nightstand. His iPod continued playing, switching to Heat of The Moment by Asia. He lowered the volume on his iPod. Instead of full blast, it was lighter, not as loud. Finnick preferred his music loud and booming, but he wasn't in the mood attracting unwanted guests. In the past, students approached him and complained. Did he care? No. Was it irritating? Hell yes. For a moment, Finnick graced the pitiful minions security by lowering his volume to a tolerable level.

He moved closer to his bookshelf and retrieved a DVD box set. "Have you watched Season 9?" Finnick inquired, tapping his box set. The title, 'Supernatural' imprinted on the cover. "Brought my telly. I'm not paying for cable, but I have DVD's," he explained. He pointed to a moderate-sized HD flat screen mounted on the wall at the foot of his bed. A shelf was built underneath, housing a Blu-Ray DVD player. He may or may not have broken a rule and built the shelf when he arrived. "I have more than Supernatural," Finnick added. His first move was established. Offer an opportunity of comradeship by indulging on a shared interest. Would Väinö take the bait?

@Komorebi

• Love
Ryan Tehrani
Ryan grinned as the other shook his hand, a warm and strong grip that said a lot about his new roommate. They always said you could tell the measure of a man by his grip and that seemed to be true in this case. He laughed at the look on the younger boy's face as Ryan brought up the nickname and wondered if the younger man had been teased during his younger years. With a name like that, he'd be willing to bet on it. It made him a little sad, remembering a similar scenario with his sister, Tamar, when they'd first begun school in Iran. Bullies were such sad creatures, to be quite honest.

"You are welcome. And your hair... I must say, is very eye catching. Back home, we were never allowed to do anything... outlandish to our hair but I always wanted to streak it with red or something. I think my mum'd have a fit if I did that though." He smiled and ran a hand through his hair, grabbing his phone from his bed and quickly sending a text to his sister, telling her that he was going for a walk and he'd meet up with her soon. "You wanna go now? Or do you have more to unpack?"

@Kitsune

Last edited by a moderator:
The two walked out of the room together and down the hallway. It was buzzing with excitement. People were running around crazily. This was way out of Aqua's comfert zone. Sure, she is alright around a small group of people, but, being shy, she doesn't like large crowds. Still, she could just about cope with it. Aqua felt a hand grab her own - Rosemary was pulling her along. Her roommate lead her to the least-crowded part of the common room, where they both sat down on a black leather sofa. Aqua smiled.
"Promise I don't bite..." Rosemary reassured. Aqua giggled quietly. "So Aqua , what year are you going into... I'm pretty sure I have never seen you around before... Then again so many faces it is hard to remember them all , right?"
"I'm going into year 10. What about you?" she asked.

@Shayla

Krystal Adams

Tamar seemed to be a nice person. "Thanks."
No one has ever complimented her name and actually give a reason. To her, Tamar would be someone more talkative.
Krystal thought about it, maybe it would help her more, the talkative ones always seemed to make her open up a bit more.
Krystal began to unpack her belongings. It wasn't much, she only brought some clothes, her guitar, and her sketchbook.
She did have both an acoustic and electric guitar at home, but she could only bring one to keep form carrying too much, she chose the electric.
If she wanted more of an acoustic sound, she could play unplugged.
She still felt a bit awkward being in the room with a stranger, but at least she helped make her feel a bit more comfortable.

@Komorebi

Dante Adams

Dante caught the ball. "Nice to meet you Amber," he said as she began to unpack.
On the inside he felt a bit nervous to be in a new place and to be in the same room with a stranger, but he always liked to present himself as calm.
Ever since the bullying stopped at around the age eleven for Dante, he refused to be seen as a target again.
Hopefully he will be able to become friends with Amber.

He went over to his bed and laid down, noticing that his roommate would glance over a couple times.

@Ookami

• Love
[glow=#C6E2FF]Väinämöinen Tuomalä[/glow]
Väinö felt a small inkling of doubt, nudging at the back of his mind and it was infinitely frustrating to have it just out of reach. Something was going on here and his brain was scrambling to find the answer. He wouldn't let himself fall into the trap of trust and easy camaraderie again, it seemed only to lead to wrack, ruin and strife.

He watched as his roommate moved closer to his bookshelf, scanning it briefly before indicating a dark box with the title of Supernatural emblazoned down the spine. He grinned, still humming the melody line from Heat of the Moment under his breath and jerked a thumb at where his laptop sat, silver and thin, on his bookshelf. "Yeah, I've got most of the seasons of the fandoms I watch on my laptop. It's always good to watch them on something with a larger screen but it's useful, having them on hand at most times." Scratching his hand absently, he reached for his laptop and opened it, quickly finding the folder he was looking for. He switched the screen around and indicated the folders inside. "I've got Hannibal, The walking dead- which I still haven't found time to watch- and most of the episodes for my favourites series."

Väinö wondered where the shelf had come from, as well as the moderately sized TV which took up part of his roommate's wall. He assumed Finnick had built it himself and though the rules forbid such a thing- well, where was the fun in following the rules? Interesting things only happened when you broke the ground rules. Usually, it sent the other students into a frenzy of consternation and it was remarkably akin to a chicken with it's head cut off. "Nice TV. So I've been bunked with a fellow rule breaker. This should be fun." He grinned impishly. He had plaaans.

@Ĺค∂rєภgเℓσภ

Tamar Tehrani
Tamar could see Krystal was still nervous and shy around her, so she continued to sit on her bed until the other girl felt comfortable enough to talk to her or strike up a conversation. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and she pulled it out, quickly reading the message Ryan had sent her and laughed quietly. It seemed her brother was starting his inaugural campus tour for the newbies. Speaking of which, it might be useful to let Krystal know, she would definitely find it useful.
"Hey, Krystal."She smiled at the other girl, waving her over. "My brother's a post-grad and he's doing a bit of a tour for the new people. Would you want to tag along, there'll be some people your age there as well but not too many."

@KayLove

[glow=#FFFF99]Finnick E. Moriarty[/glow]

"I've got Hannibal, The walking dead-which I still haven't found time to watch-and most of the episodes for my favorite series."

Finnick glanced at the silver laptop resting on Väinö's bookshelf. He opened his box set and retrieved a disk. He placed his box on his makeshift nightstand, stood up, and walked closer to his telly. "Not bad, mate," he replied. He inserted the DVD inside the Blu-Ray player. He picked up a remote, turned on the TV, and adjusted the channel. "I'm looking forward to Season 10 coming out. I watched it online, but it will take a few months for the box set to be released," Finnick commented, referring to Supernatural. For a split second, he realized Väinö commented on watching season 9, but ignored it. He planned to watch the season, with or without his flatmate's consent. His television, his rules. Finnick pressed play and stepped back, taking a seat on his bed. He moved closer to his iPod and lowered the volume. Instead of Heat of the Moment, Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin played. Listening to music and watching television at the same time became a habit. Would it bother his roommate? Finnick wasn't sure. Did he care? Hell no!

"Nice TV. So I've been bunked with a fellow rule breaker. This should be fun."

A wolfish grin plastered on his face. "Oh honey, I'm more than a juvenile rule breaker. My best mate from London gave me the nickname Loki," Finnick pointed out. He winked at Väinö before focusing on his telly. Unbeknownst to Väinö, Finnick noticed his wariness. After years at Wisteria, Finnick learned the art of body language and facial expressions. His flatmate was cautious. He wouldn't be an easy target. However, when did Finnick like it easy? He wanted a challenge, especially during his last year. Hopefully, Väinö would last. Would he stick around if he figured out his (Finnick's) true nature? Unlikely. Yet, the thought didn't bother him. Frankly, Finnick didn't care. Once he figured Väinö completely, he would discard the boy and move forward.

@Komorebi

• Love
Krystal Adams

Krystal looked over at Tamar. Going on a tour would be helpful in her time here.
Krystal shrugged, "sure, I'll tag along," she stated. Krystal just finished putting her clothes away and was about ready to head out anyways.
She wasn't sure where the tour was going to begin, but hoped she still get some help with that.
@Komorebi

• Love
[fieldbox="Ariel Rose Hart, magenta, solid"]
At the mention of his hair, Ariel ran a hand through the soft, cotton candy pink tresses. He remembered coming to the decision of dying his hair such a pastel pink. At the time, he only thought about how well it would compliment his eyes and his skin. Plus, no other guys were dying their hair pink at such a time so he stood out, which was fine by him. He also remembered the slight fit that his father had threw and how his mother had to calm him down, while complimenting his new look. In the end, his father came to terms with it and grew used to it. In fact, he began to like it, which made the teen happy.

"Thank you! My dad did have a fit, but he grew to like it. I don't think a streak is all that bad, but I understand if you're worried about your mum's reaction," the pinkette rambled, immediately shutting up when he noticed this, a dash of pink coloring his pale cheeks. Glad that the subject was changed, the fifteen year old answered Ryan's question after surveying his luggage. "We can go now," he responded, deeming that he could finish unpacking later.

@Komorebi
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Tamar Tehrani
Tamar grinned and nodded, grabbing her carry and lifting it over her right shoulder. She quickly checked she had everything, patting her pockets and fishing for her phone once again. She checked the message again and nodded, smiling at the younger girl.
"He'll meet us at the entrance to the dorms. I think he's got a younger student with him so it should be a good way for you to meet some people in your own year."
She opened the door for Krystal and shut it behind them, as she and her new friend headed down to the entrance, waiting for her brother and his tag-a-long to arrive. As they waited, Tamar endeavoured to find out more about her new roommate. "So, where did you go before here?"

• Love
Reactions: Shayla
~ Rosemary Comstock ~

Rosemary eased back on the couch as she giggled unknowingly in echo to that of Aqua's. She straightened herself a bit as she composed herself again. She listened as she dipped her head back against the couch as she settled her gaze on the ceiling momentarily." Me? I'm heading into my 12th year.. Been here since I was at least fourteen. Seems like it was only yesterday that I first arrived here honestly.." She glanced out of the corner of her eyes at Aqua as she swung her hair back over her shoulders. She didn't know whether to be open with the girl... She didn't make friends easily at all.. Her eyes traveled over the fading crowds of people as they all began to settle into their dorm's. She hadn't run into anyone else yet but Aqua.. She didn't mind that and yet she felt like getting out there and meeting everyone else.. Perhaps others would find their way to the common room area later on... Until than she was determined to push herself forward to getting to know Aqua.. She seemed sweet enough and with a constant smile. With that she smiled softly to Aqua as she spoke up in a silken soft voice." So , what brings you here if I might ask? I mean... Some people come here to learn freely others come to just escape home life itself... Always something." Her eyes remained lit with a warm spark played against the hazel brown coloring that always became lit against the light. She draped her leg with ease over the other as she leaned forward a bit to rest her elbows atop her legs. Rosemary kept her gaze flickered between Aqua and the passing students wandering the halls.

@amybri18

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox=Amber Jetson, seagreen, dotted, 10]
17 | 11th Grade | Heterosexual | Dorm Buddy: Dante | Friends: Open | Crush: Open

Amber soon finished packing and stood up straight with her hands on her hips to look it all over. After a few minutes, she gave a firm nod then grabbed her bags and kicked them under the bed. Happy with what she accomplished, Amber turned to face Dante with a kind smile. Her gaze landed on the soccer ball he was playing with and an idea pooped into her head. Looking back at Dante, she crossed her arms over her chest. "How 'bout a game of soccer? One on one." She asked, hoping to pass time with some fun.

@KayLove
[/fieldbox]​

• Love
"Me? I'm heading into my 12th year."

Aqua didn't listen to the rest of her answer. Instead, she just thought about things. 12th​ year? How am I meant to make friends with a 12th​ year? I mean, I could hardly make friends with people in my own year, never mind people who are two years above me! Still, she came to Wisteria High because she struggled making friends, so the only way out was to make at least one friend. Rosemary seemed like the one. Also, she was probably the easiest person to make friends with - they are in the same dorm, after all.

"So, what brings you here if I might ask? I mean... Some people come here to learn freely others come to just escape home life itself... Always something," Rosemary asked softly. Aqua sighed as she leant back in the chair. Great, she thought, Now I have to say that I came here to make friends. Aqua didn't want to be too pushy in the making-friends-with-Rosemary part. Naturally, she didn't want to say this is her possible future friend because it might make her seem desperate. On the other hand, she didn't want to just not answer the question, because that will make her seem extremely secretive. Which she was, but that didn't stop her from telling people stuff. Finally, she decided to answer. "In the village I used to live in, I never made any friends whatsoever, so my parents sent me here," she explained, "What about you?"

@Shayla

• Love
Krystal Adams

Krystal waited a bit as Tamar got herself together before heading out. She stepped out the door and let the other girl close the door behind them .
They walked quietly down to the dorm entrance where they were to meet Tamar's brother for the tour.
Once getting there they were to wait a bit, and to pass the time a conversation was started.
"I went to a public school before going here." Krystal has always gone to a public schools, only because her mom just hasn't had enough time to care. Once hearing about the trouble her brother has been getting into, she thought it'd just be best for the both of them to be sent elsewhere.

@Komorebi

Dante Adams

Dante quietly played with his soccer ball while Amber packed. He didn't want to get in her way, so he stayed put.
A few more minutes has passed until he heard her speak again.
Dante lifted his head in her direction. After the processed through his head a grin spread on his face. "You're on," he said back to her.
He rested his ball on his hip with his arm on top to keep it in place while he went over to the door. He opened it and to be polite he held it open for Amber before he went out himself.

@Ookami

Status
Not open for further replies.