Votes: 8 28.6%
  • neither

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot: Couldn't get decent painkillers because of other medication that you take, and had to be miserable with painful, bleeding mouth-holes for the weeks after getting them out, shuddering before taking the extra-strength prescription ibuprofen which sort of numbs the pain in your mouth, but also drills a fucking hole in your stomach.

It was not a fun time.

I had all four pulled. I refused to be put under (I had a choice of just novacaine, with laughing gas, or being put under) so I chose laughing gas. It went fine. She said I hardly bled and it was a good operation. I could feel when she dug the teeth out (more like pressure) but it was a good thing. I wanted to know what was going on at all times. I didn't eat solid food for like a month afraid of something happening. My first solid piece of food was an ice cream sammich and I only needed the powerful painkillers for the first two days after it. Then I was fine with normal painkillers she'd given me. It wasn't a terrible experience, it was actually how I got into Ouran High School Host Club because I needed something funny to watch and I'd heard it was funny.

I had all four pulled. I refused to be put under (I had a choice of just novacaine, with laughing gas, or being put under) so I chose laughing gas. It went fine. She said I hardly bled and it was a good operation. I could feel when she dug the teeth out (more like pressure) but it was a good thing. I wanted to know what was going on at all times. I didn't eat solid food for like a month afraid of something happening. My first solid piece of food was an ice cream sammich and I only needed the powerful painkillers for the first two days after it. Then I was fine with normal painkillers she'd given me. It wasn't a terrible experience, it was actually how I got into Ouran High School Host Club because I needed something funny to watch and I'd heard it was funny.
When given the option, I always ask for anything that will put me under and make me feel like a drunk asshole when I wake up.

Surgical drugs are hilarious.

• Love
Reactions: Dark_Psycho
I've only gotten one wisdom tooth pulled so far, I'm not 100% sure, but it probably had something to do with the implant I got in the same general area around the same time. Ya see, I just happened to be missing one of my adult molars; it's a genetic thing, I inherited from my mom. The original plan was to just move my teeth over (including the wisdom one) to fill in the gap, but it didn't exactly work out so instead I got my wisdom tooth pulled and an implant shortly after.

Oddly enough, though, I didn't have dry socket or any puffiness/bruising afterwards; just a little pain the following few days and that was it. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Reactions: LunaValentine
damn ya'll lucky

My mouth is a fucking mess. My teeth are either fake, repaired si much they are all but plastic, or otherwise fucked. Genetics+Overconsumption of sugar as a kid=Rich Dentists.

Never had to get them taken out yet!!!

Last time I went to the dentist I had asked about them whether or not I could just keep my wisdom teeth since I was curious and they showed me the x-ray of my teeth. At first they said that if my wisdom teeth ever did crown then I will have to have them removed because my mouth is simply to small and didnt have the room for them. He also said that it was possible that my wisdom teeth would NEVER crown at all. I could see that my wisdom teeth have been capped by my molers in the back. I looked closely and I could see where my wisdom teeth had actually became slightly mishappen because they tried to crown as I grew older but my molers prevented them from doing so because part of my molers sat atop half of the wisdom tooth. Basically two of my wisdom teeth are wedged between my jaw/gums and my molers, and the other two are only slightly capped and could still possibly crown. When they decide to do so it will be incredibly painful lol

I feel like if they were to crown, my wisdom teeth would have done it already. So my situation is a wait and see type of deal. XD

• Love
Never got mine out yet, they only cut up my gums once a month or so. :P

Though I'm wondering if anyone here is a Dentist and can answer these questions.
Have you gotten them checked out? They either sneak up or pop up but eventually they show. Some people are able to keep them, but better to make sure they aren't coming in wrong.

I DON'T HAVE WISDOM TEETH.

By the way, does getting them removed really hurt that bad? I'm guessing a filling is nothing in comparison.
You get numbing shots. It's not that bad, not even the shots. They are quick. The healing process is different for everyone.

For me my face has swollen really bad, I can't even close my jaw halfway but it could be worse. Doesn't hurt that bad.

I haven't gotten mine out, but I need to. They're rotting, according to the last dentist I saw. Unfortunately, I'm terrified of dental work and haven't gone back since the last anxiety attack I had in their chair. x__x I need to man up already.

I haven't gotten mine out, but I need to. They're rotting, according to the last dentist I saw. Unfortunately, I'm terrified of dental work and haven't gone back since the last anxiety attack I had in their chair. x__x I need to man up already.
dude you get drugs so the anxiety won't happen

Your teeth are a direct line to your brain amigo, you're going to want to go in. I know how scary it is, I hate the dentist too. But that could lead into an infection, and there's a chance said infection leaks into your brain.

Mine were coming in wrong on top. The pressure of them against the other teeth caused them to crack. Woke up a couple times with bits of teeth in my mouth. Other times it was agonizing. Spent a whole night awake waiting for my 9am appointment swishing whiskey and rum in my mouth to ease the pain.

Then the dentist tried telling me he wouldn't do it because 'lol you need a cleaning first have to reschedule only next week'. I said fuck you do it and his assistant kept asking why he was so insistent on cleaning first when I was in agony. Something to do with insurance. Needless to say, they got removed. By a shiny chrome mouth crowbar. Though my face was numb the sheer pressure of him pushing against my entire skull..

Uuuugh..

dude you get drugs so the anxiety won't happen
The drugs I was on at my last appointment are part of why I had an attack in the first place. But assuming the stuff they use for wisdom teeth is different, I'll take your word for it?
Your teeth are a direct line to your brain amigo, you're going to want to go in. I know how scary it is, I hate the dentist too. But that could lead into an infection, and there's a chance said infection leaks into your brain.
Noted, thank you. :]

The drugs I was on at my last appointment are part of why I had an attack in the first place. But assuming the stuff they use for wisdom teeth is different, I'll take your word for it?

Noted, thank you. :]
yeah they give you loopy drugs make you funny

Have you gotten them checked out? They either sneak up or pop up but eventually they show. Some people are able to keep them, but better to make sure they aren't coming in wrong.
Already checked them out (with my mirror).
They've been coming in wrong for the last 5-6 years now. :P

I got all four of mine taken out at the same time like a champ when I was 15. I have, according to my dentist, 'the world's tiniest mouth,' so there was simply no room for them to grow. My regular teeth are cramped enough as it is. I was super lucky, though - no swelling, no bruising, no dry sockets, not even a lot of pain. I was good to go in about three days.

The most interesting story I have to tell about getting my wisdom teeth out is that I can no longer drink grape juice, because grape juice + bloody cotton = a bad time. It's a shame, because I really loved grape juice up until that point...

• Love
Not 100% relevant, but here's a basic visual for people trying to picture the teeth coming in from underneath.

tumblr_n6t7xcR6uc1qzcf71o1_500.png

Last edited:
mine are impacted (or at least that's what I think they're called) and one is so close to my sinuses, I also have to get my back teeth filled down once a week. ow.

I'm a freak of nature and only had two wisdom teeth to begin with, one in each opposite corner of my mouth. Top tooth came out without issue. Bottom tooth was about half grown in, still in the gum, so it had to be dug out. I... don't think I got either dry socket or puffy? I know it didn't get puffy and bruised, but I have no idea what dry socket even is, so I'm just assuming that it didn't happen.

I got all four taken out

And I woke up in the middle of it

Right as they were taking one out

8D

Status
Not open for further replies.