Winter's first call.

• Thread starter The Fox and The Spider
  • Start date
Vampires had high tolerance for the cold. Their bodies usually remained in one temperature despite whatever's going on in the outside. But despite this, the wind was still a bit strong which prompted Valeria to pull her coat closer to her body, essentially hiding most of her face. She hated snowflakes getting in her face. She looked up and she could almost see nothing but a massive gray blankness ahead. They stayed outside for awhile, making sure the caravans were secured well. She never did figure out what was written on that paper, or what supplies they were picking up from the village. But she figured she'll find out eventually.

She looked around and found a silhouette a few meters away from them. She could tell that it was Saryn. She kept a close eye on him but he didn't make a single move. He just stood there, seemingly waiting for something to happen. She turned away and stood next to Ivana. Whatever his business is, she didn't dare get involved in.

Sayrn stood there watching her to see what her next moves will be. He desperately wanted her to read that paper. Using his powers, he used the wind to contact Valeria and this time Kityana. Saryn is a complicated creature and what his interest in Valeria? No one knows. The caravan started to move, after everything was secured.

Sayrn, kept his distance staying in the shadows, following them hoping that Valeria would talk to him again and this time with Kityana as well. Valeria and Kityana heard Saryn's whispers and decided to stray away from the caravan. Kityana and Valeria, walked a good distance behind the caravan, hoping that Saryn would reveal himself and he did.

Valeria nervously followed Kityana. She knew they needed to get the caravan out soon when the weather's not that hostile. If Kityana's willing to stop the caravan, then it must be very important. The fact that she'd let Valeria come along is an even bigger surprise. They stopped in their tracks just a few meters away from the guardians so they could remain in a good view should anything happen. Ivana had started surveying the place for any sign of danger. Kael kept an eye on their doyenne and her daughter while Molrim stood guard by the caravan.

Valeria stood a step behind Kityana as a sign of respect and acknowledgment. No one must turn their back on their matron as it is very disrespectful and often punishable. However, keeping just a small step behind means you are of a high position in your clan or rather you are next in line. Despite Valeria's seemingly disobedient ways, she was trained well and she knew her place.

When Saryn emerged from the shadows it felt as if the very air around them has changed. Her uneasiness grew so she took a small step closer to her mother to claim some sort of comfort.

"Well, well, look what the wind dragged in," chuckling slightly. "You are a wise Kityana, always knowing what's best for your clan." He focused his attention towards Valeria, "I see you didn't do what I asked earlier of you, Valeria. Oh well, at least I got you two alone now." Trying hard not show his dark side. He walked towards Valeria, circling her; "My, my, very beautiful, for a vampire. taking her beauty in."

Kityana stepped forward protectively, "What do you want stranger? Why are you here? Go back where you came from. You are not wanted here."

Saryn chuckled loudly, "I can't do that, even if I could go back, I can't." His dangerous side is coming out. "Read the paper Valeria and show it to your leader.

Kael has sensed something wrong and started walking towards them stealthily, hiding himself well in the shadows.

Valeria took the paper from her mother's hand and opened it.

"It's in Elven script. I can't read it."

She looked up at Kityana. Elven script hasn't been used in hundreds of years. And only elves are supposed to know how to do it. But awhile ago, it appeared as though Kityana could read it. Why was that?

"Mother," she looked up at Kityana, confusion clearly evident in her face, "can you read Elven?"

She looked at the paper and starts to read it. "You are a messenger, from Elvesenwood, and that you're master requires our alliance?" Kityana questioned, "But why my clan?" She looked at Saryn confusedly and back to Valeria.

"Valeria, return with the others. This is something I must speak about privately. Kael stay close in case anything happens."

Valeria hesitantly nodded and left. She still did not understand how her mother knew how to speak in Elven. She asked to be taught by Ivana, who was also her mentor, but Ivana has told her that reading Elven was not important seeing as how nobody spoke the language anymore and it won't be used again. It was a dead language for the rest of the world.

She reached their caravan, looking for Ivana.
"How come mother knows how to speak in Elven when you've already told me it wasn't important, Ivana?" Ivana looked at the future doyenne, her face lacking that of any emotion.

"That is not for me to answer, my liege. You can ask Mistress Katyana. Only she can answer that."

Valeria was agitated. She wanted answers. It wasn't fair. She also knew she was acting like a spoiled rotten brat. She calmed herself down and looked back at her secretive mother. She's kept a lot of things from her, sheltered her from most of the world despite repeatedly telling her to learn how to do things on her own. She watched as Katyana and Saryn talked in hushed tones, wondering what in the world could they possibly be talking about.

"Fine, we'll make an alliance. Next time choose wisely about who you are going to talk to about this kind of stuff. It would have been much appreciated if you talked to me in the tavern, instead of staring." Kityana said protectively and went back towards the coven. "Kael, let's go." Kael followed her and the caravan continued their journey home.

Saryn thought about everything that Kityana had said. "She was right, I should've just gone over there and spoke to her directly about these kinds of situations. Next time." He went on his way back to Elvenswood to talk his leader about the vampires decisions.

It was time for Kityana to confess her secrets with Valeria. Knowing that her daughter would be extremely upset with her.

They've traversed silently through the night until they found another shelter. It would take 2 more nights before they reached their homeland. Valeria has taken it upon herself to remain focused on her book despite dying to know what in the world was going on. There's time for everything, she thought. But time's a harlot because it screws everybody. She sat on Molrim's seat at the caravan as he has abandoned it to survey their surroundings along with Ivana. No one has said a single word ever since they left Saryn. But they were all used to the lack of human voices however, that doesn't mean they weren't always listening.

Kityana noticed Valeria's behavior, "Everything okay, you seem a little distraught about something. Do you wish to talk about it?" Kityana wrapped and arm around her daughter, "We're almost home, and we won't have to do this till next year, be grateful, young one that you're not doing this now." She looked at her and kissed her cheek softly.

Valeria was surprised at the show of affection Kityana was giving her. Kityana maybe her blood mother but it seemed as though their relationship was that of a student and a mentor. Yes, she was overprotective, but that was only natural because Valeria was next in line. She became wary of Kityana's change of behavior ever since they've arrived at the tavern. However, she still had questions and she'll take whatever answer she can get.

"How are you able to read Elven when only Elves can read it? Elven blood must flow in your veins to be able to read their script, I know that much. So how is it possible that you are able to understand it?"

She looked at Valeria and sighed, "I lived with the Elves for sometime, I was taught to speak and write in Elven. Saryn was there when I was. So his business is very important. I was traveling at the time and was attacked by wolves. Saryn found me and The King of Elvenswood took me in and healed me, there I learnt their way of life and everything in it. No, Elven blood does not flow in my veins, if it did I wouldn't be a vampire I would be one of them instead."

She wrapped an arm around Valeria, "I have many secrets, that no one really knows. The way that I am with you Valeria is because I love you and I want you to be safe, at all times. The Elves are basically family to me, and with that family to us. That is why Saryn gave you the paper, because he thought you were able to read it. He didn't know that couldn't.", Kityana looked at the paper that was given to Valeria. "Dangerous times are coming. We must prepare, the elves would be on our side, including the deer-lady."

Both of them came to the tavern in search of Kityana to make alliances and prepare for the uncertainity that was coming. They had to make sure that they were all on the same side.