INTEREST CHECK Winter is Coming...

H

Harma

Original poster
So, was thinking of doing a sort of "Song of Ice and Fire" Role play. If you have not heard of this, it is a series of novels written by George R.R. Martin. Here is a short synopsis:

The story of A Song of Ice and Fire takes place in a fictional world, primarily on a continent called Westeros but also on a large landmass to the east, known as Essos. Most of the characters are human but as the series progresses others are introduced, such as the cold and menacing supernatural Others from the far North and fire-breathing dragons from the East, both thought to be extinct by the humans of the story. There are three principal story lines in the series: the chronicling of a dynastic civil war for control of Westeros among several competing families; the rising threat of the Others, who dwell beyond an immense wall of ice that forms Westeros' northern border; and the ambition of Daenerys Targaryen, the exiled daughter of a king who was murdered in another civil war fifteen years before, to return to Westeros and claim her rightful throne. As the series progresses, the three story lines become increasingly interwoven and dependent upon each other.

If this does not help please contact me. So, what do you think?

Reactions: 1 person
I think its a great idea but combining 3 plots into one can be quiet difficult. But again, that is my opinion ^=^
I still like it~

I would love to join in a game of thrones type of RP and omg i cant wait for the second season btw lol

Knight! I love your avatar picture <3 Link

I think that....

Winter is coming!

I'm interested! I've only watched the TV series, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on the story.

If you need any help finding more players, or developing the plot let me know : )

I am definitely interested. But how are you going to do this? Are we going to play canon characters? Are we going to create new characters to replace the canon ones? Or are we going to play less important rolls, but still within the world? Also how strict are you going to be on lore?

I am definitely interested. But how are you going to do this? Are we going to play canon characters? Are we going to create new characters to replace the canon ones? Or are we going to play less important rolls, but still within the world? Also how strict are you going to be on lore?

I am currently brainstorming ideas. Also, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to PM me :)

I would prefer to play original characters, but have them take the place of the canon ones. We could play through the same sorta storyline, but maybe because of different dissensions it could change. And I really don't mind bending or even outright breaking of lore, because this is RP/Fanfiction let your imagination run wild.

Ok i have decided that i will let you vote for what you want the most! XD OK here it gos:

1. An alternate story; ex. Eddard stark doesnt die, Bran is not pushed from the tower, or even Roberts Rebellion was crushed and the Targaryens still rule, etc.

2. Entire new storyline.

3. DESTROY all Lore; which basically means what hunter said: bending or outright breaking the lore. ((2 votes))

4. Create New Noble House ((1 vote))

5. Mix Them all together. ((1 vote))

The choice is yours, my people.

I'd like to see a new storyline. My vote is for #3! I think combining some of the lore from the story with our own imaginative twists would be good, too.

Yes I agree October. Yes lets base our roleplay around The Song of Ice and Fire and try to keep true to that sort of style, but let us twist and turn plot and lore to whatever we want. We can maybe use parts of the old storyline, but we will change it to make it interesting.

Btw, I've only read Game of Thrones and im part way through in Clash of Kings so I don't know everything just from what I have read so far.

I am not able to choose D: But if I like an idea that comes up, I will let you know =w=

If you're looking for suggestions, I'd recommend an approach a friend of mine took when running a GoT Tabletop RP.

The essential themes of the series is political intruige between the noble houses of Westeros, with lots of backstabbing, shenigans, wars and other such things occuring as a result. So I'd suggest you make your game focus on a noble house of your players' creation, one who's members you all play. Thus you can still follow (or ignore) the events of the books/TV series, but you also aren't forcing anyone to play a pre-existing character they have little say over.

The creation process would be quite a lot of fun, if nothing else; together you all come up with a name, history, relations with other houses, a noble banner and so on. It can be as in-depth as you want it to be. From there you can play archetypes similar to the characters in the series if you want; the Restless Bastard Son (Jon), the Cunning Leader of the House (Tywin Lannister), the Ambitious Mercenary (Bronn) and so on. Or you can go for something completely different; the choice is up to the player.

But yeah, just mah thoughts on the matter. It's a cool idea for an RP; I'd be interested in playing though I'm stretched pretty thin at the moment.

If you're looking for suggestions, I'd recommend an approach a friend of mine took when running a GoT Tabletop RP.

The essential themes of the series is political intruige between the noble houses of Westeros, with lots of backstabbing, shenigans, wars and other such things occuring as a result. So I'd suggest you make your game focus on a noble house of your players' creation, one who's members you all play. Thus you can still follow (or ignore) the events of the books/TV series, but you also aren't forcing anyone to play a pre-existing character they have little say over.

The creation process would be quite a lot of fun, if nothing else; together you all come up with a name, history, relations with other houses, a noble banner and so on. It can be as in-depth as you want it to be. From there you can play archetypes similar to the characters in the series if you want; the Restless Bastard Son (Jon), the Cunning Leader of the House (Tywin Lannister), the Ambitious Mercenary (Bronn) and so on. Or you can go for something completely different; the choice is up to the player.

But yeah, just mah thoughts on the matter. It's a cool idea for an RP; I'd be interested in playing though I'm stretched pretty thin at the moment.

Awesome idea!! My vote has changed XD

I like it. But my original plan was to have multiple characters, like maybe one with each of the main three plotlines.

I like political intrigue with wars, backstabbing, blackmail, etc. And that is a large part of the books, but what about the Others and dragons and stuff? If we do this we are going to end up in only once place while events are happening all over the world.

I say we could do this, but if we do have characters in other places with other plots as well.

I think we should start with the same setup they have with GoT; The Hand has been killed, the King is coming to see Lord Stark, etc. We can create new characters that are apart of the story, and there actions may change or it may not. We could have a noble house and have them maybe focused in one area, but still allow us to create other characters.

Basically I like the idea, but I think it would be to narrow a part of the world.

That's a hell of a lot of plots for one GM to cope with.

If Harma reckons he can, though, that's cool. Just having to run seperate plots in several distinct locations is quite a lot of work.

Thats true.

I don't think I'm that interested in playing one noble house so count me out if thats the plan. Have fun though. =D