Winmeir Tech - Capitalism Means Progress

• Thread starter Iron Men And Saints
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah. Everything is fine." Chaos rolled her shoulders. "T-Thanks for asking."

The clock said ten more minutes till arrival.

"Oh shit. Alright when we get there, just remember to follow me. It's easy to get lost at our entrance. We are going to be in New Shang Hai City in the Verdict. There will be a lot of hawkers and people trying to sell you trans tickets." Chaos sighed. "Just follow my lead. So any questions say them now."

Sylus thought for a moment before asking, "Is there a moment we could spare to getting me some clothes that, you know, stick out less? I'm all for being the odd-man-out but I don't think it suits the situation." He rubbed her shoulders as he talked, his gaze staring at the 3D map again. If it didn't feel like he wasn't a hazard already the clothes would not have bothered him as much, however, with the apparent attention the group had gained his current attire made him feel like a walking neon sign. "If it isn't too much trouble, that is."

"Of course not, it will be fun." Chaos looked at him as she sat down at the controls and began to press a few buttons. "What kind of style would you like? The Hub has this great shopping center that suggests stores based upon your preference. We can go there first if you like. There's everything from suits and fedoras to full body hazmat suits. So long as you are flamboyant and stand out a little, you are in style. And well I guess if you weren't standing out you would stand out because everyone else is wearing fancy clothes but thats beside the point." Chaos glanced back at you. "We can hack an Insta-ATM for the money."

"I almost don't care as long as it's comfortable," he said. Actually, he thought about that statement for a moment. "I can't really say I was one for much color so... We'll see when we get there. I'll try to think of something see we don't end up just walking around." He walked around the ship, his thoughts buzzing all over the place; from his lost memory to the state of the ship to who the people were they were going to pick up to up to what he should wear. There was so much to think about but he just wanted to get some ground under his feet. The way things were at the moment he could not even stand; he was floating in the air surrounded by some fog of consciousness.

"How about..." he trailed off, unable to make any actual sentence. He shook his head and sat back down on the steps, only to jump back up. "Ah... The floor's wet... How much longer to the Verdict again?" He stood next to her.

"I believe zero seconds. Go open the door we came in through." Chaos stood up stretching her back shutting down the machine.

Once you opened the door you were greeted to a stair case which glowed at the sides, the room was a vented tunnel leading up to a glass door and a porthole out. Through the vent holes in the side you could see train tracks and a few repair men. They wore yellow rain coats and baseball hats. A uniform it seemed, they all had a big CT ( Construction Team. ) written with white letters on their back.

"Alright follow me!" Chaos opened the port hole which opened to a RAC ( Repair Access Corridor. ), she went up it climbing around the odd pipe or two and she opened another port hole and climbed out into the the light rain. "Come on." Chaos whispered back.

Once you followed her up she opened and closed a door to what was a RAC Tube. Chaos rolled her arms and looked over the trans station. There were two guards nearby wearing similar uniforms as the CT crew but they wore bullet proof vests over their rain coats and held guns at their arms. Beyond them was the Tram Station, a few trains and a huge crowd. The crowd was dressed rapidly different, there was everything from cowboys, business men and skimpy clothing. The people wearing the last seemed rather cold.

"So where did you want to go first?" Chaos asked Sylus, her face bright with excitement. She put her goggles back on and payed pocket change for an umbrella at a nearby vending machine.

RAC Entrance:
Cyberpunk_by_TheoSchacht.jpg

The Hub Trans Station:
049_max.jpg

Sylus followed her closely through the RAC until they came out into the trans station. Looking at that crowd he felt even more out of place. His hair was pelted with tiny droplets until it started to stick to his face and neck, which he didn't seem to notice until Chaos had returned with an umbrella. "Oh, yeah... How about clothes, I stick out worse than a sore thumb." He looked around, searching for some place that sold headgear and obnoxious accessories. There was a shop that had lights lining the doorway and into the store a little further down the way. He was sure he saw an advertisement for neon pants going across the scrolling sign. "How about that place?" He didn't really want to go wandering off without Chaos to guide him. Sad, yes. Safe, that too.

Chaos shook her head and grabbed your hand. "Come on, we are going to get you something that actually looks good and won't fall apart." Chaos put on her lower face mask. She walked up to an Insta-ATM taking off a backpack. She took from it an airsole can, a tiny little computer with a mem chip in it, a screwdriver and a mini torch. Chaos sprayed a spot on the Insta - ATM, as far as you could see it did nothing. She then took the minotorch and began to burn off a small locked compartment on the bottom. Once she cut through it going through the metal easily she used the screwdriver to take off the hidden screws and opened it typing on her little computer, taking the mem chip out and plugging it into the Insta-ATM. It was rather fast and confusing for Sylus.

Money poured out, lots and lots of Neon chips poured out of the machine and Chaos began scooping them up. Once the machine was finished she put the last of it, almost tripling the weight of her backpack and then screwed it back up. The job was done as she began to walk away.

"Alright, we are going to go into Market district. I'll give you a little bag with more than enough money and a headset. The headsets are linked, we will be able to find each other. Once you get there, I'm going to be getting whatever security off of our asses and you will be shopping. Just ask one of the AI bots for help. Say you want clothes." Chaos took a deep breath. "Understood?"

Sylus blinked at her, still somewhat lost in the whole...whatever he just saw. He shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut. "I'm sorry, you're gonna have to repeat that for me. Wait...what's wrong with what I was looking at?" He was both offended and lost completely. No, not upset, just caught off guard a bit.

"Well. Those clothes come in two sizes, large and small, none of which tend to fit people. Those clothes are scratchy, expensive, horrible looking and well fall apart easily. You want something that will last you." Chaos shrugged. "Unless you wanna have to work your ass off to be able to afford a new pair of really tight neon jeans every week, I would suggest getting something else." Chaos's was slightly annoyed but managed to keep her mood and slightly sarcastic tone at a manageable level.

Sylus dropped his shoulders and rolled his eyes. "Fine, you obviously know better than I do. Now, seriously, what did you say? I'm still a little slow." That and the fact that she was about to leave him to his own devices. He would hopefully get through there quickly so that they could get back on track. He wanted to meet this Angie person. He nodded as she told him, once again, the plan. He would have to move very quickly. The idea of her being pursued was not pleasing regardless of the fact that she could probably handle herself fine.

Following the signs it wasn't hard for you to find the Market Area. The place was lined with ads and signs. People everywhere, consumers and merchants. There seemed to be several robots stationary wishing people a good day. The rain still pattered and there seemed be a crowd gathering around something, you couldn't see what it was but plenty of people were talking about it. From what you could hear there was a sort of extreme sale going on.

You could see plenty of clothing shops, even sex shops and pawn shops. There was a map of the place, apparently it went up three stories high and covered a large area. You saw a couple signs for movies, most of them said something along the lines of "Rocky Horor Picture Show Here Tonight!" and "Cthulhu Versus Godzilla Versus Robotic Nightmare!" The chips Chaos had given you didn't seem to be much, a white chip, five blue, six red and about ten greens.

neuromancer___cghub_illustrated_contest___wip_by_sourgasm-d4vjzkm.jpg

His previous idea of moving quickly was shattered when he saw the Market Area. There buildings and people all over the place, all set so close together. He took a calming breath before delving into the crowd, knowing full well that he was going to get lost. Crowds were not his thing in the least. "I need to find one of those robots..." He looked over the crowd quickly and was able to spot one close by. Sylus hurried toward it with as little pushing as possible. Lucky for him a bunch of people had been attracted by a sale and lessened his unease. It was an amazing area to see with all of the shops sitting around; he almost wished he had more time to look around.

Sylus walked up to one of the robot's stationary and paused. "Excuse me, uh, I need help finding a store to buy clothes," he said cautiously. He could remember the burst of energy he got when working on that last program down to the last few seconds and realized he got the opposite feeling from the robots. "Can you help me?" It just felt wrong asking a robot to help him find his way around. Then again, he could go off on guts alone and get himself lost or worse. This just seemed weird.

"Good morning! You're looking for clothes? What kind of clothes are you looking for? A more classical era look? Are you trying to get into a Night Club or impress a boss in an interview? I can point you towards all kinds of clothing stores! I can even design you an outfit and have the clothes brought to you within five minutes!" The Robot looked at him. "So what will it be?"

tumblr_mdz8jzeRH81rkwfgyo1_500.jpg

The possibilities were rolled over in his mind. He wasn't really a classical type of guy... "How about just plain functional? I have the feeling I'm going to be dong a lot of running around today. A decent pair of pants, a clean shirt and some durable shoes is all I really want. I'm sorry if that's a little vague, but I just want some clean clothes." It was the truth after all. Bright colors were not his friends, netted shirts and tight pants were no-goes, baggy clothes were not the most comfortable- he had actually kind of made it easy for himself now that he thought about it. "Can you you show me to a store that doesn't sell anything that glows?"

((I had an idea of something like this
Psyop%20Top%20Male%20FM.jpg
Enemy%20Engaged%20Pant%20FM.jpg
Let's say the boots have less height, about half of what they are in the picture. Plus he still has the goggles from before.))

Status
Not open for further replies.