WINGS-Atrox Anhell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezra put away her sketch book after a few more minutes and snuck into the still empty teacher's lounge. She went and sat in a corner inconspicously and waited. Hopefully one of the two would show up soon. Ugh, and I thought teachers were the ones supposed to be on time. This is ridiculous. Well, if they aren't here in fifteen, I will go to each of their offices and find them. She nodded to herself and stared at the door as teachers started to wander in in groups of ones and twos to have their lunches. None of them noticed her there in the corner. She smirked at that. Noone ever really noticed her, and today, she was thankful for that, she guessed.

When lunch came Around, Nobody at the school seemed much interested in anythign but the rumblign storm outside. storms like this had prevented the construction of the school for nearly two years of construction instead of the scant few months it SHOULD have taken.

It was a myth everyone here knew well.. Beware the storms. they brign only destruction. Off ont he ocean, every eigth or so flashed of lightning up int eh clouds seemed to be a brilliant scarlet instead of the usual yellow or pure white light.

The crimson storms... another myth of Granite point... the devil lives int eh crimson storms, coem to sow the seeds of destruction ont eh land that he harvested fromt eh souls of the wicked at sea.

-----

Jareth Wandered Into the teachers lounge sluggishly, his left hand in his pocket and his right held up to his shirt, hanging from the buttons loosely as if it pained him.

The fencing instructor had small beads of sweat on his brow and whipped out a handkerchief of silky cloth to dab away at thema s he went to the fridge beside Ezra and pulled out his lunch.

"Didn't see you in class today Ezra. i thought you appreciated the art." he said, less an accusation more of a sheer statement.

She had been engrossed in her drawing from the night during break and didnt see the fencing instructor enter the teacher's lounge. So, when she heard the refridgerator open she almost bolted from her seat. Her head snapped up and she gave an annoyed stare to the instructor.

"I was...preoccupied today. I appreciate all forms of art." She looked down at the drawing and then back up at Jareth. "Did one of your students finally wound you?" Ezra smirked almost to say, as if. "Professor Jareth, there is an actual question I have to ask you." She paused and looked cautiously around the room and lowered her voice. "What was it you and Professor Balthazar talking about earlier? Does it have something to do with this?" And with that she handed him her drawing. The one of the moth with the words written perfectly in its wings.

Balthazar sauntered into the teachers's lounge as Jareth and Ezra were talking. "Good day again Jareth." He said without emotion and seeming preoccupied. He went to the counter and pulled out a small bottle of rum from his jacket and poured it in to a cup. He brought the cup to his lips just noticing Ezra in the lounge as well, "I didn't think that students, even ones who are smart or know who to play the game, were allowed in here." He eyes told them that he is comment about playing the game was directed at her. He turned to Jareth, "I think that we need to have a match after classes have ended." He set down the cup empty and walked out.

Jareth dropped his lunchbag and his jaw dropped. he quickly recovered after a stale moment and blinked several times.

"Dios Mio... w-where doid you.. i mean when.. and how... how do you knwo about these words?!" he whispered urgently, almost seeming annoyed, poking her tummy with the notebook accusingly.

Balthazar heard the chattering gibberish of his colleague as he left and instantly reentered the room. He made a B line to Jareth and looked at the note he was poking the the student. HE took it without hesitation and read it over and over to make sure he was looking at the right words, "Where did you find this and how did come about to having it." His eyes looked angry at the secret be found out so fast.

"hey I-" he cut himself short. Balthazar didn't over-react... EVER.. infact, he almsot always seeemd to make ti a point NOT to react at all to such things but.

"jesus wept, Czar.. don;t tell me YOU've seen it to?" he whispered, his accent thicker now, a sure sign he was upset. he felt his palms getting sweaty.

Ezra turned her head and gave a slight smiling snarl to Balthazar. "Well, you just have to know how to be inconspicous and be creepy enough to go unnoticed to get in here." She reached to take the notebook from Jareth as he was poking her incessently with it, when suddenly it was snatched from his grasp and ended up in Balthazar's hands.

"Give that back to me you artless heathens, you'll ruin it." she hissed at them, standing up and giving BOTH of them a death glare.

She stood there under both men's gazes, "I was going to ask you the same thing. S-something happened to me on break, and it had something to do with those words, they were the last thing I remember seeing." Her voice dropped to about a whisper. "Well...one of the last things..." she trailed off and her hand subconsciously went to her opposite shoulder as she stared at them. "You two saw it too...?"

Gabriel laughed along with his friends as they looked over at some photos from their parties. He had gone to at least 2 with the generation he was with and other 3 with former Seniors. He sipped on his coke innocently as some teachers passed by to go to the teachers' lounge and then continued laughing, the drink almost coming out of his nostrils. The storm outside didn't make him flinch even a bit as the lightning flashed like a picture being taken every 5 minutes. He then decided to hang around the corridors for a bit before going to back to class and cause more trouble, but as he went by he turned and entered the bathroom, taking off his jacket and shirt and turning to look at hiimself in the mirror. He cursed under his breath as he saw the tattoo on his back. 'It's bigger. This thing's growing, I know it' he thought as he pulled his shirt on again and combed his hair with his hand, the green highlights flying around.

The storm of lightning and blackened clouds crept slowly across the horizon towards granite point. The rotating beam of the lighthouse on specters bluff across town on the granite cliff started its slow dull rotation, casting its rays over the harbor… however; the light was diminished greatly by the darkness of the approaching storm. A single vessel, tattered and going full bore towards the harbor rang out its mayday call. Three men were injured, and as the ship literally crashed into the dock, its captain shuffled off the deck and latched onto the harbormasters pant leg.
Panicked and bleeding from his temple, the man recounted a story of viel winds, hailstones the size of soccer balls… and shadows in the dark brine.
<o:p> </o:p>
AND THEN THE ANNOUNCEMENT CAME OVER THE INTERCOM…
ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS, THE NATIONAL WEATHER ASSOCIATION HAS ISSUED A SEVERE STORM WARNING FOR OUR AREA. AN ELECTRICAL STORM CELL IS APPROACHING GRANTIE POINT WITH DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL EXPECTED, PLEASE EVACUATE TO THE STORM SHELTER, WHOSE ENTRANCES ARE ON EITHER SIDE OF THE <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">MAIN</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">BUILDING</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, AND AT THE NORTHERN END OF THE GYMNASIUM. I REPEAT…
The message burped over the intercom several times as the teachers began shuffling their students to the doors that lead down into the basement storm shelter. Food stocks, cramped rooms with military-esk cots to sleep on, and diesel generators filled the place with a musty smell of damp stone as the groups of students and instructors began to fill the place.
Several minutes later, the sounds of the storm above them shattered the drone of muffled conversations.
The headmaster stood up on a chair and put his fingers in his mouth, whistling loudly for everyone to be silent.
"Alright everyone.. Please calm down. Now I know some of you are rather anxious, annoyed, and even a bit perturbed by this. But I and the staff would like to assure you that in this bunker, you have little to fear. Cell phone WILL work down here, and there are plenty of restrooms.." he droned on and on and on about how safe they were, and how everything was going to be alright.
What the headmaster wasn't telling them was the story the fisherman had told. Soccer ball sized hail was NOT going to calm down the students of this VERY luxurious campus.

Gabriel Lucas Flint had endured various storms during his life, but never had he gone through one that made the school evacuate everyone into the storm shelter. As soon as he heard the cell phones would work in the place they were, he immediately took his out and sent a message to his uncle. He wasn't that fond of him, but he was the only one that actually talked to him in his family and, no matter how much he tried, he couldn't bring himself to hate him that much as to wish him dead. After his cheap cell phone beeped after the message was sent, he looked around over the heads of everyone and tried to find a place to be alone and be able to read a comic he had saved from his bag. He made his way to a corner and leaned on the wall, cautiously taking out the copy he had of a comic issue and started to read. He covered himself wrapping his jacket around his shoulders and tried to hide from Professor Balthazar, mostly because he new that even with a monstrous storm roaring outside and every student in the same room, Professor Balthazar would still follow the rules of the school. Gabriel clicked his tongue and shook his head as he saw a girl stumble between the crowds.

Ezra took a step back from the teachers and turned her head to listen to the announcement. She was always overly paranoid and something like this, didnt help much. She gave that paranoid stare at Balthazar and Jared and headed downto the bunker.

Once down there she went to a corner and took out her notebook and started to draw. She listened to the headmaster and she sighed. "Alright, so we all know how safe we are in here. So, what is it youre NOT telling us?" Her voice was steady and could be heard over all the students as she sat in the corner, her back against the wall.

Balthazar looked around as if he had not heard the girl standing next to him. He was making sure that all the students he knew were here and safe. After a few seconds of looking he spotted Gabriel looking rather supicious. He liked Gabriel he was a good student, but he also liked to challange the rules of authority in the school and be the quinessential class clown. Balthazar contiuned to ignore the Ezra and walked over to Gabriel. "What are you hiding from, boy?" Balthazar inquired to the student. He pulled back the jacket and saw the comic strip. He grabbed it and began to look over it smirked at a few. He gave it back to Gabriel and then with a stern face and voice said, "You should be done with that soon I hope. After that you can read this and learn about your country and how it should run." He pulled out a pocket constitution and held it out to Gabriel.

Gabriel chuckled lowly at his reading, enjoying his time alone, only to cover it under his jacket when he saw Balthazar approaching him. He threw his hands in his pockets and looked away, tryng to look innocent but failing at it. The teacher got to him and took his comic. Gabriel found his smirk somewhat annoying and creepy, he only smirked when he won an argument in class. Gabriel gulped nervously but hid it from the teacher. He suddenly looked confused at his remark and took the book from his hands, eyeing it in his hands. "I'll consider it, Professor. In a while maybe, if the storm decides to stay with us". He smirked smugly and waved at him. "I think you have more people to look out for. Me? I'm just another Senior who can look after himself."

Balthazar looked around the room, "I have no one else to look out for. The fencer over there can handle himself and many others just fine. The student next to him can handle herself. And yes you can handle yourself, even better than most if you would stop fucking around in classes and pay attention. But overall you are not just a normal senior." He looked down at Gabriel with stern hard eyes that come only from experience of having to stay serious in the most hilarious of situations and even more serious in more difficult times. The storm began to agitate his back a bit but he kept his composer better than he thought he would. He looked over at Jareth wondering if he too felt it. And then the word again ATROX ANHELL. He pressed his hand to his forehead grimacing.

"there is something... unnatural about thsi storm." Jareth said quietly as he leanedforward in his chair, looking down at the table infront of him. he criss crossed his fingers and set his elbows on the table, contemplating those words... Atrox Anhell. why did they plague him so?... perhaps the squirming visions plagueing his dreams were more than just visions afterall

A loud crack resounded above their heads. the first bolt of lightning hit,a nd the first boom of thunder shook the earth around them like a quake!

Balthazar's back still hurt but he forced the pain away. The ones around him began to holler and scream at the quake. He stood up, "Everyone," He said in his best commanding voice, "Keep calm this will all be over sooner than you expect. You will all go home safely. Its just a storm." Or so he told them. To him there was something more to this than anyone else knew. But what was it?

Gabriel had a hard time trying not to laugh at everyone around him. Some people ran around in circles and suddenly were crashing into each other, others just started having hardcore panic attacks and the rest were screaming around for it to end. After his confrontation with Professor Balthazar, he was actually having a good time in school. It had been a hard time to stay serious as he seemed to stare into his soul with those cold eyes of his. The lightning didn't scare him a bit, but the thought of maybe not surviving this one storm sent a shiver up and down his spine. And still, there was something that excited him about this. There was just a moment then where he thought he was going to go crazy because of the screaming of everyone else; he had seen two so familiar words engraved on the wall: ATROX. ANHELL. Only that it had to be an optical illusion because they disappeared instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.