Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
High fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by modern fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.
This is a method of roleplaying that has been with me for a while, but as of yet I have seen no such ideas here. Hopefully you guys won't consider it too out of the ballpark.

So, here is what I am looking for.

I want someone with no attachments to endings.

What that means to most of us is that I am not looking for complete stories. This is, in a way, therapy for me. It is my alternative to anti-depressants. I want to find a partner who is willing to run with some of my most outlandish ideas, things that just sound downright fun. But then, as soon as the story is no longer a burning passion within me, I want to move on. That is the important bit.

I want to be able to move on at the drop of a dime.

Sometimes that may be because there is nothing left in that particular plot. But most of the time it will simply be because I have a new idea, one that intrigues me more than the one we are currently writing on. As soon as we both feel comfortable with the idea, we start it, and it goes on until I'm done.

Time for some Q&A:

Q: What kinds of stories are you interested in, Peregrine?

A: Truthfully that varies. Most of my stories do contain some form of supernatural or heavily psychological aspect. I do not do slice-of-life very well, if that is the only element. I am even worse at romance slice-of-life. That may very well be a reason for me to give it a go, but mostly I'll avoid it. However, I do love what I deem "episodic" plots, which do not have one over-arching plot. I love being able to play with a badass, and right now I'm really in the mood to play one. Other than that, I'll go for almost anything. I don't have any big no-no's except pure romance.

Q: What are you going to expect from me?

A: Well, other than flexibility, I only really have two criteria. One more important than the other. The less important one is post length. I need a good solid paragraph or two in most posts, otherwise I simply lose interest. The occasional post that has a little less is ok, but if it becomes a frequent thing you and I probably won't get on so well. But more is always welcome. The more you give me, the more I will purr at you.

The second thing is activity. I need someone who can reliably post every day. Preferably multiple times a day. I want these stories to progress quickly, if at all possible. I understand completely about the demands of real life, and how randomly the lazy-monster can strike. But if you know you are someone who has to work until 9 every day, and then has to study for test most of the weekend... as much as I love to chat with new people, I might have to ask you to pass this up. I am a patient person, and I can never hate someone if their life suddenly becomes busy, but this idea... simply requires activity. I will do my very best to match however fast you post, so it will be a two way street, but if you don't think you can post on average every day I'd rather not find out once we've already started.

Q: How long will this last?

A: That depends on what you mean. An individual story will never go on for longer than two or three weeks. But, as for our partnership, I want that to last as long as it can. My partners are very important to me, and saying goodbye always makes me very, very sad. I want someone who is willing to sign up for the long haul. I will understand if you have to leave, but please don't just suddenly drop me. It breaks my heart.

Q: What if I don't want the story to end?

A: Unfortunately, this is not the place where a story can last forever. Right now, if we are both active, I am thinking that most stories would last for just over a week, or around three pages. If it really means that much to you, we can set it up somewhere else, so long as you keep active on the rotating stories as well. Otherwise, feel free to take it back to this board and look for someone a little more attached to endings than I am. Just so long as you let me read along.

Q: What if I don't like the story you are proposing?

A: Then we won't do it. I am not looking to force my ideas onto anyone, and as much as they might excite me, they might seem completely boring to you. I would hope not, but it is always a possibility. I always have a few ideas that I am excited about, and I will keep throwing them at you until we find one that makes both of us happy. Likewise, should you simply be done with a certain idea we have started, let me know and we will move on.

Q: Can I offer my own plot ideas?

A: Sure! I can't guarantee I'll want to go with it, but I will definitely strongly consider it. Most likely, I will be willing to give it a shot. So if you have any characters that have just been burning to shout out at the world, this might be a good chance to give them a test run. The only problem with us trading plots is that we might wind up trading stories a little more frequently, since my ideas will still be coming at the same speed.

Q: Do you do fandoms?

A: The short answer would be no. But the long answer revolves around several different forms of maybe. I am perfectly happy to take a story as a source of inspiration, I do it all the time, but I do not believe that any story that is already created has everything perfect. I like being able to make a change to something, and I can't do that with a fandom. However, with these shorter stories, I might be more inclined to say yes. The lovely thing about fandoms is that the lore is already set up. Under the right circumstances, that makes things nice. So, while my tendency would be to say no, this may be one of the few times you could persuade me. But I will be doing more original plots than fandoms.

Q: How should I contact you?

A: For the most part, I respond better to PM. But, if you found this at the bottom of the page and I haven't already marked it filled, a friendly bump letting me know you are interested and planning to PM me would be very welcome.

Q: Is there anything you are forgetting?

A: Yes. I'm sure there is. Why don't you help me out by asking a few more questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.