Will You Be My Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
America heard her name and slowly sat up just as she saw Aryn next to her. "What?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around her knees and hugged them tightly to her, despite the pain.

Aryn let out a small breath of relief as the princess sat up. "You do realize that's two heart attacks in one day that you've given me." He stated with a small laugh. He saw the tenderness in her movements as she pulled her knees in closer. "Are you alright?" He asked, looking at her carefully.

"Just a scratch," she said shortly as she gave a small shrug. She went to stand up though the pain in her hips and part of her clothes now stocking to her where the wound was stopped her. She looked down and slowed her movement as she sighed softly.

"America, a scratch doesn't impede movement." Aryn spoke softly, a worried expression on his face. "Let's go have Miss Marie check it out, please?" He asked as he looked over her. Curiosity got the better of him. "What did you do?"

"It's nothing," she said as she turned and slowly stepped off the steps. "I just ran into a table," she added with a shrug as she slowly headed for the kitchen.

Aryn sighed softly at her stubbornness, but gave up attempting to reason with the princess. Instead he walked along next to the princess. After all, she shouldn't be wandering around the castle alone this late at night.

America fixed her another bowl of apples and carefully say down, wincing in pain as she closed her eyes. She began to eat, hoping it would distract her from her writhing pain.

Aryn stood in the doorway, watching the princess wince and carefully move about. "We both know you're hurt, and it's painful to watch." He spoke simply.

America jumped slightly, having forgotten he was there. She looked down and signed. "What do you want me to say? I was walking in the hallway and I rammed my hip into the corner of a table and now there's a gash and its bleeding through my pants," she said as she looked up at him.

"Let's go get you fixed up then. Miss Marie's good when it comes to fixing things." Aryn spoke softly. There was a tenderness in his eyes with these words.

America hesitated briefly before letting out an exasperated sigh and eating one more slice of Apple. She slowly stood up, groaning softly in pain as she slowly walked over to him and out the door, the pain only increasing with each step.

Aryn watched as the princess walked out. "Do you want me to carry you?" He asked, a bit embarrassed himself for asking such a question. His gaze was fixed ahead as they walked down the dark corridor.

"It's not a matter of whether I want you to or not. But whether or not I need you to," she said truthfully just as she felt a sharp pain in her hip. She cried out as she leaned up against the wall, her hand going straight to the red-stained spot on her shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.