Will You Be My Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But we aren't the same person. It needs stitches," she said as she looked at him. "At least let me help you," she said as she moved through the crowd and began slowly walking to her room.

"America, there is no way that I'll let anyone get close to my face with a needle." Aryn stated firmly once they were out of the ballroom. "I do not do needles." He stated with a small laugh.

"Don't worry," Anerica said with a smile as she went upstairs and into her room, leaving the door open for him. "Come on," she said with a small laugh as she looked in her bag for some supplies. "It's either one needle or staples," she said as she raised an eyebrow.

"America, I said no." Aryn stated stubbornly, not wanting anything to do with either option. He stood in the doorway with his arms folded across his chest. "I just need some alcohol, a wash cloth, and a couple bandages." He listed the items he needed, silently praying that she wouldn't make things difficult for the both of them.

America turned around and narrowed her eyes. "Aryn, I said let me help you. You can't be this superman character and you've helped me so much so let me return the favor damn it!" She said, her voice raising slightly before she brought it down to barely a whisper. "Please..."

Aryn let out a soft sigh as the princess raised her voice. A small amount of color had worked it's way to his cheeks. His voice quiet and holding a bit of an embarrassed tone, his eyes didn't lift from the carpet as he spoke. "I'll end up fainting." He admitted. "You don't want me to pass out in your bedroom just about as much as I don't want to end up passed out in your bedroom, alright?"

"Please don't tell me what I want. If you pass out then so be it. I want to fix your wound," she said sincerely, not judging him about passing out. She had come to realize it was quite common for people to be afraid of needles.

"And you can fix it well enough with a bandage." Aryn stated simply, still attempting to avoid getting stabbed repeatedly in the face with a tiny metal object.

"Fine!" She said as she threw the supplies on the bed in frustration. She took her hair down before brushing it and putting it up in a messy bun. "Fine," she said softly as she sat down at a piano in her room.

Aryn frowned softly and made his way into her room. He picked up the items he needed and slipped off into the bathroom to get himself cleaned up a bit. He returned with a couple bandages holding the cut together, the bleeding had stopped. Without a word, he left her room and took a position outside her door, guarding her.

America waited for the click of the door before kicking her shoes and dress off. She banged on and kicked the piano angrily before screaming and throwing one of her shoes at the wall, watching the heel imbed itself in. She pulled on son jeans and a tshirt before sitting and putting her head in her hands, crying softly.

Aryn stood silently outside the princess' room, guilt coming over him as he heard her temper tantrum of sorts. His attention shifted to where he heard footsteps coming down the hall. Giles wore a troubled frown on his face as he approached the extremely pissed off looking guard. "Why the hell was a Stein supporter on the goddamn guest list?!" Aryn snapped sharply at the chamberlain.
"I'm not sure how. You and the princess can have as much time as you need to recuperate from tonight's events." Giles sighed softly, looking towards the closed door. "It sounds like she's taking it pretty hard." A small frown was on his face.

America slowly calmed down though her breathing was still ragged. She closed her eyes before standing up and sitting at the piano quietly. Glancing at the shoe still embedded into the wall, she sighed and slowly raised a shaking hand to the keys before beginning to play.

Aryn and Giles continued to talk quietly outside the princess' room, building theories as to how that man had gotten into the castle in the first place. It was a rare moment where the two actually got along and worked together, this occasion mainly because of Giles' guilt. "All the guests have left the castle, so you can go get some rest now." The chamberlain finally stated, and Aryn made his way back to his room.
His cousin would be arriving tomorrow. Which meant that he'd probably have to listen to another girl cry. Which made him really hate himself because he didn't know how to make it better.

America looked down as she let the tears fall and shined softly as she played. She finally stopped and stood up, walking slowly to her door.she knew her outfit of choice wasn't normal for a princess but she didn't care. She opened the door and walked out, not saying a word to Giles as she kept her head down and walked slowly towards the staircase.

The sword in its place in the corner, armor in a heap at the bottom of his wardrobe, Aryn sat at the foot of his bed thinking. He was dressed in a simple navy blue long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans, his gaze fixed on a stack of blank paper on his desk. In the silence of his room, he wondered just how well things would go tomorrow.

America, with her eyes down, didn't see where she was going. She ran straight into a table in the haway and cried out in pain as she held her hip tightly. She slowly kept walking and carefully began heading downstairs.

Aryn's room rarely picked up noise from upstairs. It was tucked away near a few storage rooms in a naturally muffled part of the castle. He'd picked this room because of the quietness, thinking that no one would go and play music in the middle of the night. He hadn't heard the princess' pained cry.
Coming to the realization that there wasn't a chance that he'd get any real rest tonight- his nerves were shot after the attempt on the princess' life, and guilt over making the princess cry was plaguing him- Aryn stood up and left his room. His feet were silent as he slipped through the halls, walking for the sake of walking, pretty much.

America finally made it to the bottom of the stairs and sat down as she felt a slight wet spot where she had hit herself. Looking down, she noticed that the wetness she felt was blood but she didn't really care at that moment. She leaned back against the stairs as she closed her eyes and slowly began to relax.

Aryn rounded the corner and stopped short in his stride as he spotted the princess laying at the bottom of the stairs. "America, princess?" There was a small amount of alarm in his voice as he called out to her. His feet quickly carried him to her side.

Status
Not open for further replies.