Will You Be My Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
America turned around once she stepped in her room and sighed softly. "I'm sorry about earlier," she said softly as she looked down. "I'm not used to people telling me what to do or trying to blame other people for my actions so I just...snapped," she said as she kept her head down, unable to look up.

"Hey, take it easy on yourself, princess. You need to explain that to Giles, not me." Aryn stated softly, gently patting her on the head. "And I can handle my own fights." He assured her with a smile. "Goodnight." He stated and began to walk to his own room.

America closed her door without another word and sighed as she sat down on her bed, her head in her hands. She allowed her thoughts to wander before finally getting up and locking her door, beginning to wonder if this princess thing was for her. She changed from her dress into a nightgown after getting a bath. She brushed through her hair, leaving her door locked and laid down, closing her eyes.

Aryn reached his room and let out a soft sigh as he entered the small space. He removed his sword and placed it against the wall in the corner of the room. He'd been putting the sword there since he first had the room. He removed his armor, put on some night clothes, and collapsed onto the bed. He had a long day ahead of him tomorrow. Closing his eyes, he easily drifted off to sleep.

America had a bit of trouble falling asleep and eventually gave up. She stood up, smoothing out the white gown as she unlocked her door and looked around. She silently walked out of her room and found her way to the music room, sitting down on the bench in front of the piano, and began to play softly, closing her eyes.

The very faint sound of a piano playing caused Aryn to blearily open his eyes. Who the heck was playing around in the music room at this hour? He slowly dragged himself out of bed and out the door. His bare feet didn't make a sound as he made his way down the hall. His soft black shirt and pants helped hide him in the darkness of the castle. He stopped outside the entrance of the music room and leaned against the door frame, his arms folded across his chest as he watched the princess play.

America slowly stopped playing and sat her hands in her lap quietly. She stared at the keys for a few moments before lifting one hand and slowly beginning to play Fur Elise without a word, unaware that Sir Aryn was there watching her. She smiled softly as she played, feeling a familiar calm wash over her.

Aryn almost felt guilty as he thought about disturbing the princess when she looked so calm. He watched as she began to play another song. He really should be sleeping right now, not watching the princess. But he couldn't leave her all alone, either.

America slowly finished the song and sighed in relief. She turned to get up but froze at seeing Aryn. "Umm...I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you Sir," she said a bit shyly as she slowly stood up and placed her hands behind her back.

"You really shouldn't be wandering around the castle alone late at night." Aryn sighed and straightened out his shirt. He stepped out of the doorway, allowing the princess to go first.

After straightening out her gown, she sat back down and turned to the piano. "I'm not going back to my room. I couldn't sleep so I came in here," she said as she looked down at the black and white keys, running her hand along them gently.

Aryn frowned softly, pinching the bridge of his nose at the princess' stubbornness. "Well, can you play quieter, then? Please?" He asked tiredly. He needed to get to bed, but with the princess up playing piano, there was going to be little chance of that happening.

America stood up silently and shoved her way past him. "Fine," she said a bit angrier than she intended though she didn't stop walking. She walked into her room and slammed the door, not caring who she woke up, and locked her door.

Aryn glared after the princess as she stalked away, and brushed off the spot where she made contact with him on the way out. He silently returned to his room, gently shutting the door behind him, and settled down on his bed. He eventually fell asleep.

America sat silently against the door and put her head in her hands, knowing she wouldn't sleep. She stared out the window and it didn't seem like too long before the sun began to rise.

Aryn awoke just before dawn the next morning, tired, sore, and still relatively mad about last night. He kept all this to himself, however, as he got ready for the day. He put on his armor, clipped his sword to his belt, and headed out the door.
Leaving the main building of the castle, he crossed the courtyard and entered the training hall. Several guards were awake already, honing their combat skills. His long day would consist of training and improving the skills of his men. Observing, offering suggestions, and even sparring with the men, Aryn was in complete control. His mastery in combat had earned him his position as captain of the guard, and only when someone reached the same level as him would be even think about relinquishing his position.

America, severely tired from lack of sleep, forced herself to stand up. She sluggishly made her way to the closet and dressed in a simple yet elegant blue dress with a pair of black heels. She did her makeup and pinned her hair up before looking in the mirror, knowing that anyone could see she was lacking sleep. She walked out of her room and downstairs to the kitchen, ignoring everyone she crossed paths with.

Aryn was in the middle of sparring when a wave of dizziness came over him. He ended the fight and steadied himself against one of the pillars until the world stopped spinning for a second. This was a common thing when he didn't get enough sleep, thankfully none of the other guards ever ratted him out for this. In a few minutes, he was back to correcting the others.

America are in complete silence and slowly made her way out to the garden. She sat on the bench facing the woods as she sang softly to herself.

Aryn left the training hall after a few hours. He needed some fresh air. His footsteps carried him to the stables, and from there, he spotted the princess sitting on the bench. He frowned softly, then went into the stables to tend to his horse. The red mare let out a whinny in greeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.