Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Barlow

Kate smiled at him."Ye be far from home stranger. As for staying out of trouble you are from doing that. you see I needed a few things in town before I head to Dead man's gully and well I need your assistance to take me through town. See them outlaws I was talking about, be me darlin. Now No funny buisness ya hear. Now go on and get on that horse their." She said "Gun still pointed at him." She walked behind him and waited for him to get up and pulled herself up behind him. She took her hat off and his weird hat throwing it to the ground and placing her hat on his head."Loose that and your a dead man." She said. " Let's go boy." She whistled to the dog at her heels and kicked her horse to go. She wrapped around the stranger as if he was her husband and she was his wife riding into town, as they rode she looked him over. she handed him her canteen"Here water drink some you look like you could use some to wet that whistle." She said. She was definitely now pissed she had to go to her boss in the gully. He be a dead man if she got caught in this.

once in town she stopped the horse at the Saloon."Don't be getting any bright ideas about hollering out who I am understand I just want to get my things and get out, and you will go free after I get to the gully." She told him. Kate maybe an outlaw, but she never went against her word.

Kate put her hair around her as she went to grab and pay for things. She made sure to grab more water and another canteen for him with water in it. She had made him come with her. Her hand in his she pretended they were together. once back at her horse she wrapped her food up and put it in the saddle bag."Your almost free to go.Few miles out of town into the gully and Scott free to come here and get a ride home." Kate told him.

Mentioned: @MST3K 4ever

William Compton

"Aye steak and potatoes sound good and more water." He said drinking down his glass quickly. He drank another glass and another. He would drink whiskey but not when water was a lot better. He kept and Eye out the window of the Saloon as he thanked the Saloon girl. He ate slowly and adjusted his white ten gallon hat. he had put his feet on another chair while eating and leaned back stretching. He was still drinking water when his eye's landed on a female riding with a male She was wrapped around him. Though he was wearing odd clothing and she didn't seem to be the usual hose wife.However his attention was forced back to Tala when he heard her talking about him."Hmm cards No thank you ma'am, but I wouldn't mind the company and some tales on your adventures. He said and moved his feet as he scooted the chair out for Dan and Tala." I am sure our bartender wouldn't mind joining us."

Interacted: Tala Dan Sally Hanson @Explodinator @YuriLucien @MST3K 4ever @Timber.

Interaction: @Explodinator

"Iowa huh?" Reginald asked, still looking at man a bit suspicious.The name did give him a bit of relief... Iowa did stood on Union's side. He did remember that one of soldiers from his squad was from Iowa, explaining strong support state showed toward Lincoln. Then again, he could be lying, trying to find easy way under Reginald's sight. He scanned man up and down, checking his clothes yet again. As much as he could tell, he doesn't seem like soldier and no slaver would travel all the way to Deadwood just to stir trouble. At least that was Reginald's reasoning. Man just might be what he claims to be and for the moment it will be enough.

"What? You traveled all this way just so you can get lost?" Sheriff asked with a slight chuckle, unsure if man will understand the joke or not. It won't hurt to tell him, it's not as if location and name of town is a secret "Well, you're standing in peaceful town of Deadwood." He said after he regained his composure and cleared his throat "Built in about fifteen years, now just about over five hundred souls wandering around, tryin' to make a living."

He turned his torso to inspect the town. It may not have been the prettiest or busiest of towns but far from the fact it wasn't promising. Gold rush didn't leave Deadwood untouched and many came with prospect of getting rich. River did have gold, but not 'as big as fist' as some proclaimed. Mines would have much more than river itself but then again, mining was not exactly easy job. Reginald turned to look at Rusty.

"If you wanna get your wet your throat, I suggest you get to saloon. Whiskey is horrible but... company ain't bad. Just make sure you don't stir trouble, or get in one... There's a natives here, if they don't shoot at you first, don't draw."

One more thing bugged Reginald. He was good at remembering face but every face needed a tag on it "What's your name?

[Fieldbox=Doug]

th

Doug accepted this assignment on behalf of the Government, because not only was it something never been tried before but more than likely it would be the assignment that would put a star on his shoulder. Once he was promoted to General, Doug would be willing to start marking the days until his retirement. If they ever got home Doug was ready to put in his papers then and there. All things considered Doug's time in the Old West was off to a dubious start to be kind about it. He was being held hostage, and though he had enough military training and a weapon on him, for all he knew if he defended himself and killed this woman who knows what future events he could trigger. Doug could wipe out an entire generation in the future with his actions right now. Doug got on the horse and merely nodded saying, "No trouble from me ma'am." Even if he wanted to signal someone for help it could lead to a possibility of getting killed in the cross fire. In that case leading to his children being wiped out of existence. Doug wasn't exactly a big fan of that possibility.

As the horse went through the time Doug took a good look around and was wondering if anyone would recognize the woman holding him hostage. Not to mention what the reaction would be of the others who came with him. He didn't even know their names. Everything was kept quiet in the interest of National Security and wanting to keep this kind of thing a secret from the public. Doug thought about making a break for it in the store, but he didn't exactly blend in and she would be able to find him easily since he had no idea in terms of lay of the land either. Doug mumbled to himself, "On the whole I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
As they prepared to get back on the horse Doug replied, "I don't exactly have a lot of choice, but to trust you." He glanced down as they were now holding hands and said with a smile back to her, "Dear." Doug couldn't show any fear at this point. If he did and others sensed it this could get ugly fast. Doug got on the horse and held out his hand to help her up. He asked, "Just so I at least know whom I am dealing with what's your name?" Once she said it Doug replied, "Ahh okay figured if we're together the least I could do is know who my kidnapper is." With that Doug gave the horse a slight kick and the horse began to trot away. Doug was keenly aware of what was at stake here was not only his life and his children, but what of those he served with? If something happened to him here, then what about the North Korea raid? Doug enjoyed the book "Frankenstein" a lot, but right now the irony of playing God in this setting wasn't making Doug feel very good.
Interactions
@~Dark Disney~

[/Fieldbox]

[Fieldbox=Dan]
th

After dealing with a less than textbook Bounty takedown the fellowship in the saloon was a welcome reprieve for Dan. He said to Tala, "Sure the more the merrier." It was moments like these that Dan appreciated meeting new people that he probably wouldn't have to either tie up and drag off back to jail, or in a lot of cases, kill them. When she offered to gamble Dan merely shook his head. However, in this case it was a good thing, because it meant the Tala was ready to unwind for a bit. They had been going at it good lately and some down time was long overdue. Again, though if a huge bounty came across to them they would have no issues with putting on their guns again and heading out to the open horizon. Dan replied, "I'm in if we get things going. I could use to fatten up the bank account."

Once William joined them Dan looked at the saloon owner and said, "Yeah I'll bet it is hard getting quality stuff here. This town is kind of quiet for the most part, and that is a good and a bad thing at the same time. Good thing because not a lot of trouble here, but a bad thing considering we don't get a lot of commerce in here." Dan threw back his shot and motioned for another shot. Once he got it he merely nodded at Sally and took a slow sip this time. He was going to enjoy this smooth whisky from New Orleans.

Dan chuckled and said, "William you have no idea some of the tales we could tell both good and bad. However, we're still here walking above ground. So I'm guessing you can say that they all have a happy ending."
Interactions/Mentioned
@Explodinator
@YuriLucien
@Timber.
@~Dark Disney~
[/Fieldbox]

Sally hustled about, placing shots on the bar top and bringing out food to the customers. It wasn't long before she started to work up a bit of a sweat. When things had settled down for a moment, she took a break to have a glass of water. She shook her head at the offer to gamble."I don't have the money to gamble. I'm saving what little I got."

Sure, Sally had big plans for a little girl. Save up the money, move out of this dead end town, find a good strong man, and start a family of her own. It wasn't the rough and tumble life of a cowgirl, but Sally found interest in much simpler things. She enjoyed her peace and quiet, and she enjoyed making a house into a home. A shooter of whiskey or a cold brew once and a while was all the thrill she needed at the moment. She was young still yet, but she still worried that her time to start a family was running out. The majority of women she knew around her age had children already, or were married at the very least. She just kept reminding herself that the right man would come along when he did.

She moved backbend the bar, reveling in the short break from the normal hustle and bustle of the day crowd. Her customers had their food, and had their drinks. Now all that was left was to refill the glasses when she was asked. A simple enough task.

[fieldbox="Avery Everette, blue, solid"]

ViyCWSZE.jpg

The stranger that strode in had Avery with his hands up, as he had never been around a horse. He knew they could kick a person to death and wanted nothing to do with them, but before he say a word, the owner was demanding orders. The smell of the pet was obnoxious and he covered his nose with the back of his hand, "Holy crap! No, I'm not pet-trainer. I don't unsaddle," He cringed away from the horse. To anyone else the grand beast was a prize, but to him it was loud and smelly. "And, no, I don't want your money. I just want to know where I woke up." He could that he made the beast uneasy and flung both arms back up, surrendering, "It hates me."

He breathed in, both hands out again, "I get it. I'm hungover, but give me a bone here. I'm here for a reason, right? Is it a joke?" He ran his hands through his hair. He was a city boy, so the smell and dust already told him he wasn't home. He just didn't understand how much he was lost. The tech-kid ad no idea he was in the real wild west.

"Can we get a drink?" He looked at the stranger, "Or some dope? Either will help me clear this up."

[/fieldbox]

@Vellum

[fieldbox="Tala, violet, dotted"]

Watching the crowd around them, as some new and old joined, Tala had her usual raised brows. It was intriguing to watch people. Copperhead had a way of alluring others and she wanted that as he was talented and sharp. She loved gambling and was hoping to play, but William wasn't in--and then she waved Sally over, offering a two dollars, "Are you any good? If so will you play at some point? I can't seem to convince Mr. William here." She smiled at him, then back to her mentor, "Although, Copperhead is the best of the west." She enjoyed the simple rhymes.

She threw back her own shot of whiskey and shook her head, careful not to lose her hat. "If you want stories, Mr. William, we have many." She took a swig of water after that, not wanting to allow the drink to consume her. Her DNA did not permit heavy drinking and she knew that in spite of her love of the flavor. Her heritage did produce enough vitamins and that could lead to mishap.

Her sight was starting to grow shaky and she sat up straight, ready to stop, despite the temptation to drink more. Tala tucked her hat on tighter and leaned her elbows on the table.

[/fieldbox]

@MST3K 4ever
@Von Claussen
@Timber.
@~Dark Disney~
@Explodinator

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Rusty
Outside Sheriff's Station
boy33.jpg
"My name?" Rusty hesitated, not sure if he should answer. He quickly tried to make sense of the situation. The lab, the flash, waking up outside and meeting the sheriff of a town he didn't know existed. He had every right to be suspicious about the situation. Then again, he is the sheriff. If I can trust anyone here, it's him. Rusty gave the sheriff a friendly smile.

"Name's Rusty. Simple, but it serves it's purpose, eh?" He stuck out his hand for a handshake. "And if you don't mind me asking, what's yours?"

Hanson Wickersham
Silver Spur Saloon
courtright.jpg
"It's been a while since I heard a good story..." Hanson mused, letting his mind drift back to his old friend. He quickly snapped himself out of it. Thoughts of him came with bad memories, and he'd rather not have an emotional breakdown in front of the entire bar. Shaking his head, he turned his attention back to the group of patrons before him.

He eyed the newcomer suspiciously. William, from what the Indian Woman called him. Hanson never truly trusted the cowboy type. Most of them that he'd met were either outlaws or drunk out of their minds. It made for bad company, and bad business. Even so, he was willing to let the man earn his trust.

"So. William, was it?" Not waiting for a reply, he continued, "can I get you something?"

[Fieldbox=Dan]
th

Dan looked over at William and asked, "Not interested in cards?" Shaking his head once he said, "No problem. It's not for everyone and that's all right with me." He took the deck of cards, walked over to an open table and began to shuffle them. Dan also moved the cards around within the deck and smiled when Tala said he was the best in the West. Dan replied, "Well let's just say I've won more than lost. Not that I'm exactly sure how much that is." He winked over to Tala, because she knew that Dan knew exactly how much he had won since their time together. Dan smirked with a bit of pride as he said, "I do believe that I'm one of the few people who has actually managed to win against Doc Holiday on more than one occasion." Dan nodded a bit as he began to think about his friend and said, "You hear a lot of things about Doc, and most of them all true, but one thing that I can say about him is that when he gives you his friendship it's for life." Looking at Hanson he said, "If i should run into him I'll send him here. I think he'd like this place and it's never boring with Doc I can tell you that."

Once he stopped shuffling he used his foot and gently slid out some chairs and said, "The table is open to all who are interested." Looking back to William he said, "Interesting stories I think we can spin a yarn or two. I know you ain't playing but you can sit at the table." Dan held up his shot glass and said to Sally, "Another one for me, and anyone who joins in they get two on me." Dan put twenty on the table and said, "Keep the change." He then put the deck on the table and said, "All right someone cut the deck and let's play."
Interactions/Mentioned
@Explodinator
@YuriLucien
@Timber.
@~Dark Disney~
[/Fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.