Whyyyy!? What's the point?!

So how do you think?

• Why would they do that?

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • It makes sense that they did that.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Doesn't matter to me, but I feel sorry for the Chinese Otakus out there.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • You guys deserved this.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Screw governments, and communism.

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
You had to show the rest of that scene?!

Damn you, Gwazi!

It's mean to call me a weeaboo. You'll pay for that.

It's mean to call me a weeaboo. You'll pay for that.
Where I come from weeaboo is a compliment though.
It means you're a cool weeb who likes animu. :3

America is like that but no one understands >>

Except I'm Canadian. :P

I know. That's what I'm saying. America is like that too. They don't get it. :P

Not in North America though... :/

Weaboo isn't a compliment anywhere. Gwazi is applying his own warped views of the world again. Weebs be weebs. Obssessive NEEEEEEERRRRRRRDS

Hellis needs to get out in geek culture more. :P

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Everything in America is a derogatory term.

"Ermagerd, stop being so thin skinned!"
I Identify as Ameri-kin and this offends me! >:(
My Triggers are stuff like: Exercising and Russians.

Everything in America is a derogatory term.

"Ermagerd, stop being so thin skinned!"

So apparently "You're cute" and "You have dimples" and "I want to pinch your cheeks" is all derogatory. Wonderful.

Where I come from weeaboo is a compliment though.
It means you're a cool weeb who likes animu. :3
Absolutely nowhere is weeaboo a compliment. Some groups might co-opt it in the same way Tyrion does the word Imp or some members of the military community Infidel, but it straight up is 100% derogatory.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I went over this is history once. The chinese government has a policy about controlling what its citizens are allowed to view. There was a big event where the chinese military shot and killed college students for going on strike, and if you try looking it up while connected to chinese internet, you won't find it anywhere, not even google. They probably blocked some anime because they either praised or represented western values, as the chinese government practically hates western ideals. That or they were overly sexualized, or ecchi. The chinese government is extremely controlling.

@Gwazi Magnum

"Weeaboo" is derogatory. It does not simply say that you like anime -- it means that you obsess over it in a really obnoxious kawaii desu holy shit I'm so Japanese you guys desu desu sort of way.

If anything, "otaku" is a term that could be taken different ways depending on context since, in English-speaking contexts, it usually just means "fan of anime" in a generally non-derogatory way, even though in Japanese it more accurately refers to an obsession of any kind and usually is derogatory. So, "otaku" is probably the word you're searching for, actually.

"Weeaboo", though? Always a derogatory term. Always.

Reactions: chainedfiction
I went over this is history once. The chinese government has a policy about controlling what its citizens are allowed to view. There was a big event where the chinese military shot and killed college students for going on strike, and if you try looking it up while connected to chinese internet, you won't find it anywhere, not even google. They probably blocked some anime because they either praised or represented western values, as the chinese government practically hates western ideals. That or they were overly sexualized, or ecchi. The chinese government is extremely controlling.
kristof-tiananmen-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

Said incident.

Tiananmen Square, June 4 1989. The military cracked down on pro-democracy protestors, many of them students, with about 10,000 troops. Anywhere between 400 (low estimate) to 1000 (high estimate) people died. So yeah, China's government is kind of a bag of oppressive dicks.

kristof-tiananmen-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

Said incident.

Tiananmen Square, June 4 1989. The military cracked down on pro-democracy protestors, many of them students, with about 10,000 troops. Anywhere between 400 (low estimate) to 1000 (high estimate) people died. So yeah, China's government is kind of a bag of oppressive dicks.
Yea I just couldn't remember the exact details. And it happened right in front of Tiananmen Palace, that big red building you always see in videos about hong kong (Most notably as far as I know, Karate Kid, jaden smith edition. Where they go inside the palace)

Status
Not open for further replies.