Why is this news? o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm gonna say is..

If Politics are a circus then I'm just a clown that squirts anyone who looks like they need it. Regardless of affiliation.

[spoili]I don't watch trump events. I don't read much trump news. Never seen a single speech. Same goes for the other side. I'm a custodian. I know for a fact everyone's shit stinks, regardless of views. It's just too much fun to see feathers ruffle by saying I support him. [/spoili]

[spoili]also everyone's cool until you bring up politics. I'd like to get to know some folks better if we never brought that up except to laugh at each other's side being stupid[/spoili]

I'm a freakshow exhibit. Come look at the malformed terrible progressive!

@Hellis I was making the comment about the entire thread in general, you included. Then pointed out the general culture of bipartisanship as @Dervish mentioned in an off-handed way. The objective was to be the middle man in pointing out that Windsong's allowed to think differently and be critical of viewpoints and popular figures I like (or that anyone else likes) without being attacked on a personal level for it.

I actually thought your post was fine. It's just that if I'm going to be a middle man, I can't pick on anyone in particular. I have to address the argument and/or situation as a whole, in all its parts, and deconstruct it. Otherwise, I'm just taking a side.

Sorry if it came out as a potshot at you. I'm feeling under the weather and vomiting my guts out every couple hours here. Hard to keep my language empathetic rather than cold when I'm worrying about vomiting all day. You're fine. :ferret:

EDIT

Also, post was on topic. John Oliver is a celebrity and people were defending him as their sole source of information.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Alright, in an attempt to make this thread more friendly again.

Like I've said before, my main news sources are Jon Oliver, Bill Maher, Steven Colbert and Phillip Defranco (and yes I do keep in mind three of them are meant to be comedians).
But like @Brovo said, having more news sources is always good so I have a question.

Do you guys have any news sources you like that you'd suggest? Preferably those that I can find online rather easily and can also be fun/entertaining? Note I'm not asking for sources with 100% accuracy, that'd be impossible. Just those that generally accurate/take time and effort into being accurate.

I personally draw upon a shitton of different sources for news. If a story is interesting, I cross-reference it with other outlets and sources.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Windsong
I even went to Fox News once. But i got lost in the talking points when they began talking about "Mama Jeans".

Do you guys have any news sources you like that you'd suggest? Preferably those that I can find online rather easily and can also be fun/entertaining? Note I'm not asking for sources with 100% accuracy, that'd be impossible. Just those that generally accurate/take time and effort into being accurate.
vqXGZNW.gif

Disclaimer: Your Mileage May Vary. I'm gonna cite a bunch of different types of people, small and big. Anyone can feel free to criticize this list and suggest their own. The more the merrier.
The Mercer Report: Politically independent Canadian commentator in the same vein as Stewart or Colbert.
The BBC: A major news network that, surprisingly, still sometimes features actual news without trying to always spin the shit out of it. Personally I recommend their international news on Africa & The Middle East for a center-left view of things.
Rebel Media: Primarily Canadian (though sometimes International) news outlet with a center to mid right leaning. Likes to criticize liberals and culture especially.
Factual Feminist: #BASEDMOM. In all seriousness though? She's a feminist who talks about feminist things.
Last Week Tonight: Yes, I criticized it. That doesn't necessarily mean that you can't watch it, it just means that, like everything else on the list, you should question everything being told to you and look into it yourself. Your enlightenment is on you.
Sargon of Akkad: Basically just yells at articles on the Internet, but sometimes goes out of his way to do hour-long commentaries on various political schools and theories. Like the Alt Right, or Progressivism. Put him on in the background to revel at the excess of human stupidity.
Gawker Media
CTV News: It's government-owned and legislated specifically to try and provide accurate news to the people. It, largely, succeeds. Albeit, anyone who threatens its funding, often doesn't get positive reviews, so take anything they say about federal budgets with a little bit of salt.

Beyond that? Idfk. Look things up yourself. Contrast various articles from various places, don't take your news from just one source if you're going to invest any time and energy into it. Support people with golden hearts and not the charlatans with pretty faces who will read you Wikipedia articles for 200,000 dollars. Ask for numbers wherever you can. Think for yourself and be careful about taking a side unless you have evidence on your side. Always be willing to change your opinions, no matter how emotionally charged you may feel about them. Always be willing to take a step back, and most importantly of all...

Don't listen to people who tell you to hate someone else because of what they are. People can't control what they are. They can control who, they can control how, they can even sometimes control why, but not what.

Everybody's human first. No matter how much you may loath them, or the things they say. Keep that in your mind, and be on guard for political biases, and be willing to change when the facts present themselves differently to what you believed... And you will find yourself on the path to wisdom before too long.

EDIT

Quick correction on CTV, it's not government owned, it's owned by Bell Media. Sorry about that. I was going to double check before posting but almost vomited and decided that the toilet was a superior option to the keyboard. :ferret:

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
The Mercer Report: Politically independent Canadian commentator in the same vein as Stewart or Colbert.
The BBC: A major news network that, surprisingly, still sometimes features actual news without trying to always spin the shit out of it. Personally I recommend their international news on Africa & The Middle East for a center-left view of things.
Rebel Media: Primarily Canadian (though sometimes International) news outlet with a center to mid right leaning. Likes to criticize liberals and culture especially.
CTV News: It's government-owned and legislated specifically to try and provide accurate news to the people. It, largely, succeeds. Albeit, anyone who threatens its funding, often doesn't get positive reviews, so take anything they say about federal budgets with a little bit of salt.
Sweet, I'll give them a check soon (and by soon I mean when my chicken wings are done in the oven).
Factual Feminist: #BASEDMOM. In all seriousness though? She's a feminist who talks about feminist things.
Last Week Tonight: Yes, I criticized it. That doesn't necessarily mean that you can't watch it, it just means that, like everything else on the list, you should question everything being told to you and look into it yourself. Your enlightenment is on you.
Sargon of Akkad: Basically just yells at articles on the Internet, but sometimes goes out of his way to do hour-long commentaries on various political schools and theories. Like the Alt Right, or Progressivism. Put him on in the background to revel at the excess of human stupidity.
I already watch Factual Feminists and Sargon (+TL;DR who'd I'd suggest to Sargon Fans), I just didn't bother listing them though because they specialize in feminism/social justice rather than news overall.

And I did also just mention watching Jon Oliver. :P
Beyond that? Idfk. Look things up yourself. Contrast various articles from various places, don't take your news from just one source if you're going to invest any time and energy into it. Support people with golden hearts and not the charlatans with pretty faces who will read you Wikipedia articles for 200,000 dollars. Ask for numbers wherever you can. Think for yourself and be careful about taking a side unless you have evidence on your side. Always be willing to change your opinions, no matter how emotionally charged you may feel about them. Always be willing to take a step back, and most importantly of all...

Don't listen to people who tell you to hate someone else because of what they are. People can't control what they are. They can control who, they can control how, they can even sometimes control why, but not what.

Everybody's human first. No matter how much you may loath them, or the things they say. Keep that in your mind, and be on guard for political biases, and be willing to change when the facts present themselves differently to what you believed... And you will find yourself on the path to wisdom before too long.
True words of wisdom.

John Oliver isn't the end all, be all of news for me, but I do watch him every week. I've heard most of what he talks about during the week, but it's nice to hear someone who has a view that I can actually tolerate.

BBC was one of the few channels that I used to get news from, but where I live now I do not have the same cable options, and it's not available with the satellite package I have.

My options at the moment are Fox (Fuck no!) MSNBC (Meh....) and CNN, none of which I am very interested in. At least TV wise. Online I usually find stories on various websites, but even then you have to check a million different sites to see if it's actually true, and even then you have to weed through advertisements and all those stupid videos that decide they want to play in the middle of your reading....

Because colouring is amazing, that's why. GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN.

Whatever that means. I agree.

I get it.
What if it means Pinatta's taste like a Circus? :P

(I know what it actually means, thanks Google).

Panem et circenses
Indocte et beatus... Et adipem. Facile solet expugnare pro lupis... Aut Romanis.

Ignorant and happy... And fat. An easy conquest for wolves... Or [the] Romans.

Indocte et beatus... Et adipem. Facile solet expugnare pro lupis... Aut Romanis.

Ignorant and happy... And fat. An easy conquest for wolves... Or [the] Romans.
Not everyone wants to be that way. Not that the news is really going to tell us what we really need to know anyway, no matter what the source of it is.

No reputable news source would report on pop stars outside of the entertainment section, and usually pertaining to their up coming shows and albums. That being said lol at the "news source' in your link.

edit: Oh, I see it's a radio station's news page brought to you by CBS. Kluv for life.

No reputable news source would report on pop stars outside of the entertainment section, and usually pertaining to their up coming shows and albums. That being said lol at the "news source' in your link.

edit: Oh, I see it's a radio station's news page brought to you by CBS. Kluv for life.
98 Rock's better, at least with the celeb news and stupid crime stories. Their main fascination is sex, bacon, pot, and alcohol stories. =/

Reactions: October Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.