Why is autism so popular lately?

I HAVE ADD, EVERYONE FEEL SORRY FOR ME!!!!

i actually do and i really don't understand what is so appealing about having short term memory loss, lack of focus, nervous tics and taking drugs that cause weight loss, insomnia, high heart rate (in non ADD people. my adderall xr was right up there with speed), and super jitteryness in normal people. it just doesn't seem appealing to me.

Agree: 2,5,7,9,12,16,26,41,42,45,46: 1 point
Disagree: 1,11,15,24,25,27,28,30,31,37,38,48,50: 1 point
Score: 24

I dunno what this means! ;_;

Last time I checked I was not some socially retarted child who cracked a top secret NSA code!

My mom says autistic children/people are the the brightest. She says they're usually pure geniuses.

Agree: 4,5,6,9,12,13,23,35,39,41,43,46: 1 point
Disagree: 24,29,30,49: 1 point
Score: 16

-___- I represent the control group xD

Agree: 6,12,23: 1 point
Score: 7

They should really have a table on like what scores mean. That would help XD

Agree: 4,16,43,46: 1 point
Disagree: 11,25,28,30,37,38: 1 point
Score: 10

I do have ADHD...was diagnosed several times from early childhood on up to right before I went to college...and a few months ago as a further check up. Despite this fact, I do not take the medication prescribed to me unless I absolutely have to. For some reason the idea of regulating a mental disorder that I have with medicine makes me feel as though I'm relying on a crutch. ADHD isn't all that bad compared to everything else out there...it just means my brain gets bored quickly and is easily taken in by distractions and stimuli from the world around it. I can iron out those problems with discipline...(Provided I actually work hard at it). My friend has Asperger's or so I am told and I supposed I can recognize it in his interactions with both me and the friends around him. He has no concept of social etiquette and is generally an asshole without realizing it. I can tell he's honestly confused when we get annoyed at him and last I checked, he cannot perceive sarcasm....at all. Something like that sounds leagues more difficult then my ADHD...so I generally shut up about it and try not to use it as an excuse.

Plus with everyone claiming to have it these days...no one believes me anyways.

I HAVE ADD, EVERYONE FEEL SORRY FOR ME!!!!

i actually do and i really don't understand what is so appealing about having short term memory loss, lack of focus, nervous tics and taking drugs that cause weight loss, insomnia, high heart rate (in non ADD people. my adderall xr was right up there with speed), and super jitteryness in normal people. it just doesn't seem appealing to me.

Well you don't need to remember your parent's birthdays.

Adderall tends to limit my ability to write...probably my selfish reason for not touching the stuff when I can help it.

i actually developed a tolerance to adderall freshman year of high school ( my dose was 20mg XR/day) so i stopped taking it and decided to utilize all the people that took it recreationaly. did you know i got paid 5 bucks for every 40mg i didn't take? thats the way all quitting programs should be. :)

Got a score of 28.

This has got to mean something. Otherwise it's madness.

My mom says autistic children/people are the the brightest. She says they're usually pure geniuses.

Agree: 4,5,6,9,12,13,23,35,39,41,43,46: 1 point
Score: 16

-___- I represent the control group xD

Yeah, I actually don't like people like your mother either...I've got Aspergers, meaning I've got a gift for language. My logic skills (Pure Mathemathics) suck though. My overall intelligence isn't THAT much higher than average. People who assume that I must be a genius because I have a disorder in the autistic spectrum put WAY too much emphasis on that fact, creating more pressure for me to prove that I am in fact, autistic....

"Aren't autists like...supposed to be geniuses or something?" < someone really asked me that >.>

Yeah, I actually don't like people like your mother either...I've got Aspergers, meaning I've got a gift for language. My logic skills (Pure Mathemathics) suck though. My overall intelligence isn't THAT much higher than average. People who assume that I must be a genius because I have a disorder in the autistic spectrum put WAY too much emphasis on that fact, creating more pressure for me to prove that I am in fact, autistic....

"Aren't autists like...supposed to be geniuses or something?" < someone really asked me that >.>

Yeah...But sometimes, parents are just trying to cheer their children (or themselves, or both) up. ^^:

I've been approached about selling my excess adderall...

I usually shy away from it though...I'd rather not be a drug dealer...even a small time one.

Only works for the regiments that you find interesting~My IQ is higher than most people's but other than writing based formats I too suck at math. FFFing over analyzing.