Why I still read Garfield

X

Xindaris

Original poster
So recently this gem of a strip came up:

2efuddc.jpg

Let me just try to explain what makes this so awesome and hilarious: It makes fun of the commercials for Snuggies (panel 3), Oxy-Clean (panel 4), kitchen implements (panel 5), tooth-whitening stuff (panel 6), AND that really annoying quiet-show, loud-commercial phenomenon that is especially prevalent on the history channel (whole strip), all in one little compact row.

I don't really know where to go from here so, yeah. Discuss?

Yep I absolutely love Garfield myself :]]

OH me too! He is my fav. I believe my mom kept all my old Garfield comic books.

Yeah Jim Davis is a comic genius.

I guess I should note there's only one video-format Garfield I care for--the old-school cartoon one. Garfield and Friends FTW.

If you white out everything Garfield thinks or says, it makes John even more of a pathetic loser.

I love garfield and this strip is completely true about commercial adds on the TV. It's flipping louder than the program and everything on it is just crap

(Daiki) I disagree, recent strips involving Liz would be very nearly the same.

Garfield was always my fave. I think he's one of the things I miss the most now that I don't get the paper.

Have you guys seen the most recent edition of postage stamps by the US Postal Service? Sunday comics, featuring Garfield (and some other rad ones like Calvin and Hobbs).

Also, fascinating and a little sad, have you guys seen Garfield Minus Garfield?

tumblr_l4xugkllJN1qz8z2ro1_500.png

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that mangling of J.D.'s expert writing. It just adds up to a non-sequitur. It's actually kind of weird I don't like it, since I usually enjoy those. But I don't.

(I actually thought that was what Rory was talking about earlier)

But hey, if you want garfield (or other comics) and don't get the paper, they're pretty easy to find online! Garfield has his own website even.

lol, Garfield Minus Garfield is AMAZING. I totally forgot about it, so thank you for reminding me of it.

And yeah, Garfield itself is awesome. I used to love the show too. The voices fit perfectly.