Why Does Everything Want to Kill Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heliacalRebirth

Original poster
Silly+Baby+Guns+are+for....+Zombie+Annihilator_e7d1b5_3646443.jpg

Vampires, werewolves, and yes, zombies. Creatures of mythology and horror, slowly evoking terror in the masses through cheesy old films and halloween antics.

Right?

No. Wrong. They're fucking everywhere. AND THEYRE GOING TO KILL US!

What is up with society and our obsession regarding half-people who want nothing more than to stick their fangs or claws into our rich, peachy flesh? From @Ozzie Chanter's strange (and ARCHAIC) Ketchup Vampire show, to today's highly rated Walking Dead and Twilight, along with all those kinky vampire libertine role-players- we all know who you are.

Why?

Is it because we are all secretly masochists on the mythological degree? Or maybe it's those two coworkers whose brains desperately need to be blown out- a subconscious call to save humanity. What if we are trying to create these creatures to mask the fact that we are, in fact, the true monsters?

What do you think?

Do you like vampires/werewolves/zombies/other dangerous mythological beings?

Why do YOU like the above stated?

Why do you think these works of fiction are so popular?

All Iwaku rules apply.

Some people just want to watch the world burn. And by some, I mean most; and by the world, I mean fictional worlds.

Most people just want to watch fictional worlds burn.

I think it's because humans are used to being the alpha species. Nothing else really preys on us. Predators that feed on humans evoke a primal fear from the animal inside of us. Humans afterall are just intelligent animals. And because we are so used to being on top it has created somewhat of a god complex. Therefor these human killers that people imagine have to be part human, because what else can take us down?

In the case of vampires and werewolves, they often masquerade as humans. They are wolves in sheeps clothing. Would it not scare you to think that any random person could actually be a monster: and you won't know until they strike?

I personally like all kinds of monsters, from the eldritch horrors to the humanesque. But the boundaries of some people's imaginations are wider than others. Some people can't percieve what they do not know, and others choose not to. To each their own, I say.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Conflict is the essence of any good story. Violence and fear are effective tools when setting up and dealing with conflict. Fear is also a very primal emotion, so easy to connect to. Primal emotions are also very closely linked to one another, so the jump to lust isn't too strange. It's a little similar to Stockholm syndrome in that way, and welcoming our new undead overlords.

I like using the supernatural, although I'm a bit iffy on putting an approval sticker on specific beings due to the multitude of ways they are portrayed (see I did that without bringing up Twili- oh fuck...)

We live off of fear. Fear of the dark. Fear of the future. Fear of the new. Fear of the different. All basic human ideals.

I like roleplaying different mythical beings (like werewolves) to explore the differences between them and the humans they often appear as. How do they blend in with society, how do they survive if they're found, cuddlin', rippin' an' tearin' when the proverbial shit hits the fan.

Also, Australia. Have you BEEN there? Everything wants you dead. Pretty sure the air would to, if its not already.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.