Why do people DO THIS?!

It's readily apparent that her work is traceage - perhaps not the background but that's shoddily done anyways. If it had not been traced, it would have all been in one way - lined or lineless, not this mishmash of bullshit.

Fel.... I love you.

Thank you, madam, but I'm married and well, Ryker would kill us both.

Tracing is good for practice. Better if it's still life art (I should know, I drew a statue of a saint IN THE HEAT OF THE SUN WHILE MY EYES WERE BURNING.)

But this, this is just.... rageness. I know, rageness isn't a word. Deal with it.

Probably one of the reasons I don't have an account in "that place" yet.

Oh snap. I'd lulz if anyone actually copied my artz, mostly because it's not that good.

I don't see that happening any time soon. Even more so with mine.

Cap'n you should join up just to rage at those people.

or we should all start our own awesomesauce site.

if/when i appropriate something, i motherfucking SAY i approapriated it.

like when i used to take Paorou's drawings into photoshop and colour em in.

it was his work, i jsut put colour A and colour B where i thought it looked cool.

Well, in your case you know the artist that did the work. It's not like you were stealing the lineart from another person and claiming you drew it.

The worst is when they don't even know the original artist. So you end up with a bunch of copy-cats instead.

I honestly believe it's a problem of imagination. or rather a lack thereof. Look at movies, the "Original" ones are based on books, and sometimes the books aren't even original, nobody that has the pull has any new ideas, or the balls to try something new when the time tested stuff still makes money.

and therein lies the problem, Money and Art/Creativity are two subjects that should never be mixed.

That can account to it somewhat. However, also looking at it from an antropological point of view, there are only 20 different types of tales humans have created over the 8000 years of human writing. It all deals with new plot twists and how the tale is told.

I agree with Rors.

I just got this from the bitch, Fel.

Hello Red-eyed-Kitsune,

This is Black-Heart-Alliance from deviantart. I must say, honestly? Can't you just leave me alone? I did nothing wrong to you. So why are you having to get yours friends involved and make me feel bad? Your "friend" athnepheil-art, wrote this on the same image you had to write on of mine:

"I like my friend, who's post you deleted for constructive criticism -something you're upitty ass needs-, think you're not very good at all.

In fact, if you actually drew those horses, there would be some sort of regularity between the horses and the background (IF you drew them yourself). There is none. I'm willing to say you drew the horses, but you gotta prove you could have the ability to do the backgrounds, the artists ability between the for- and the back-grounds are glaringly different.

As with your backgrounds, your horses bodies shouldn't have solid lines it's a glaring juxtaposition.

Also, in correlation to the picture, the name Sex on Fire doesn't make any sense. Those horses aren't having sex and they aren't on fire. If they were either of these, perhaps it would make sense both to some furries out there and people who LOVE glue."

Is that all really necessary to make me feel bad? I draw all of my images and I don't need to prove that to you or to anyone else. But this is getting out of hand. If you don't stop this and leave me alone I will be forced to take action, and honestly I don't want to have to get my fans and friends involved in this crap. I mean, don't you have anything better to do with your time? Rather than having to get your friends to harass me? This is so last year, really. I am asking you nicely, you and your friends LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T want to have to take action against this, but you are leaving me with no choice. This is considered harassment. Seriously, grow up!

Adieu,
-Briana M.

Also, I didn't ask you for your opinion. So next time keep it to yourself! I haven't had one complaint about my work what so ever. So I don't need yours.

Perhaps instead of putting down every damn thing that's wrong, maybe you should look at the good in the picture.

I saw this, and I was like

ffffuuuu.jpg

EDIT: Also, given how lazy the mods are on DeviantArt, I doubt anything'll come of her complaining.

I know but her fan base is AMAZINGLY huge for such a shitty artist.

Yes dear, that's DeviantArt for you.

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE TALENTED; DRAW SHITTY FAN-ART AND YOUR FANBASE WILL SWELL (as will your ego, on a side-note).

This is what I replied

Hello, BHA,

First off I must say that you completely misinterpreted my comments on your art. I had never meant them as any personal insult, I merely saw much room for improvement. Constructive criticism is something that I was taught since I was a tiny little thing. It helps you get better. I've taken art for quite a long time, and I just figured that I'd help you out, like I would want someone else to do for me if there were any problems in my work that could be easily rectified.

Moving on, your first response to my comment was polite, but when I saw the second one, I was completely taken aback by the rudeness displayed for something so minor as one comment that only takes up no more than two or three inches on anyone's monitor. And then when you banned me from commenting at all on your work, I was disheartened, but I moved on to better things.

Now, my friend was even more displeased than I was with your response, since he knows how delicate I am about trying not to infuriate people. He restated some of the things I said, but in a more pointed, and leading manner, which was provoking, and I do apologize for any misunderstandings.

The thing is, for me to hear that you have never been criticized before in any way, good or bad, displeases me, because sooner or later, if your artwork blows up to something very popular, you very well may hear one or two more comments, and they may not even be from art students like me, but from someone who could very well get your art into a better place, and surely reacting in such a manner as you had was.... undoubtedly understandable had I been in your place, but at the same time, reacting as you had would not only halt your work from ever changing or getting better if need be, but remain stagnant and become the same thing over and over again, which is something that is not sought after at all in the art community.

I merely wish to warn you of this, seeing as this may happen again in the future. You might want to grow a little bit of a thicker skin.

Surely, I must say right off the bat at this point that "Harassment" was not something I intended this to be construed as, but furthermore, when calling my behavior immature and then saying "That is so last year" repels what you just said and turns it around on yourself.

I was hoping that the message, if any at all in response, would be more..... professional, but I regretfully might have to say that this is far less than I had hoped for.

Also, as to your.... what shall we call it? Veiled threat, that should I not leave you alone, you would involve your fans and friends? I am completely disheartened by this. For the first reason, that -as much as the retort that what is going on is harassment- It's immature and unprofessional. It is merely a boast of a big-headed Shepard of how many sheep are under his command.

You are less humble than I thought, and I am sorry for misjudging. I merely thought that you would understand my critique, although, we both know that you misconstrued it into a personal attack, which is rather childish to think that I would waste my time just spamming and flaming someone on Deviant Art for shits and giggles.

I apologize for your audacity and hope that you grow a thicker skin in case you are seriously into art.

I do hope to hear from you more, I'd like to get this nailed out that you seriously misjudged the first time, which, of no fault of mine, lead to the anger of one of my friends.

Sincerely,

R.E.K.

You're way too polite, TK. I'd have been way more harsh.

Though you're probably handling the situation better than I would.

Far as I can tell, this is some chick with a severe case of unwarrented-self importance. Best just to ignore these types.

I used my bigger words to confuse her stupid little mind. And insulted her when she wasn't looking...