Why did you choose the avatar you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kind of running on my most recent new avatar thene: various villains I like a lot. I've gone through phases of abstract images, plain goofy shit, and generic fantasy things as well. Every time it seems like I'll start by swapping to new avatars of the same thing every month or two until I find one I love, and then I pretty much stick with that until I get the urge to radically change the theme.

For the villains theme I went through characters like Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York and the same Moriarty that King is currently using and The Governor from The Walking Dead. When I got around to Littlefinger (Game of Thrones, for you poor uninitiated plebs) it just clicked really well. I cropped his smirking mug into a manageable size from a screenshot, and it accompanies my various silly and snarky posts very nicely. I used to also have an accompanying gif for my signature, but Iwaku sigs have a small height limit before giving the things a scroll bar and I hate how those look, so I'm content with just the avatar.

TL;DR I like the character and his smirk suits me.

That saddens me. Did you find out why he disappeared?

Nope, and it's not for a lack of trying. However. we'd all (roughly 15 of us) like to think he simply went "off the grid".

I change my avatar often enough and it's usually something spooky or macabre because I'm grimtastic like that. But once in a while... Once in a while I use something stupid funny and/or inspirational because this is also me.

LOVE YOURSELF, PEEPS. ♥

Reactions: Alan
It's a shame that he's the worst Beatle, though. I mean, you could have done better. *cough cough*

I'm sorry Ringo wasn't the one with a signature wink? :P

Reactions: Gonzo
I like Gorillaz

Because I am Batman. Well, maybe more Nightwing, but DAMN do I love the Bruce Timm look on the Bat.

I'm just addicted to canines... and I'm serious person most of the time so... here I am.

I change avatars every few months or so but my current one reminds me of what I think one of my favorite characters in one of my RPs looks like. I absolutely LOVE that RP so I made her my main avatar.

Because it's based on the work of a commission I had done for me and is also radical.

I like the color blue, and it matches my name (a bird, in the rain, harhar)

I don't even remember. Not too sure about keeping it even. Gonna look for something new.

My avatar is probably the one picture I've ever found that has such a striking resemblance to me. I thought I'd keep it around.

It's simple, pleasing and unique enough without getting pretentious. Besides, Warcraft 2 was the shit.

Because a few people and I *cough* @Razilin and @Gen. Gwazi Magnum PI *cough* said Saber Arturia was their Waifu, and I also like Rin, so I thought:

82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Well, I chose my current avatar because it perfectly represents my attitude towards reality at this point in time; as in, I couldn't care less about what happens so long as I have my precious Vocaloid music to distract me. Plus I just love the peaceful look on Miku's face, it helps keep me from feeling depressed, somewhat. I was thinking of changing my avatar, actually, but it'll be a while before I get around to finding one that makes me feel as good as this one does. And by that I mean I'm just too lazy to go look for one.

Because gas masks? I dunno, I've been using this all over for years, I can't actually remember why I wanted to. It just looked cool, and I like suits and gas masks. Because who doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.