Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
TL;DR: See title

Sign-up thread: OPEN SIGNUPS Black Magic & Golden Hearts OOC and Sign-up

The masquerade is well and alive in the small suburban city of Aldenburg, Pennsylvania. Humans are oblivious to the true nature of their neighbors - the pale, red-eyed woman who likes to deliver the morning paper before sunrise, the wolfish family down in the trailer park, the gravekeeper with a heavenly voice who sings at wakes, the fisherman who disappears beneath the waves at night.

All is quiet and calm here. People keep to their own lane. Nothing gets out that shouldn't get out.

But something has come in.

An old abandoned storefront, overnight, has been stocked with all manner of antiques and curios. Charming, rustic. Evil.

Anyone who's One of Them can tell. It's like a tingling in the air, the longing for freedom in the way a murderer longs to escape death row. Someone, or something, has come to Aldenburg and brought with them That Which Does Not Belong.

Jewelry sparkles with the malevolent glint of dormant curses. Polished weapons reek of the blood of ancient foes, and thirst for more. Tealight candles line the store, while a massive rug hides gouged wood underneath. An orange tabby cat winds itself around anyone foolish enough to walk in.

It only takes one careless mistake to kill someone - or worse.

But that's okay. Miss Black is very careful when it comes to destroying evidence.

The premise but in boring words: Humans live alongside supernatural creatures in the modern world without realizing it. Some dumb broad is threatening to ruin everyone's day by selling off cursed magic items to clueless idiots. You can play a clueless human, a not-so-clueless human, a supernatural creature in disguise, a minion to the store owner, a member of the magical SWAT team, etc.

Last edited:
Would it be necessary for her to have the stone gaze always switched to ON, or would I be able to have her control that?
I've got my personal preference, but this is your character. Don't you think you should be the one to decide how her magic works?

Reactions: Loveless
Yes, though you are the GM and I just wanted to make sure you were all right with it. c: I might've scrapped the concealed serpent body, though. Still mulling other bits over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galgallin
Gonna make myself a witch boi with a pet opossum as a familiar, lets go boi's

• Love
𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚘𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜.

Enjoyable idea and seems like there could be a lot of fun angles to tackle this from. Good for all sorts of characters!

Alright, I'm home, the site's up, I'm looking for my old graphics, let's do this.

Hm, are you still open to people joining?

Just your run on the mill shapeshifter who can only transform into animals along with his human disguise, but nothing more than that. Of course, finding him in his animal state isn't too hard as his silver colored fur/feathers stand out. He occassionally helps Private Investigators or even law enforcement if asked to, but he's mostly just working as a babysitter for both supernatural-kind and human-kind.

@Polaris North Sorry for the late response! I'm still open to people joining. A shapeshifter is a good, solid choice.

• Thank You
Reactions: Polaris North
I'm gonna put the kibosh on that, only because I'm not prepared to take this RP to pantheon level stuff.

That said, an entity of death who isn't necessarily Death Himself should be fine.
Cool. I can do a Reaper, ala Supernatural, if you’re good for that.

I'm thinking a mummy myself. He/she shall be prone to accidents (covered in many cutely designed bandages more often than not) which will only be exacerbated by the fact that they work with glass lol. i.e. mostly windows and such for construction related clients but also proficient in niche stuff like tabletops and artisan glass blowing

May I join with a functional zombie? :>

Is this still on...?

@DinoFeather Yes! I'm sorry, I live in an area affected by Hurricane Florence.

@DinoFeather Yes! I'm sorry, I live in an area affected by Hurricane Florence.
You doing ok? Got out, or at least, have provisions?
I’m guessing so, to one degree or another, if you have internet to some degree or fashion.

I’m guessing so, to one degree or another, if you have internet to some degree or fashion.
Thanks for checking in! I'm okay, lots have places have closed down due to tidal flooding, but it's not been so bad. I'm glad the hurricane turned at the last second. But that's why I've been absent recently.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Thanks for checking in! I'm okay, lots have places have closed down due to tidal flooding, but it's not been so bad. I'm glad the hurricane turned at the last second. But that's why I've been absent recently.

Glad you're doing all right! And don't apologize for that! I was just checking in to see what was up. Take your time and stay dry!

Oh man, glad you're alright boss. As is the mantra here with typhoons coming monthly: Stay safe, stay aware, stay dry. Good luck and hope everything turns out alright!

Thank you for the well wishes! The RP will be up soon, I swear - hurricane days make good writing days!

Reactions: Red Thunder
((do you guys want an OOC thread or a Discord server))

D I S C O R D S U P E R I O R I T Y