Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
TL;DR: See title

Sign-up thread: OPEN SIGNUPS Black Magic & Golden Hearts OOC and Sign-up

The masquerade is well and alive in the small suburban city of Aldenburg, Pennsylvania. Humans are oblivious to the true nature of their neighbors - the pale, red-eyed woman who likes to deliver the morning paper before sunrise, the wolfish family down in the trailer park, the gravekeeper with a heavenly voice who sings at wakes, the fisherman who disappears beneath the waves at night.

All is quiet and calm here. People keep to their own lane. Nothing gets out that shouldn't get out.

But something has come in.

An old abandoned storefront, overnight, has been stocked with all manner of antiques and curios. Charming, rustic. Evil.

Anyone who's One of Them can tell. It's like a tingling in the air, the longing for freedom in the way a murderer longs to escape death row. Someone, or something, has come to Aldenburg and brought with them That Which Does Not Belong.

Jewelry sparkles with the malevolent glint of dormant curses. Polished weapons reek of the blood of ancient foes, and thirst for more. Tealight candles line the store, while a massive rug hides gouged wood underneath. An orange tabby cat winds itself around anyone foolish enough to walk in.

It only takes one careless mistake to kill someone - or worse.

But that's okay. Miss Black is very careful when it comes to destroying evidence.

The premise but in boring words: Humans live alongside supernatural creatures in the modern world without realizing it. Some dumb broad is threatening to ruin everyone's day by selling off cursed magic items to clueless idiots. You can play a clueless human, a not-so-clueless human, a supernatural creature in disguise, a minion to the store owner, a member of the magical SWAT team, etc.

Last edited:
Anyone else whose opinion I'd actually respect?

ilu ath

I do think Discord makes it into a more casual, more friendly like vibe. And you know, we could VC and have funny shenanigans together too, more like a community.
IDK, I just think discord makes it more fun? And people interact more through discord too in my experience.

Reactions: Antiqubalist
Loveless gets it. Prreeeaacchhh

• Thank You
Reactions: Loveless
Oh my, I don't mind Discord. Though the possibility that I would only lurk 90% percent of the time is very high.

Then again, I lurk everywhere.

Discord it is. I look forward to knowing you all better.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'm thinking of making a Demon who's a well known Actor and he's very entitled but has devilish charm so he gets away with it. He's definitely gonna cause some trouble and why not have a torublemaker in the bunch. If still accepting new people that is rofl.

Discord hands down.

• Love
@Caracal How does a Ker sound? Maybe with a small, tri-headed canine companion, given “As death daimons, they were also associated with Cerberus”?
Keres - Wikipedia

Reactions: Galgallin
Reactions: Red Thunder