Whose's your favorite superhero and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman! Because he uses his own skills and brain to fight villains! He doesn't need superpowers.

Iron Man.

I have a thing for anti-heroes, the kinds of people who aren't moral, noble, all-American white knights (like Cap). He's visibly and understandably flawed, and despite being mega-rich he still searches for meaning.

I feel like his story is an interesting perspective of the human condition, showing that money doesn't solve problems and it certainly doesn't do away with your own personal demons. No matter how smart or wealthy you might become, there are some problems you just have to face down with your will and with the willingness to change yourself.

Plus, Robert Downey Jr. is <3

I actually think Superman is an incredibly boring character.

As for Wolverine and the movies, it's pretty much a case where he's gotten as much recognition and popularity he seems like the "safe" choice, and when you constantly have him thrown in your face when there's a universe of amazing characters with much more interesting powers and stories than Wolverine, then he starts to become the Pikachu to Marvel's Pokemon.
Superman is not boring.

Yay! I'm so glad tat everyone is sharing their love for the heroes (and anti-heroes) of the world!

To pull away from the "Big Two" that most people know:

Tom Strong
tomstrong01.jpg

He is strong and smart, while still being logical and practical. He remains calm under pressure and uses a good mix of brains and brawn to solve his problems. AND he knows the name of every single one of his fan club members.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Snakey and Fluffy
Batman for a number of reasons.

1. Doesn't need super powers
2. Is a super hero not afraid to take dark/serious turns
3. Keeps morals and principles without pulling the Mary Sue "I'm perfect!" crap that Superman does
4. All the funny jokes that can be made like "Because I'm Batman!".
5. The actors who played as him (at least those I've watched) have all given entertaining performances.

Deadpool. It's aaaaaalways Deadpool.

Otherwise it's a tie between Tony Stark, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Spiderman and Wonder Woman.

Okay, maybe Wonder Woman or Black Widow would win that tie.

Batman for most of the reasons listed, but I'll add mine.

He's an incredibly broken person. He has flaws and issues on top of issues, but he always tries to be just. He doesn't seem to stand on morally high ground, what he does is just. That's why he doesn't try and kill his villains, no matter how evil they are. That wouldn't be justice.

My favorites tend to fluctuate, because I base them on how they relate to me. And I have changed, as a person, which lead to my favorites changing.

When I was very, very young, I remember liking superheros like Wolverine and Superman. People with powers and things were exciteing. Wolverine because he would charge in like a crazy man and just kick ass. Superman because he could do such amazing things and always wanted to protect people.

As I grew older, things were happening to me that caused a lot of anger. My personality was still trying to develop but often times, I would be so quick to get mad. I would just completely fly off the handle and destroy things. My sense of justice was changing. It became less about saving the innocent and went more towards beating the bad guys into oblivion. That being said, I ended up getting more into Spider-Man, The Punisher, and The Hulk (not the entire character w/ Bruce Banner. Just the big guy guy that smashed assholes into paste). Superman was one of my favorites as well.

Now a days, I find myself still a big fan of Superman and The Hulk because of who I am. Also, Deadpool is fuggin hilarious. XD

You people. With your Batmans and Supermans and Ironmen. Your heroes of outstanding moral principles. Let me introduce you to my superhero.

spawn_by_uncannyknack-d6ppjld.jpg

Mothafuggin' Spawn. He's so hardcore 90's edge that he's made of spikes, red cape, and darkness bathed in darkness. He becomes the king of hell and slaughters evil in an unrelenting murderous rampage. Even cartoon Spawn is bathed in ridiculously over the top darkness and I fucking love it. The dude uses chains for weapons. :rotfl:

You can watch the whole cartoon series on YouTube. :ferret:

You people. With your Batmans and Supermans and Ironmen. Your heroes of outstanding moral principles. Let me introduce you to my superhero.

spawn_by_uncannyknack-d6ppjld.jpg

Mothafuggin' Spawn. He's so hardcore 90's edge that he's made of spikes, red cape, and darkness bathed in darkness. He becomes the king of hell and slaughters evil in an unrelenting murderous rampage. Even cartoon Spawn is bathed in ridiculously over the top darkness and I fucking love it. The dude uses chains for weapons. :rotfl:

You can watch the whole cartoon series on YouTube. :ferret:
I'll see your Spawn and raise you

Redentor-big.jpg

Constantine, he counts these days.

I'm with this man. I guess ol' John Constantine counts these days as well.

John's always been a very grounded, gritty character. Sure, he's a snarky British mage, but that's not all it's cracked up to be. He makes mistakes. He fucks up. And when he does, there are consequences; he gets hurt, his friends get killed, and unlike a lot of other 'hero' types he really does suffer from all this.

Aside from Constantine, though...

2762880-bb.png

Billy Butcher. Every superhero's worst fucking nightmare.

• Love
Reactions: Peter Feels
I grew up around my brother reading comics....

The first graphic novel character I fell for.... was Wolverine. I loved the idea of him- I was constantly sick and going to hospitals, so his backstory and power really resonated with me. Super healing? Regenerative powers? And on top of that, bone claws/Adamantium?

And for the same reason that I love Wolverine, I love Dead Pool. Dude's living every day like it's his last, he's insane as balls (And if this new movie tries to pigeon hole itself into PG-13 for wider audiences I'm going to fucking snap someone's neck. You can't do a DeadPool movie unless it's R. Don't you fucking dare.)

Also, Black Canary. I love her. And Storm and Wonderwoman always felt like awesome female rolemodels.

Considering my TOP favourite superhero (Cap), it's kinda funny that my next favourite is...

The_Punisher.jpg

Frank Castle, The Punisher!

P.S. Watch this short fan-film if you haven't already. Starring Thomas Jane. You won't be disappointed.

ALSO, I love this guy:

22_spiderman.jpg

(And if this new movie tries to pigeon hole itself into PG-13 for wider audiences I'm going to fucking snap someone's neck. You can't do a DeadPool movie unless it's R. Don't you fucking dare.)
Funny thing about that though.

You remember the test footage?

That was awesome as hell, and completely pg.

A Deadpool movie does not need to be R at all. All that means, is that they can take it easy on the blood and gore. Language is pretty much free-range with PG-13 these days. This lets them get a wider spread for the movie, and more theatres will show it. Unless you want to see obsene amounts of blood and gore, a PG Deadpool should still give you all you want.

giphy.gif

Because delicious firearms mixed with raccoon-like douchebaggery and a healthy pinch of technical, and tactical, brilliancy.
Heh... have to say, much as I like the whole tech angle of Iron Man (not to mention the whole Tony Stark to Iron Man back-story), I have to say the Rocket/Groot team I really love. I have the original, four-issue series (edit: Pre-Groot Rocket), and have so far been collecting every (first print) issue of the new Rocket Raccoon comic. Besides, who wouldn't want to be best friends with a talking raccoon?

Last edited:
Considering my TOP favourite superhero (Cap), it's kinda funny that my next favourite is...

The_Punisher.jpg

Frank Castle, The Punisher!

P.S. Watch this short fan-film if you haven't already. Starring Thomas Jane. You won't be disappointed.

IT HAS RON PEARLMAN IN IT?!

IT HAS RON PEARLMAN IN IT?!

Unfortunately, that's just a fanfilm from a few years ago. Otherwise... Mother of God.

Imagine Ron Perlman as some drunken Microchip-styled bro for Frank. Imagine it.

Status
Not open for further replies.