Who Would've Thought? Emoxpopular

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Jaxon arrived home he breathed a sigh of relief. His dad wasn't home. He was probably out at the bar.. He quickly ran around the house cleaning, and started dinner. As he scrambled around the front door opened and slammed. "Your LATE!" He heard a drunken angry voice yell.

"Don't make assumptions like that, Luke. For all you know, the NBA players never got detention in high school. And do you know why? Because they are disciplined." said Luke's dad. Luke made a face. He hated it when his dad mentioned discipline... "Dad, please, it's been a long day- I-i-i think I twisted my ankle on my way back from school..."

Jaxon froze, his face paled. He must have been at the house when he should have been home, then left for a bit. "I-I'm sorry" he said looking down. "If you were sorry you wouldn't do it!!" His dad retaliated.

-fast forward bc I'm too lazy to write the scene-
He stumbled to his room hurting all over, bruised on his face, nose bleeding. His dad had beaten him, then made him finish dinner and his chores. No dinner.

Luke regretted getting detention- his dad wasn't a parent who used abusive tactics to get a point across. He made Luke run laps in his large back yard til a rut was made in the grass then had him do many exercises like push-ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, jump rope, sprints, and more, until Luke could barely stand. Then he would leave Luke to drag himself to his room or to the bathroom to do whatever. Luke was happy that they had a one story house at this time- he wouldn't have had had the energy to crawl up a flight of stairs.

It was cruel in the beginning, at least to Luke, but over the last few years, Luke came to an understanding- some actions come with consequences, and no matter how great those consequences are, you have to face them all... But he still would swear at his dad the following morning- or evening if this happened in the morning- until his throat hurt. It was their compromise...seems to have had worked since Luke was 11 so they go with it.

The next morning Jaxon woke up exhausted. He got ready for school and walked out of the door half asleep. He hurt all over, bruised all over.

Luke was somewhat in the same condition- but without bruises. He decided to drive to school today, to give his legs a little more rest...That and it felt better to be sitting than standing.

Jaxon walked to school and it started raining. "Great." He said out loud. At least he was close to school now

Luke pulled into the school's parking lot as it started to rain. "Ugh...this couldn't get any worse- AHH!"
The 'ahh' was from a loud clap of thunder. He was scared of thunder.

By the time he got to the school he saw Luke walk in. Too late. He sighs and walks inside going to homeroom

I wouldn't say walk- more of ran. He pretty much bolted from his car- an old Ford Ranger truck- and almost ran into a lot of people when he tried to get into the school building.

Jaxon took his seat in home room and rested his head on the desk. He was cold now

Luke flopped down into his seat, looking like he saw the scariest monster anyone could imagine. "Gods I hate thunder..." he muttered before looking at Jaxon. "Hey Jax...Rough night?"

" yup. How was yours?" He asked the other looking up. Luke looked pale with he'd seen a ghost

"Uh...A bit rough...My dad had me running laps like a jockey horse... Yours?" Of course he would ask...Nosy bugger.

"My dad just got really angry. Lets keep it at that." He said unable to tell him the real reason.

"Mm... Fair enough. So, whatcha think of this weather we're having? Kinda down in the dumps, yeah?"

"Very much." He agreed. He was soaked. "I like rain, just not when it's all over me and I have to go into a cold room." He said

"I like rain too- just not thunder... Wanna borrow my jacket? Keep ya from freezing." Luke wasn't wearing it anyways as he pretty much grabbed it from his truck before running into the building earlier.

(So no ideas with Sarah...?)

Sarah?]

"Sure.. Thanks." He smiled and took the jacket. "It'll be wet though probably." He made sure to tell the other.

(Yeah...The person you're playing in Girly Things and Angel Wings...?)

"Eh, a little wetness never hurt anyone...Except people who had a cast and got said cast wet." Luke was trying to joke a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.