Who would you vote for the US presidency?

Who do you want to be president of the US?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Jill Stein

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Vermin Supreme

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Deez Nuts

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Giant Meteor 2016

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Not voting for anyone, they all suck

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want Bernie, don't want to vote for either Cheeto with a Toupee or Lizardwoman Supreme, but considering she is mostly okay with the LGBT community and minorities in general, I'll be voting for her because she picks Supreme Court judges and I don't feel like getting thrown a hundred years into the past. Unfortunately, I think voting for Bernie now is a bad idea, because it will just really divide the dem party and possibly allow Cheeto to win, like what happened in 2000 with Bush vs Gore.

I am voting for "who will fuck the country the least?". And that's all I will say on this topic.

... deciding in every conversation in public how much I want to present myself as LGBT ...

Why not just "present" yourself as a person? As a Christian, myself, I don't "approve"... but we're all sinners. All human. LGBT or not. Just "decide" to present yourself, no labels attached. Let your life be a witness. That's all any of us can do. No matter where we live. Or who we are.

Take it from a four-eyed Poindexter...

Why not just "present" yourself as a person? As a Christian, myself, I don't "approve"... but we're all sinners. All human. LGBT or not. Just "decide" to present yourself, no labels attached. Let your life be a witness. That's all any of us can do. No matter where we live. Or who we are.

Take it from a four-eyed Poindexter...
It's... Not that simple. This advice is kind of pedantic when talking about politics, actually.

There are Middle Eastern countries where you would be violently assaulted or even killed if you demonstrated your Christian faith in public. Ex: Wearing a cross, praying to Jesus, attending Church, possession of a Bible, et cetera. It would thus be understandable if you had to consider whether or not you demonstrated such faith in public, and when looking to your political leaders--if given the choice--you'd choose the candidate that would attempt to protect your rights as a Christian.

Up until very recently, it was still legal for States to prevent two consenting adults from having the exact same right to marry as other consenting adults--even if there were churches willing to allow homosexual ceremonies. There are several debates running across both municipal and state level government bodies about whether or not allowing transsexuals to use their bathroom of choice would somehow create a mass apocalypse of rape. There are still multimillion (sometimes even multibillion) dollar corporations that not only don't support the LGBT, or even act with indifference--but step over into outright discrimination and open disgust for them. These corporations include but are not limited to: Chik-fil-a, Exxon, The Salvation Army, Purina, Boy Scouts of America, and Cracker Barrel. A 2012 Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party made this insane, meme-worthy drivel.

From the Municipal level, to the State level, to the Federal level, anti-gay sentiments survive. From ma and pa stores to multimillion dollar corporate franchises, anti-gay sentiments survive. Millions of Americans still openly vote for candidates that want to prevent the LGBT from possessing some types of jobs--from the military to education--effectively making them second class citizens with no hope of improving their lives from destitute poverty.

Even the fucking Boy Scouts still discriminate against the LGBT.

The United States is a mighty, amazing, incredible country in many ways, but where it concerns human rights for the LGBT, it's a hilariously/frighteningly backwards joke. Just like the Middle East is with Christians non-Muslims in general really.

Whether or not you think that corporations should be allowed to deny LGBT customers, or the government should be allowed to interfere in their private lives or not--you can't pretend as though it isn't discrimination. It's the very definition of the word. When the government at every level is deciding whether you should have the same rights as everyone else, when entire swathes of the free market may refuse to cater to you because they think you're an unholy abomination? That's a pretty understandable reason to look at the presidential candidates and ask yourself what they're going to put into law concerning you. Concerning any of your future lovers. Concerning whether or not you can have a family, even.

Because this next election--hell, these next few years--are going to determine if an entire group of people will be legally allowed to...
  • Get married.
  • Serve in the Military.
  • Work in certain professions, like education.
  • Have the same anti-discrimination laws that African Americans and women enjoy.
  • Be protected from their parents sending them to abusive anti-gay therapy camps which sometimes leads to them being abused so hard, that some of them literally die. Assuming they don't just kill themselves to escape.
The Supreme Court is the entity that stopped the State-level legislators from discriminating against the LGBT where it concerns gay marriage. It's rather important to know if that pro-human rights stance is going to continue, or if Trump is going to put in someone who will drag it all back kicking and screaming.

Because, really. Think about it. @Valentyne does have to think about how much she presents herself as LGBT in the US, depending on where she lives. She might be refused from businesses, she might lose her job or be denied promotions, she may end up the target of constant harassment and vicious bullying. Especially since she's a teenager, she is still dependent on her family to survive. If she was an adult who lived on her own and had her own job, I'd encourage her to get out of the closet and join the movement that keeps pushing human rights forward one step at a time. Teenager though?

I completely understand why a teenager wouldn't want to. Especially in this modern political atmosphere, where tens of millions of people are voting for Donald Trump. Especially with him saying, outright...
Fox News Transcript said:
WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?

TRUMP: I would strongly consider that, yes

EDIT

Whoops! That message is a little long. Hm, maybe a bit overkill. Sorry if it comes across as hostile, not my intention and clarifying that now. :ferret:

Last edited:
From the Municipal level, to the State level, to the Federal level, anti-gay sentiments survive. From ma and pa stores to multimillion dollar corporate franchises, anti-gay sentiments survive. Millions of Americans still openly vote for candidates that want to prevent the LGBT from possessing some types of jobs--from the military to education--effectively making them second class citizens with no hope of improving their lives from destitute poverty.

I've carved this out for one simple reason: Been there, done that. LGBT people keep insisting they were "born that way". Well, even though I am neither L nor G nor B nor T, I was "born a certain way", and have had to live with it my entire life. Remedial PE... no sports... Air Force didn't want me... can't do "heavy lifting" jobs (like construction). I'm presently a fifty-four year old part time cashier. No government assistance. And yet, I have a roof over my head, all my own. I own a car. I've gotten rid of most of my old "hand-me-down" furniture, and bought "new" stuff. I can go out to movies. Buy books and magazines. Treat my best friend and his wife to dinner... hell, I helped keep a roof over their heads! Even helped them get a car of their own (2015 Chevy Sonic LTZ Turbo). I do not consider myself a second class citizen nor do I consider myself in destitute poverty just because a "condition" I was born with has limited my choices in life. I simply go out and grab what I can out of life. Apparently with God's blessing, to be frank. I have no "community". I have myself, my church, and my God. Well, perhaps that could be considered my "community".

I'm just trying to give Valentyne a way to deal with it... grab Life's "bull" by the balls, and squeeze till it moos for mercy. To be honest, none of us are able to utilize 100% of what Life offers. Accept your limitations, roll with them, and smile. :bsmile:

Edit: What's Next for Religious Business Owners

Last edited:
It's... Not that simple. This advice is kind of pedantic when talking about politics, actually.

There are Middle Eastern countries where you would be violently assaulted or even killed if you demonstrated your Christian faith in public. Ex: Wearing a cross, praying to Jesus, attending Church, possession of a Bible, et cetera. It would thus be understandable if you had to consider whether or not you demonstrated such faith in public, and when looking to your political leaders--if given the choice--you'd choose the candidate that would attempt to protect your rights as a Christian.

Up until very recently, it was still legal for States to prevent two consenting adults from having the exact same right to marry as other consenting adults--even if there were churches willing to allow homosexual ceremonies. There are several debates running across both municipal and state level government bodies about whether or not allowing transsexuals to use their bathroom of choice would somehow create a mass apocalypse of rape. There are still multimillion (sometimes even multibillion) dollar corporations that not only don't support the LGBT, or even act with indifference--but step over into outright discrimination and open disgust for them. These corporations include but are not limited to: Chik-fil-a, Exxon, The Salvation Army, Purina, Boy Scouts of America, and Cracker Barrel. A 2012 Presidential Candidate for the Republican Party made this insane, meme-worthy drivel.

Even the fucking Boy Scouts still discriminate against the LGBT.

The United States is a mighty, amazing, incredible country in many ways, but where it concerns human rights for the LGBT, it's a hilariously/frighteningly backwards joke. Just like the Middle East is with Christians non-Muslims in general really.

Whether or not you think that corporations should be allowed to deny LGBT customers, or the government should be allowed to interfere in their private lives or not--you can't pretend as though it isn't discrimination. It's the very definition of the word. When the government at every level is deciding whether you should have the same rights as everyone else, when entire swathes of the free market may refuse to cater to you because they think you're an unholy abomination? That's a pretty understandable reason to look at the presidential candidates and ask yourself what they're going to put into law concerning you. Concerning any of your future lovers. Concerning whether or not you can have a family, even.

Because this next election--hell, these next few years--are going to determine if an entire group of people will be legally allowed to...
  • Get married.
  • Serve in the Military.
  • Work in certain professions, like education.
  • Have the same anti-discrimination laws that African Americans and women enjoy.
  • Be protected from their parents sending them to abusive anti-gay therapy camps which sometimes leads to them being abused so hard, that some of them literally die. Assuming they don't just kill themselves to escape.
The Supreme Court is the entity that stopped the State-level legislators from discriminating against the LGBT where it concerns gay marriage. It's rather important to know if that pro-human rights stance is going to continue, or if Trump is going to put in someone who will drag it all back kicking and screaming.

Because, really. Think about it. @Valentyne does have to think about how much she presents herself as LGBT in the US, depending on where she lives. She might be refused from businesses, she might lose her job or be denied promotions, she may end up the target of constant harassment and vicious bullying. Especially since she's a teenager, she is still dependent on her family to survive. If she was an adult who lived on her own and had her own job, I'd encourage her to get out of the closet and join the movement that keeps pushing human rights forward one step at a time. Teenager though?

I completely understand why a teenager wouldn't want to. Especially in this modern political atmosphere, where tens of millions of people are voting for Donald Trump. Especially with him saying, outright...

EDIT

Whoops! That message is a little long. Hm, maybe a bit overkill. Sorry if it comes across as hostile, not my intention and clarifying that now. :ferret:
Thank you for saying what I wanted to say much more articulately - and kindly - than I ever could.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say much more articulately - and kindly - than I ever could.

Brovo's really good at that... :bsmile:

I think I'll share with you guys the conversation I had with my mother the other day from our Hillary vs Trump talk. I found it as funny as it was sad.

Me: "Even if Trump becomes President do you really think Congress is going to do any of the things he says he wants to? Like the wall for example, its never gonna happen."

My Mother: "Well, you know, he has his own money." In the snarkiest voice you can think of.

Me: "Mom... D-Do you think anyone will a billion dollars can just build a wall around the united states?"

My Mother: "Well no, but he'd be the President."

Me: "... That's not how things work Mom."

I think I'll share with you guys the conversation I had with my mother the other day from our Hillary vs Trump talk. I found it as funny as it was sad.

Me: "Even if Trump becomes President do you really think Congress is going to do any of the things he says he wants to? Like the wall for example, its never gonna happen."

My Mother: "Well, you know, he has his own money." In the snarkiest voice you can think of.

Me: "Mom... D-Do you think anyone will a billion dollars can just build a wall around the united states?"

My Mother: "Well no, but he'd be the President."

Me: "... That's not how things work Mom."
Haha, yes, most people have a very poor understanding of how the federal government works. They seem to assume the President can so whatever and the other branches of government are vague irritations at best. :P

Haha, yes, most people have a very poor understanding of how the federal government works. They seem to assume the President can so whatever and the other branches of government are vague irritations at best. :P
God this......so much this!

I am so sick and tired of giving grown ass adults basic civics lessons. Check and Balance is there so no one branch has total power, and no one seems to understand that. Even if Trump wins, he's made enough enemies on both sides of the aisle that he'll never get anything he wanted done (Kind of like what they did with Obama). People following him blindly keep saying he can do it, but he can't, not without congress and if he tries, the supreme court is there to decide if what he's attempting goes against the constitution or not. How is no one noticing that what he's often threatening to do is yet another sign of a possible dictatorship? The signs are all there, but it seems like only the sane are picking them up.

There are still multimillion (sometimes even multibillion) dollar corporations that not only don't support the LGBT, or even act with indifference--but step over into outright discrimination and open disgust for them. These corporations include but are not limited to: Chik-fil-a, Exxon, The Salvation Army, Purina, Boy Scouts of America, and Cracker Barrel.
Luckily those corporations are nowhere as big as they once were. I do support their private property rights and think private owners should be allowed to discriminate as they see fit. Hopefully they aren't surprised when their profits go down tremendously or when they go out of business as a result. People underestimate the power they have within the market. Just look at what happened with Digital Homicide recently and the whole Konami debacle.

Other than that, you pretty much hit everything on the nail.

I already live in the Bible Belt
You too huh? :( I live in Tennessee

9df28646398ec54c867dcf13dcf1d407.gif

Its debate day ahhhh! They might answer the questions about foreign affairs and immigration or it will be another 90 mins of "he said, she said".

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Its debate day ahhhh! They might answer the questions about foreign affairs and immigration or it will be another 90 mins of "he said, she said".
My money's on the latter. My husband has banned the debates after the second one when I was screaming at the TV for someone to just stay on point and answer the damn question. Apparently it's for my health and mental sanity that the internet and TVs are going to be cut off tonight. =/

another 90 mins of "he said, she said".
I totally expect this. It's why I can't take it seriously. Or I wouldn't be able to if I was American.

Reactions: Drakel and Shiri

llnWlmr.png

Did you think that I would have forgotten Dahnald? Since the dawn of time I have watched in anguished as you made your feeble country great again. But no more Dahnald! While you were busy enjoying your presidency I've amassed an eternal army of skeleton delegate; The Skelegates. Without you to protect the world from the forces of the Canadian Chaos Gods I will finally escape from my time loop prison. You've made your fateful mistake and I can finally travel back to that fateful night in 2016 and claim my birthright which you stole from me. With my army of Skelegates at my command I will finally win the Republican nomination and move forward towards a principle conservative campaign for President. My will shall never be denied again. Goodbye Dahnald, your New York ways will taint the party no longer. THE PRIESTHOOD IS RISING! I will plunge this country into ten thousand years of darkness. And the Delegates will support me in every step I take.

Thank you Dahnald

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brovo
I totally expect this. It's why I can't take it seriously. Or I wouldn't be able to if I was American.
It's as american as apple pie. Our parties have been bickering and arguing since our foundation. Good thing they outlawed dueling in this country. I could see Trump being the Andrew Jackson type ... >>

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
It's as american as apple pie. Our parties have been bickering and arguing since our foundation. Good thing they outlawed dueling in this country. I could see Trump being the Andrew Jackson type ... >>
I'm totally for 'Election by Combat'!

Let's start a petition and see if it catches on. >_>

Why the heck not? Chibi Greenie was always of the opinion that wars should be solved by hockey games.

Status
Not open for further replies.