Who would play you?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Asmodeus, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Original Poster: Razilin)

JULY 1, 2016
    INTERNATIONAL AIRSPACE

Engel decided then and there that she was never going to have kids.

She wasn't sure how old Zeroth was, exactly, but he had the misfortune of getting lumped with Erika and Wyatt by association. She felt no remorse over that fact.

Because all three of them were driving her certifiably insane.

Erika was teasing Wyatt nonstop since the jumbo jet left the international airport. Whenever she needed a break, she spent it pestering either Crossfire or Engel. Usually by kicking the back of Engel's seat like an eight-year-old.

"They're kids, Anna," Taka whispered to her from his seat beside her when he noticed her patience running dangerously thin.

"They're monsters," the surgeon groused. "And not because they have superpowers."

Wyatt was far less annoying, but had his moments as well. It was the first time he had ever been on an airplane, much less out of the country. His incessant questions about the modern world and Nepal were endearing...or would have been, if Engel wasn't operating on two hours of sleep and currently being robbed of further rest by her traveling companions.

"Have you ever been to the Nepal base?" Taka asked.

"No," Engel replied, glad to have anything to distract her from this godawful flight. "I did a little light reading about it before we took off. It's the center of our mystical research division in Asia. Lots of ley lines and salient magical energy. Having a couple of ancient monastic orders meditating in the mountains helps focus all of it down. Some researchers speculated that the monks subconsciously set up shop there centuries ago because of Nepal's energies."

"Anything interesting?"

Engel paused. Then, "There were a few dead end projects concerning spirits and Fae. They were only done at the Nepal base."

Taka was silent. Engel knew him well enough to tell that he was carefully mulling over that bit of news.

"Did the other installations have anything like that?" Taka asked quietly.

"No," she answered, "not any projects. But their personnel...." She took in a steadying breath. Everything she learned about this case in the last few hours had left her more than a little shaken. When she and Eliza started digging, they initially intended to look only for clues about the Devilman's abilities. They hadn't expected to spend most of the night and early morning unraveling a mystery, only to have more questions.

"Some of the personnel conducting research at Nepal had transferred to other facilities over the years," Engel said.

Taka frowned. "Facilities that have now fallen to the Devilman," he concluded grimly.

He spoke just loudly enough for Zeroth, seated behind him, to hear, "You know any Fae or spirits like that, changeling? Seems awfully invested in the mortal world for one of your kind."

Before the changeling could answer, Erika shouted, "Hey, Cross, Engel! What're you two whispering about? Sweet nothings? This ain't the mile-high club, you know!"

Engel palmed her face. It didn't matter how great in the sack Hayato had been. She was never having kids....

2. (Original Poster: Quiet One)

The scattered huts weren't on any sort of road. They didn't have a straight line through them and seemed to be placed in no apparent order. They did, however, all appear to face west, which was a bit odd. As the visitors came they were given a wide berth, many muttering in their native language. It was an Arabian village, definitely: they spotted Arabic writing on some of the huts, written up the doorframes as if it were some incantation, and women in full burqas, quickly ducking inside.

"Looks like they're not very fond of outsiders here," Hayato noticed.

As they passed Crossfire brought up the rear. A boy extended his hand and crossed the palm, pushing him away.

"I don't think that's it."

They pressed further inward until they came to the village elder. Their society was so small that they still used age as a hierarchy. The man's sons were interpreters not very practiced with English. Talking only became harder when it became clear the crash course in Arabic Landel had given them wasn't up to snuff. They wouldn't listen to Engel until she was given a burqa to cover at least her neck, hair and cleavage.

Emgel had retained most of their lessons so she sat cross-legged before the man, Hayato and Taka flanking the doorway. Just when they seemed about ready to talk the old man looked at Crossfire's hand and began talking very fast and angrily.

She looked up at him. "He says he wants you to leave the room."

"Why?" he asked.

After some more talking Engel put up her hands and shrugged. "He says you are not...a pure man." More Arabic. "He's apologizing, saying...he doesn't think you're evil, but..." blah-blah Arancol "he doesn't want...the Arancol's wrath on his family. What is the Arancol?"

But he would not speak again until Taka left the hut. He went a few houses over and leaned over a well that currently wasn't being used. It wasn't long before Hayato leaned against it, too.

"The people here seem to know something's up with you," he said in a low voice. "They seem very perceptive. Almost supernaturally."

"Suggests there's a Fae nearby," the older sibling concluded with an unusual crispness. He looked at his hand. "Not a pure human. He didn't mean my heart or my intentions. He meant my blood. How did he know?"

"Maybe the one that marked you knows this Arancol," Hayato suggested. "Bet they go way back."

"Yeah..." He closed his fist. They probably did. But he doubted the history was friendly.

3. (Original Poster: Razilin)

The trio continued their journey ever deeper into the cave, their flashlights the only illumination in the maw-like tunnel bringing them closer and closer to its deadly master. Even though they encountered no further creatures like those spidery beasts, they could each feel the oppressive vileness of the Arancol permeating every rock and fissure of this place.

Hayato's hand suddenly shot out, silently calling to his brother and girlfriend to halt. He closed his eyes. "I hear something," he murmured softly. It was like silk sliding against silk, the faintest of whispers, at at the same time holding an ominous lilt. From the flickering shadows emerged a lean, willowy humanoid figure with burning red eyes within a featureless helmet.

"Great, more of the Arancol's kids," Anna hissed, drawing her gun. Beside her, Taka silently did the same.

Black tendrils of shadow and smoke coiled around the willowy creature's hands, eventually coalescing into black curved swords. "Okay, gotta admit, that's a neat trick," Hayato allowed, drawing his own katana. The creature rushed him, forcing the young ninja to exchange a series of strikes and parries with such speed and force that sparks jumped from where their blades crashed together.

"What the hell...?" Hayato suddenly found it difficult to focus. Everything was blurring within his vision. He swiped once, twice, and thrice at the shadowy warrior, but struck only a distorted afterimage. It took every ounce of lightning-fast reflexes to bring his blade back into defensive position, as the failed attacks left him wide open for a counterattack. "Son of a bitch! Taka, he's distorting my vision! Be careful!"

It was bad enough for a swordsman to deal with faulty visual cues. It would be absolute murder on a marksman.

4. (Original Poster: Quiet One)

"Then let's skip the preliminaries," he said. Taka lowered his hands and stepped forward, acting as the barrier between the Arancol's semi-living zombies and his brother and friend. He looked genuinely unafraid, staring at them neutrally. "How about you just pick one body to fight with? You can't scare me, and this is the tactic of a coward. Pick one, Arancol, and fight me like a man."

The bodies stopped their slow shuffle forward. The darkness around seemed to pulse and throb. Taka knew he was making a risky move. Calling the Arancol a coward would either trick him, or force him to attack in rage. The shadows began to pull back, and Annabelle and Hayato relaxed. But he recognized the slow withdraw, the density of the darkness increasing as it pulled back. He wasn't retreating. The Arancol was getting ready to strike.

"HAYATO DOWN!" he shouted as the dark mist shot forward and enveloped him. Taka felt the familiar panic from the last time try to set in, but he was reminded that he was in charge of his fate, that if he had anything to fear, it would be his own failure. And he refused to fail. He shut his eyes behind his glasses and kept measured breaths, waiting for the feeling to subside. Eventually, surprisingly, it did.

"The Crone..." he heard whispered to him. He opened his eyes to see the cave was as it had been. One of the Arancol's victims opened his hand. There was an old scar across his palm. A breeder opened her arm and showed him a long scar that started at the center of her palm and traveled down her forearm. Another had a long, winding mark along his entire arm.

"He's scarred them," Annabelle whispered.

No, Taka thought, Not him. He'd been set up. All this time...he wasn't meant to kill the Arancol. Just to appease it so it would stay in the shadows for a little while longer. The monster would want what he had, and that old Fae bitch knew it. And she was right. It was the only way to save Hayato.

"I'll stay," he announced. "But only if you let them go."

"Taka, what the hell are you doing?" Hayato rushed towards him, but Annabelle held him back.

"It's me he wants," Taka replied. "It's why we're here. It's the only reason we're here."

"How do you know? Taka, you're not making any sense!" Annabelle goaded him. She reached out for his arm, but he shook her off.

"I just do. It's the only way you get out alive." He turned back the army of bodies and dropped his guns. "Open the path. Let them leave."

A wall of shadow parted behind them, revealing the opening through which they had come. Annabelle looked from Taka to the opening, then began to climb towards it. She fought back her tears and fight harder still to tug Hayato with her. But he was much stronger than her, and he refused to leave his brother.

"Aniki if this is what he wants I'll stay with you!" he shouted. He tugged away from Annabelle to try to get to him. Taka didn't look back. He wouldn't be tempted to put his brother's life in danger. "We don't go it alone, Taka! We're a team! We're brothers!"

"You don't need me anymore, Hayato," he said back. He took deep breaths, trying to keep his tears at bay. For Annabelle it was the most emotive he'd ever been. "You can take care of yourself...Go!...Start a family. Save lives. You were always a better hero than me, Hayato. I was only ever a hunter."

"Taka..."

He pulled out an extra gun from his suit and fired at the ground in front of Hayato's advancing feet, forcing him back.

"Go."

He heard Hayato's protests slowly die away as Annabelle finally managed to edge him towards the exit. He kept his eyes closed as they left, tears slipping out past his lenses. He had nothing to fear now. Hayato was safe. He had fulfilled his end of the deal.

"Aishiteruyo, kyōdai," he whispered. I love you, brother.

5. (Original Poster: Quiet One)

Taka took a deep breath as the shadowy mass swirled around him. He didn't want to be used as a monster's breeding stock - who would? - but there was a peace to this. These tributes seemed empty, at a point between dead and alive. There must be some point where their bodies finally gave out and they'd be allowed to die, even if it was hundreds of years down the line. He would likely be rendered unaware, so he didn't have to deal with the unpleasantness. The true peace, though, came from knowing his little brother had been spared. It would hurt for a while, he was sure, but Hayato would find a way to move on. Raise a family. And maybe someday Hushcobb would have the arms to finally kill this monster. He idly wondered if his brother would name any of his kids after him.

The Arancol's dark mist began receding, more and more of the sickly breeding cave revealed as the Dark Fae condensed into a dark point.

"You...will make...new family..." the awful voice rasped.

"So long as I protect my old one," Taka replied.

The darkness shot forward. Taka closed his eyes, ready to be consumed. But then a warrior's cry and the telltale shinkt of an unsheathing katana made him open up again. Hayato jumped between Taka and the approaching Arancol, swinging his sword down right where the dark missile was rushing in. The sound of rushing air and piercing screams echoed from the sword. The Arancol's half-dead dummies dropped around them. When Hayato stumbled back his blade was pitch black. As it did the last time it was possessed it tried to swing on its own. Hayato held firm and began directing it, lifting his scabbard up. With one last yell of effort he sheathed the cursed sword.

"Hayato, what are you doing here?!" Taka shouted, rounding on him.

The younger brother panted and held up the blade. "Being the hero. You said I was good at it."

The controlled older sibling took a deep breath. "I told you to go."

"And I said I'm not leaving without you," He shot back. he pushed his shoulder. "What the fuck were you thinking, Aniki? Have us leave while you end up stuck here as some freak's baby-daddy?"

"This was what I'd made the deal for," he said under his breath, seeing Annabelle come through the hole. "I just didn't know it when I did. I thought I agreed to kill him, but I really only signed up for this."

"Then we find that crone and stab her with Arancol, here," Hayato quipped, holding up the sword. "Anyway, we've got him. Let's get back to Hushcobb and put him in Lockup."

6. AUGUST 28, 2016
    TOKYO, JAPAN

Servant Squad base wasn't that different from Kouma Air Force Base. Except that it wasn't in ashes. And it didn't harbor alien technology. And as far as secrecy was concerned, it didn't have the same level of priority. Of course, the only reason it wasn't top secret was because of the goddamn media. Anywhere Chiaki was spotted became a hotspot, and Servant Squad base was now the worst-kept secret in the world.

But now some of the secrecy was coming back. An unnamed government group was roping off the base. News and television crews were threatened with criminal charges if they got within one hundred meters of the facility. Even the base's regular personnel were barred from entry. Only Tyril Wes, Hikaru, and the media darling Chiaki Uzuki were allowed in. Oh, and two young women.

They walked up to Bravado and Skull Rider, the alleged superheroes. The shorter, bustier woman snickered to herself as she saw the hellish demon sipping tea. This was going to be interesting. Even still, she kept consecrated rounds in her gun just in case.

"Gentlemen," the other woman nodded to them. Perhaps the biggest surprise from them was a lack of surprise. These two women acted like they saw demon bikers and armored whack-jobs all the time. "I am Dr. Landel. This is my assistant, Ruth. We'd like to ask you a few questions regarding your stories. With your permission, we'd also like to run a few tests."

As she said that a soldier came in with a massive wheeled case, parked it, and walked away. Landel turned the case and opened it, not letting anyone see what she was doing. She paused, though, and held up a little notebook.

"What's this?"

Ruth blushed and took it. "An autograph book. I wanted to get...Chiaki's...signature..."

Landel smirked and shook her head. "Well, alright then. Where is the kid, anyway?"

7. Anyone gonna post actors that people actually know?

8. Sorry, voice actors aren't the most known of folks...I wouldn't choose a real actor to voice him regardless; that would be fail I'd think in my case.

9. Thanks Asmo for nudging my mind.

Harrison Ford.

10. Hi I Dawn I like da animu and da mango :B

My favorite anime genre is horror. Specifically psychological and paranormal.

11. I'd be played by Daniel Radcliffe. I've had people mistake me for him before. At least until I spoke and they found out I wasn't British.

12. Going with the conversation in the other thread, I really dislike it when people have their characters be mentally ill, but they don't research into the disease, or explore it in their stories. Research is incredibly important when it comes to portraying characters with mental illnesses and disabilities. I really hate it when people just slap a mental illness onto their characters just to make them edgier, or random. I don't see this too much, anymore, thankfully.

And going along with the vampire talk in this thread, I really like what's being said here. We've gotten to the point where vampires are really overused in most fiction, and nothing all that unique is coming out of it. While I think that vampires should keep some of their old trademarks, I think exploring vampires from different cultures could be very interesting. Give us vamps of color. Give us vamps with diverse personalities and backgrounds.

[​IMG]

13. having seen Inglorious basterds, i think Til Schweiger wood make a good Warmaster Death.

[​IMG]

14. I'd like to play myself, but if it has to be an actor...
    Yui Makino (when she was younger, though)

We have the same blood type, hair color and if I had bangs, hairstyle too X3.
    And she used to sound like a kid, too =] Teehee

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

I can't think of anyone else. XD
    I got her on FaceRecognition for 73% =] IT WAS THE EYES THAT THREW THEM OFF I KNOW IT XD

15. Right, so there we get to the cause of a gem's cause. Are gems designed with that single goal in mind, or are they just assigned whatever they are good at?

Because she has really no strong side in combat.

And true that with Rose. Can't believe I didn't think of the most gracious person in the show.

EDIT: After browsing Superpower wiki for plant-based powers (please make my obsession end), I got an idea. Her powers are based around the growth and manipulation of plants, say for traps or armory. Which wouldn't need her Jasper-level buff.

On to her backstory. Without plants, or for that matter organic life altogether, on Homeworld, she would appear to be powerless at first. Which her being one of the earlier gems being made, explains, at a time when HW was less technologically advanced, and had to try out each gem to see what they were good for. Assuming Moss Agates are powerless, production of those was discontinued, until the colonization of Earth. She could have been under some sort of emergency, accidentally discovering her powers, leading to her taking close attention to plants... Which led to her being captivated by them, and interested in Earth's survival.

16. "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude"

Sorry, younger Keanu Reeves memory.....ah the good old days.... I might get back into IW

Eventually....

I want to be played by.........

http://www.fadeev.ru/images/LenaB1.jpg

Elena Temnikova

She's a singer for Serebro, but DAAAAAAAAAMN! She's hot.

17. [​IMG]

Dante Basco.

We're both Filipino. He's got a few years on me, but its not like Filipinos age remarkably fast until their late 40s to early 50s anyway, my family especially. I'm probably related to this guy by some weird method requiring fifth cousins thrice removed. Probably.

Like Razilin/The Batman, he's charmingly, nay, dashingly, handsome and has great hair. Admittedly, Razilin's hair has grown out quite long and shaggy lately, but will eventually get it trimmed back to its original woman-swooning style. Basco lacks Razilin's medium build and cut physique, but that's all right; what he lacks in tone, he makes up for in boyish good looks. The biggest physical difference is that Basco is somewhere near his 30s, but still has no facial hair (or just has a better razor than Razilin). Razilin prefers the goatee.

He's been pigeon-holed by the geek community as RUFIO!!! RU-FI-OOOOOO!!!! (the exclamations are a necessity) from the movie Hook and Prince Zuko from the cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. In the Filipino community, he's especially known for the lead role in The Debut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.