Who We Are

"Then you'll stay with me!" Elana was ecstatic.

Terra smiled. "Really? That's so nice of you, thanks!" Terra shared in her new friend's excitement. Finally, she thought, I have a friend who won't judge me for my power.

Elana smiled back at her kin and took her hand. She turned to Liam. "Will you walk us home love?" She asked, fluttering her wings.

Sylvia squirmed as she entered the town, goosebumps travelling up her arms. Eric turned and noticed her reaction and placed a steady hand on her shoulder. Sylvia jumped and looked up at her twin brother, then back at the nearly deserted town. "I don't like this Eric." She whimpered, crossing her arms over her chest. Eric sighed and shook his head slowly. "I know Sylvia, but we can't go back." He said sternly for the hundredth time. As another breeze whipped past them, Sylvia gripped her brother's arm, feeling a strange feeling emanating from the town. "D-Do you think there are others here? Like us?" Sylvia stuttered. Eric shook his head and started walking forward. "Demons, you mean? I seriously doubt it." He said bitterly, leading his sister along the cracked earth. Sylvia made a noise but kept quiet, knowing not to continue. "There are others here though. Not demons, but they aren't humans either." Eric finally said, keeping watchful eyes on the vacant house windows. Sylvia gulped and clung tighter to her brother's arm. "Don't worry, okay? I know you're scared, but you're going to make me trip if you don't let go." He said, glancing down at Sylvia. With a nod, she let go of her brother's arm and crossed her arms across her chest. "If somebody even tries to put a finger on you, they won't have a hand anymore. So calm down." Eric's tone was stern but his eyes were soft when they turned to hers. Sylvia smiled a little and nodded. "Let's take a break for a few minutes." She said, pointing to a bar close to them. Eric looked uneasy when he heard the loud sounds coming from it. Sounds of life. Sylvia looked at her brother with big eyes, and he finally sighed. "Alright, fine. Only for a few minutes though, then we need to keep going. You know we aren't exactly excepted everywhere." Eric said, walking towards the bar, Sylvia following close behind. Eric pushed open the door and saw many species gathered around, chatting. Sylvia poked her head in and smiled. Eric grabbed her shoulders to keep her from running in. In the process of doing that, Sylvia's foot hit a bottle and it fell with a loud clang. Eric cringed at the loud noise then opened his eyes quickly when he noticed the chatting stopped. Quickly, Eric ushered Sylvia to a booth at the back of the bar. She sat down and Eric sat in front of her. All of a sudden a drunk human stumbled forward, a giddy laugh escaping his lips. He aimed straight for Sylvia, who moved quickly away from the man, eyes wide in fear. Eric stood quickly and moved in between his sister and the man. "Come oonnn. I just wanna have some fun." He slurred, obviously wasted. Eric sent him a cold hard glare, not budging. "Don't touch her." He growled, feeling everybody's eyes in the bar turn on him. Sylvia gasped and grabbed her brother's arm desperately. "Eric, stop!" She pleaded, trying to snap his gaze from the man's. "He doesn't even know what he's doing." She said quickly, watching as Eric started to crouch into his fighting stance. Eric heard his sister, but chose to ignore her. His eyes became dilated and a low growl came from his throat. Opening his mouth in a sneer, his regular teeth were replaced with large canines and needle-like teeth. His fingernails grew into sharpened, deadly points. The man's eyes widened slightly but he called a few names. Sylvia watched in horror as a few more guys came to join him. "Stop, don't fight! You don't want to mess with my brother when he's like this! He'll kill all three of you if you don't stop!" She shrieked, still trying to pull Eric out of his daze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dora had been in the stock room when her detailed ears picked up the commotion both outside where the fae and the vampires were and the disturbance in her bar where two other demons were. She quickly came out, happy to finally meet others demons that wouldn't judge her for her past. She had done some bad things, but all for good reasons. She came out of the room bearing a stick of chalk and a frying pan. She quickly and quietly moved the chalk over to the scene where the men were and drew a wide circle around them all without them noticing since they were focused on the people in the booth. She made it wide on purpose and made sure nobody else was in it. The circle had finished being written as she was on her way over there, as she used her powers to move it from afar. She held the frying pan close and entered the circle, muttering the trap spell under her breath. Now everybody that was in the circle was trapped inside without escape, including Dora. Since humans couldn't see magic, the men did not notice the field and continued talking. She walked closer and closer to them, her steps becoming faster as she walked. She cast a calming spell on the boy to make sure he wasn't discovered while she took care of them. It was nearly midnight and she was tired, wanting to close the bar down for the night. She swung the pan at the first guy as it landed loudly. Him and his friends would always start a commotion in her bar and she would always beat them up for it. Yet they still continued. She hit their leader and he fell to the ground in one fell swoop. She watched his body fall, winked at the girl in the booth to let her know she's okay, and stared at the other men with a look of anger in her eyes. She looked like she was about to murder them. And she would. She could. But she won't, not to let her cover get blown by these dumbasses. Her eyes flashed a bright purple to scare off the guys. They knew she wasn't normal, but they were just too drunk to be smart and run.

Sylvia's eyes widened as she saw the girl start drawing a chalk circle, and pulled Eric back with all of her strength. Eric blinked a few times in confusion as his nails and teeth went back to normal before his eyes made their way to the girl. Moving back into the booth, Eric gripped his sister close to his chest and gave a warning growl at the men. They both watched as the girl brought out a frying pan and started beating the men over the head with it. Sylvia glanced at the girl's eyes and saw them glow purple, then back at the wasted guys, who didn't seem to be moving. Eric growled loudly as a hand tried grabbing at Sylvia. "Keep your hands off!" He snapped, bringing his head forward and quickly biting the man's hand. Eric's eyes glowed with satisfaction as the man howled in pain while holding his hand to his chest. Sylvia gasped and sunk against her brother's chest even more. "Eric, stop. I don't like this." She said softly, her eyes widening as she looked up at her brother. A drop of the man's blood was trickling from Eric's chin and his eyes were starting to dilate again. Sylvia gasped and pushed her brother to his knees and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind. "Not again, Eric. Please, try to hold strong. For me." She whispered, pressing her forehead on the back of his neck. An inhuman noise aroused from Eric as he tried pulling from Sylvia's grip. She held strong and tears trickled down her face. "Eric, don't let loose like last time." She whispered. Suddenly, like a switch, Eric's tenseness seemed to disappear. He sat back against Sylvia with closed eyes, breathing heavily. Sylvia let out a relieved sigh and held her twin brother close to her. "Aughlima Respero" Sylvia said quietly, running a hand over her brother's forehead. "Let this troubled mind rest for the time being." Her voice drifting to Eric. Eric's breathing slowed to normal and he started to rest. Sylvia's head shot up as the men stared at her, along with everybody else in the bar. "N-No, please. It's not what it looks like-" Sylvia tried but one of the more sober men stomped forward, anger in his eyes. "Demons! I should have known from how that boy started changing, but that spell sure made it clear!" Sylvia gasped at the hate in the man's eyes before turning to her brother. With a swish of her wrist, Eric's eyes flew open and he looked around in confusion. Finally, his eyes narrowed as he started remembering what was going on. "You evil things! Killing innocent people and what not! Things like you should have never been created!" The man spat the words like venom, causing Sylvia to shrink back. "Well, not anymore. You've killed too many of us and we haven't killed enough of you." His tone meant that he was done discussing as he picked up a nearby knife. Others followed his actions while others stared at the twins in horror. Eric stood and pulled his sister close, eyes dilating again, teeth changing rapidly. The men started to crowd as Eric started to try pushing through. A hand grabbed Sylvia's arm and dug it's nails in deep, piercing her skin. Sylvia gave a yelp and Eric turned protective eyes to the hand. With a swipe of his hand, the man the hand belonged to gave a terrible howl of pain as he held his hand less arm to his chest. Everyone turned to the man, eyes wide in fear. Eric saw it as an escape and ran forward towards the door, Sylvia right behind him. As they passed the door Sylvia gave the girl a thankful smile before sprinting out of the bar. Eric quickly grabbed Sylvia's hand and sprinted to some underbrush before collapsing to the ground. Sylvia gulped huge mouthfuls of air and so did Eric. Immediately, Eric's eyes glance to Sylvia's arm and saw it bleeding. He cursed under his breath and grabbed some spare cloth, tying it around her bicep. Slowly, Eric noticed voices from others...but they weren't human or demons...

Elana turned to Terra. "Can you feel them? The others...?"

Sylvia bit her lip as Eric tightened the cloth around her arm. "I know it hurts, just bear with me." He sighed, knowing his sister was in pain without having to look up at her. After he was finished with her arm, Eric turned in the direction he heard voices. Sylvia opened her mouth to say something, but Eric quickly put a hand over her mouth. Turning towards her, Eric put a finger to his lips, motioning her to be quiet. There were definitely voices. He had just heard it. His nails grew into deadly sharpened points, but that was it. Eric didn't want to start the fight; he wanted to be on guard just in case. Especially since his twin sister was there. She never liked it when he fought like he did. Sylvia looked at her brother's face, which was creased with a thinking look. She made an uncomfortable noise when she was told he was hearing voices. It was obvious that the people of the town didn't take too kindly to demons...humans or not.

Chrystalline had been focused on the vamp in front of her. She had noticed the shapeshifter, but that seemed to be an exchange just for them right now. She suddenly heard noise inside the bar and just as Elana said, "Can you feel them?" two beings ran out of the bar. Her ears perked. She was wondering if it had been the man from earlier who had piqued her interest. Her curiosity drew her to the two figures behind the underbrush. She recognized what they were without having to get too close, having met several in her journeys. Demons. Chrystalline bore no ill-will to the two as they were not too far apart in the way they lived. She couldn't blame them for anything as she had killed just to feast.

She saw two pairs of feet peaking out.
"Hi?" She hesitated as she sensed the tenseness. She stepped forward so they could see her face. She tried making it soft, though she knew that was impossible. Her life floating from one lifetime to another had coarsened her features. "I'm Chrystalline. Are you in trouble? Do you need help?"
She thought she'd try out this new life her and the other vampire had agreed to, and she was sure she could help if they needed her.

Elana joined her. "We won't hurt you. We're here to help if you need it."

Eric's head shot up at the sound of two girls. Sylvia furrowed her brow a little before smiling brightly. Standing up, she started walking to the fae and other girl, when Eric's arm shot out and stopped her. Standing up as well, Eric walked to his sister's side and noticed he towered over the two mystery girls. Sylvia scrunched her nose at her brother before turning to the other girls. "I'm Sylvia, nice to meet you! And this is my brother Eric. Don't mind his behavior; he doesn't like new people very much." As she said those words, Eric rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest, looking at the ground.

"Oh! Thanks for actually saying hi to us. We...sort of ran into some trouble back there. Eric almost went full demon so I had to use an incantation to calm him down...unfortunately a man recognized the spell right away so they tried attacking us with knives and weapons. Not a very good welcome if I do say so myself." Sylvia's tone was bright and she tried making a joke of the whole matter, but inside she felt deeply hurt by the people's reactions to them. Eric glanced down and noticed the falter in his sister's smile, causing him to frown. He put a gentle hand on her shoulder and turned to the two girls. "As you can see, Demons aren't exactly wanted...why is it that you speak to us when others want to kill us?" Eric's tone came out more fierce and harsh than he meant it to, but he ignored it.

Reactions: Azalea Pendragon
Elana smiled softly and walked forward to hug the girl. As a Fae, she was naturally compassionate. "I'm Elana, a fae. We are shunned by the humans as well. " she smiled wryly.

"That is true...all of us are not very welcome. There is also a wraith hanging around," Chrystalline said matter-of-factly. "It hunted me for a little while, before this one here saved my life," she hooked a thumb at Elana. "If you don't trust me, which I could understand, you can definitely trust her! She saved me when she hadn't even met me before."

"Speaking of the wraith, I know I was going out in the woods with another vampire to train to gain control as apparently feasting on humans is what has made my soul dark and caused this wraith to gravitate towards my soul. I don't know if you are interested in joining us? Maybe we could protect each other."

Elana narrowed her eyes at Chrystalline. "No. they'll stay with me and Terra for now. They don't need to get in any trouble." She slung her arm around the girl's shoulders.
"That girl is my kin, her name is Terra. And that man there is Liam...A friend. And that other Vampire is Adrianna." She introduced everyone, smiling slyly at Liam.

"YOU MOTHERF**KING IDIOTS! THEY'RE JUST KIDS! DEMON OR NOT, THEY ARE STILL LIVING BEINGS! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY BAR AND NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN OR SO HELP ME I'LL FINISH WHAT HE DIDN'T!" She shouted in anger. She wanted to help them, but now they were hurt. She heard voices outside, more than the siblings. Oh, good. The fae and her friends are there. She was relieved. The men were just standing there, staring at her, having never seen her so mad. They knew the legends about her dad being a powerful demon and having kidnapped her mother, but they didn't know that her mom wanted to be kidnapped. They knew she wasn't human. They knew she wasn't a weak demon. The men all left the bar after a few seconds of her pissed off eyes looking at them with burning hatred. If they did not leave, she would make them. Once they were all gone, she grabbed some medicine and headed outside to help. She actually wanted to meet that fae and the shapeshifter. Shapeshifters always interested her, as well as their kin did. As the townspeople walked outside, they heard voices from the bushes. They stopped and turned to look, but Dora soon came out. She stepped in between the crowd and the others. "WELL? WHAT THE H**L ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GET THE F**K AWAY!* Her hands clenched so tightly that they turned a deep red. Her tail accidentally sprouted out from the back of her jeans and she whipped it forward. "GET OUT. NOW." The townspeople left running. She knew that she had just lost most of her customers, but that wasn't the priority right now. She walked over to the twins, clenching the medicine tightly. She took notice of the others and stopped in front of the twins. "God, people are so annoying and ignorant sometimes......Errghh..." She kept on growling for a second until she remembered she was not alone. She let out a deep breath and relaxed her muscles. "Sorry about that. I tried to get them away, but I just couldn't think of a strategy to use that would be of benefit to everyone." She stepped closer to the girl and boy and prepared to speak. "Hi. My name is Dora Nightingale. I run that little Inn over there, but it's often empty without those loudmouths that just left." She smiled at the two, noticing that the boy was taller than her. She loved tall people. "I'm a demon, just like you two. It's been a long time since I've had the pleasure of talking to other supernaturals." She turned to look at the fae and the shapeshifter, taking notice that the two vampires from earlier were there too as well as another man. "Wow, a fae and a shapeshifter. I love shapeshifters!" Dora smiled brightly, looking at all of them. She liked these people very much. She wanted them to be her friends. She never had friends and would always be shunned wherever she went, so she was mostly alone. But she liked these people because of their great qualitites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elana smiled but kept her arm around Sylvia. "Only if they want to." She replied easily, not quite trusting.

Sylvia's eyes widened when Elana, the fae, wrapped her arms around her. Eventually, a bright smile spread onto her face before gently hugging her back. Eric narrowed his eyes slightly at the new people. He knew they wouldn't hurt him and his sister, but he wasn't the trusting type. Sylvia pulled from the hug and listened to Chrystalline, the vampire. Slowly nodding, she realized that they could be trusted. "Yeah, we-" Sylvia stopped when her eyes met Eric's. He was looking at her with his famous older-brother stern face. "How do we know we can trust you? How do we know that you guys won't try turning us in?" Eric's tone was cold and harsh, eyes slightly narrowed at the fae and vampire. "Eric, stop. They're just trying to be nice!" Sylvia snapped, causing her brother to look at her. Sylvia's eyes widened and she clamped her mouth shut, noticing she just snapped at her brother. "Being nice or not, they could be messing with us! Or did you not learn the last time that happened?!" Eric's voice rose slightly. Sylvia made a sound with her throat as tears sprung to her eyes. Eric's eyes and face softened at the sight of his sister's tears. "Sylvia, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." He said gently, opening his arms. Sylvia slowly walked from the fae and into her twin brother's embrace. As he held her against him, Eric, narrowed his eyes and turned them back to the vampire, fae and the others. "How do we know?" Was all he said while waiting for a valid response. He hadn't even noticed that the girl from the inn, Dora, was introducing herself to them.

Elana smiled. "I'm fae. I cant hurt a fly even if tried. And we supernaturals have to stick together. Liam would vouch for me, wouldn't you love?" She grinned at him, a promise in her eyes.

Eric narrowed his eyes at the suspicious guy, Liam. Sylvia pulled away from her brother's chest and looked at the inn owner, Dora. "Sorry, it's great to meet you. You sure helped us back there." Sylvia sniffed and smiled at the girl, walking forward and giving her a hug. Eric turned to watch his sister and still wasn't feeling anything good with the group. Crossing his arms over his chest, Eric took a few steps away from the chattering group. His eyes were still narrowed, watching for any suspicious movements and making sure they wouldn't do anything with his sister.

Elana smiled reassuringly at Eric. "Liam will stay in check, don't worry. " She sent a thought to him, not daring to speak out loud.