Who Might You Be?

Had Tanner just heard right??
Getting up from his seat he rushed out the door and right into Kai.
The food went flying and tanner quickly grabbed the tray, catching all of the fruit and most of the trail mix.
"Sh-shit sorry!"
Guess it was a plus that he had some seriously good reflexes.
Oh...?
Looking down at the fruit he grinned, perhaps it was for him?

Either way, Tanner knelt down and set the tray on the floor, then started picking up pieces of trail mix that had gone flying and put them in his hand to not dirty the food that hadn't dropped.
He'd put his hand over the top of the juices automatically when they collided, hence why the mix went flying and not the liquid.

Kai didn't have much time to react, especially since Tanner took care of it for the most part. "I'm surprised you caught as much as you did" Kai muttered, a quiet laugh escaping his lips as he nelt down. Tanner's face was priceless in that second that they had colided. for the life of him kai couldnt quit laughing as he helped to collect the mix that was scattered on the floor. "Your face" kai finally laughed "you looked so surprised- it was too funny"

Tanner sat down, pursing his lips in agitation.
He hadn't looked that bad had he??
Well, obviously he had since Kai was still laughing his butt off.
Tch.
Well!
Reaching over Tanner grabbed the back of Kai's shirt and dumped a small hand of trail mix down it.
"Heh, now that's a lot more funny."
Sticking his tongue out he figured he'd just won that...whatever it was.

Kais laughing came to a hault when he felt the pieces slide down the back of his shirt. His shirt was tucked into his pants so the mix didn't easily fall out of his shirt and back onto the floor. "Oh really?" Kai said with a serious face. his hands reached up and pulled his glasses off his nose like he meant buisness. But suddenly he grabbed a piece of cut up fruit and threw it at Tanner with a laugh, especially when it stuck to Tanner's cheek. "Oh wow Tanner, you should go to school like that. The girls will really find you attractive with food on your face" he teased playfully.

Tanner was gonna dodge but figured he deserved a little bit of retaliation.
However, at the mocking he smirked.
"Oh, it's on."
With a growl he tackled the other boy to the carpet, laughing as he heard some of the trail mix in his shirt crunching under the exchange of weight.
He was going for a pin down, like most kids do when they wrestle.
Except it was hard to focus and not laugh at the continuous crunching sounds of food.

Kai continued to laugh as he tried to keep Tanner from pinning him down, the pieces of food dug into his back each time they crunched and broke though he didnt seem to mind. He was having too much fun to give a damn. Kai couldn't remember the last time he messed around like this. He was always busy wih school or something to really let go and have fun. So while he had the chance he was going to live it up. Because Tanner clearly had the advantage when it came to strength, it wasnt too entirely long before Kai was helplessly pinned on his back. Breathing a little heavily kai looked up at tanner with a smile, letting out a couple more laughs "i guess im defeated...for now" he warned.

Tanner smirked and stuck his tongue out for a second before saying "Yeah, for now, and later."
He sat down right on Kai's stomach dominantly.
"Totally would have happened at school if you tried to get me down."
He laughed but it was playful, not to be mean.
Reaching down he grabbed one of Kai's arms and held it up for inspection.
"You need a bit more time working on though, your arms are starting to look like twigs."
He moved his butt a bit to feel for the others' stomach muscles.
"Got a good stomach though."

"I don't know about that. Adrenaline can do crazy things. I'm sure if I was angry enough I could take you" he joked light heartedly. However when he watched the way Tanner wriggled on him he felt his cheeks burn ever so slightly. He questioned himself why the hell he found such a simple and innocent movement so attractive, and from another guy doing it none the less. In that short matter of seconds Kai's smile had faded, a new wave of vulnerability seemed to come over him. His eyes met Tanner's for what felt like minutes while in reality it was mere seconds, until his eyes darted to the side in a sudden fit of shyness. How awkward things had gotten so quickly, was one of the first thoughts in Kai's mind.

Tanner had caught the boy's awkwardness and quickly got off him.
"Sorry dude, totally didn't mean it that way."
He blushed slightly but it was gone in the blink of an eye.
Tan thought the kid was homophobic which didn't bother him since he wasn't gay but still, that moving could have been misinterpreted.
Standing up he offered Kai a hand with a grin.
"Might wanna go get that food out of your shirt, then we can share what wasn't thrown on the floor or at my face?"

Seeing Tanner not too bothered by what had happened, kai offored a small smile and took his hand to get up. "That sounds like a good idea. Im pretty hungry now that I think about it" he admitted. Slipping into the bathroom he slowly pulled off his shirt, trying not to spill much of the mix. He had left the door open since it wasnt a big deal and poured what he could into the small trash can. Once he was sure he had most, if not all of the pieces out he shook his shirt and slipped it back on this time leaving it untucked.

Tanner hadn't looked, instead sat down on the bed with the food tray so he didn't get crumbs all over the book.
When Kai came out he tugged on the kid's untucked shirt with a grin.
"Looks so much better this way."
He scooted back a bit to give Kai room and then offered him the tray of food and drinks.
He'd already taken a glass of orange juice and downed it in one breath eagerly.
"My compliments to the chef?"

Kai smiled a little and took a seat on the other side of the tray to grab some of the fruit "Well im glad you like it. Its not like I did any cooking though" he said with a slight laugh. Picking up a slice of strawberry he ate it, savoring its sweet flavor before grabbig the full glass of juice to chase the strawberry down "Did you want more juice? you finished yours already i see" he commented once he lowered the glass from his lips.

Tanner raised an eyebrow and looked down at the glass in his hand.
"Oh, guess I was thirsty....yeah, please."
He slid off the bed, grabbing the tray as he waited for Kai.
They'd just go together since Tanner still wasn't too sure what he could and couldn't have from the fridge.
Didn't want to make a mistake and lose his chance to be here.
Heck, if he pissed Kai off the other could literally put him back on the streets.

With a nod Kai also got off the bed. Sipping at his own drink he took Tanner back downstairs and to the fridge. Before opening it Kai chugged the last of his juice so he could also refill his glass. "Since youre going to be staying here for a while feel free to make yourself at home. Eat whatever you want ok?" Kai said as he got out the juice. As he refilled their glasses he glanced at him "Did you want to go shopping today? We still have some time left so I figured we could go pick you up a couple jeans and shirts and what not" he said. Kai really didnt enjoy shopping for clothes but Tanner was in need of them.

Tanner followed the other boy downstairs to get some more juice.
Downing that cup he raised his eyebrows at the offer to go shopping.
He wasn't a fan of doing that mainly because he never had money but if Kai was offering he definitely couldn't afford to say no.
Especially since his last pair of clothing had been thrown away.
"Um...yeah. I probably need clothes."
Mainly since he was wearing Kai's right now.

"alright, im not a fan of shopping really so do you want to just go get it over with? the walk shouldnt be too long and if youre not picky on the clothes we should be back here fairly soon" kai explained. returning the juice to the fridge he grabbed his own cup and took a few drinks from it before grabbing another piece of fruit to munch on.

Tanner nodded and headed towards the door as Kai followed.
The walk was pretty quick and thankfully the weather was holding back on raining but left it overcast and cool out.
They headed into one of the larger clothing stores that usually had some good sales going on this time of year.
He quickly got lost in the racks of clothing, coming back out with about four pairs of jeans and matching shirts.
They were all on sale looked pretty good but...
"Um...are you any good at knowing how things fit? I haven't had anything new in years..."
As in, could Kai come to the dressing room and help say 'yay' or 'nay'.

Kai glanced at the clothes Tanner had snagged for himself. With Tanner's question, Kai was slow to nod "Yeah, lets go" he said walking past him to lead the boy to the dressing room. "Might as well try things on to make sure they are what you want anyway" he said, opening one of the dressing room doors for him.

The kid smiled warmly as his inquiry was accepted.
Following Kai to the back of the store he slipped silently into the dressing room, waiting until the other closed the door to start undressing.
First the shirt was tossed to the side revealing a decently well muscles stomach, though a bit thin.
Then he got the pants off and folded them slightly to toss on the bench over the shirt.
Alright, outfit one.
Picking up a pair of soft jeans he slid them on without much of a struggle, then pulled on a black T-shirt with white writing from some random band he didn't know.
The shirt hung below the waist so he pulled it up just above the pantsline so Kai could see if they fit or he needed another size.

Kai knew in the back of his mind that he was checking Tanner out. He really didn't mean to but when these type of situations came up he couldn't stop himself. Before now, he never thought he was the least bit interested in other boys but for some reason he was slowly coming to realise he was indeed attracted to Tanner. He wasnt sue if it was just a physical attraction or not, he just knew it was becoming difficult to keep his eyes off him sometimes. "They look like they fit to me" Kai said reaching out to tug on the rim of his pants. he was testing how loose they were on him, though his fingertips brushed against Tanner's skin ever so lightly. Accident or on purpose? Kai wasnt sure himself.